Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2003, 12:09 PM   #1

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Thumbs up August, 2004 in Oregon - Newberry Crater

August 13-16, 2004 our Oregon Unit will be having a rally at the Newberry Crater National Volcanic Monument in Central Oregon.

This is an open invitation to all Airstreamers, especially younger 'streamers and familys to join us for this fun rally. Newberry Crater is the site of much volcanic activity, and there are lots of hiking trails, lava beds, and caves to explore. There are two lakes for fishing, a wildlife refuge, and the edge of the monument is bounded by the Deshutes River, which is well known for it's whitewater rafting opportunities. There is more to do here than you CAN fit into a weekend! Basically, this is going to be a really fun rally for people who like to get out and enjoy the outdoors.

USGS - Newberry Crater

You don't have to be a member of the club, just own an airstream product, and come on over and join us for this great rally! If you think the WBCCI is just for older folks, this will change your mind. And if this rally is a success, there will certainly be more like it in the future.

Our group camp space is limited, so if you would like to join us for this fun weekend at Newberry Crater, please email me at stefrobrts@stephanies-mustang.com For more information!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 05:04 PM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Reserve your place

If you'd like to join us for the rally at Newberry Crater just print out this page and fill in the following information and mail to Steve (address below). Spaces are limited, so reserve your space as soon as you can!

Newberry Crater
August 13-16, 2004
This is DRY CAMPING. Parking Fee is $21
Rally fee is $10 per adult, $5 per child

Name:

Number of adults:

Number of Children:

Unit Model and Length:

Email Address:

WBCCI Number (if available):

Mail to :

Steve Laxton,
CEO/President Oregon Unit
3403 Kings Court
Yuma, AZ 85365

Thanks!

Old 01-02-2004, 05:58 PM   #3
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Looks interesting..... is it acceptable to show up a day late?
I've never been to a rally (other than peace, protest or pep) what is the etiquette? Are there planned activities?

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 10:33 PM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
Good question. Even though it is planned for Friday through Monday, I'll probably only make it for the weekend myself. I'll find out what I can and get back to you ASAP.

Old 01-03-2004, 05:21 PM   #5

1968 17' Caravel
Ok, I got the details. The parking fee for the whole weekend is $21, so you can show up whenever you want. If you're not sure if you can make it until the last minute, so you don't want to pay ahead, you can just show up and try to find a spot nearby (we have a group camp area reserved).

The only planned activities are a potluck, and the unit leaders are going to have their annual business meeting. There are threads on the forum regarding potluck recipes so you can plan ahead - I have no idea what we will do. Last time we participated in a rally potluck we were close enough to a store to go buy something. I'm still getting used to cooking in our little trailer.

Plenty of time to just explore and enjoy a weekend of camping. Rallys are fun, and you aren't really expected to do anything special, just show up and have a good time with new friends. No real etiquett to worry about. Everyone's pretty laid back in our unit.

Hope to see you there!

Old 01-03-2004, 09:49 PM   #6
Vince & Virginia

1969 21' Globetrotter
Riverside , California
We wanna go !!!

Are they asking for the rally and parking fees now? Or is this just a preliminary sign up type thing? (If they want the fees, who do I write the check to?)

Not sure if all our kids are coming, but expect our canoe, our telescopes, our golden retriever, our 4 year old and of course . . . our Airstream.

Virginia
Towster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 05:32 PM   #7

1968 17' Caravel
Send in your info and a check for the total amount made out to the Oregon Airstream Unit. That will hold your place. It's especially important to pay ahead because space is limited at this rally, and that way they'll know for sure when they are full up in the reserved area.

I look forward to seeing y'all there!

Old 02-01-2004, 06:39 PM   #8

1968 17' Caravel
Just wanted to let anyone who's interested in coming know that there's only 4 spots left in the group camp area, so if you want a guarenteed spot with everyone else, be sure to contact Steve.

Old 04-11-2004, 01:25 PM   #9

Bend, Oregon
Looks as if it's been a while!

Are there any openings for the Newberry Crater Rally left? Looks as if the last post was in late Feb. No big, I know the area OK. I just got my AS a couple of weeks ago and started looking into meeting up with other AS'ers. If it's still on, I'm in. May have to fend for myself though.

Thanks,
Matt
Anguspacecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 06:01 PM   #10
Vince & Virginia

1969 21' Globetrotter
Riverside , California
I sent my check for this last January - it was cashed - and I haven't heard anything. Is there any way to be sure it fell into the right hands and that we're really signed up for this?

Also, since we are coming from such a long way - southern california - is there any nice parks with full hookups in the portland (milwaukee) area, or a good place to leave the trailer while we stay in a motel? We need to visit my elderly parents (duty calls) for at least a day or two, before or after the rally.

Virginia
Towster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 07:10 PM   #11

1968 17' Caravel
I'm sure if it got cashed then you're in. Steve only has intermittant email, so it takes a few days to get a hold of him. I'll also find out if there's any spots left. If there aren't any spots left in group camp, you're welcome to still come and join us, you just might not be with the main group. I'll see what I can find out.

Old 04-26-2004, 06:09 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
I'm sure if it got cashed then you're in.
Steph,

Can you possibly get the names of those that are confirmed and list them on this thread? I too sent in the check but never heard anything. Just want to know that my name made it on the list. I am sooo counting the days! Can't wait!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:17 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Viginia,

There are MANY nice RV parks around Portland. I always stay at Portland Fairview RV Park. I don't know how close to Milwaukee it is but is a nice park. Huge is the word- four levels, each the size of a regular RV park. But clean and well kept with all the amenities.

Best advice: check http://campgroundreviews.com for ratings on RV parks.

Hope to see you at Newberry Crater! Oregon ROCKS!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote