Old 07-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Antioch , Tennessee
Question Any Nashville Area Airstream Clubs?

I don't own an Airstream yet but I am planning on purchasing one in the next year. I am going to be purchasing either the 30 foot Flying Cloud or the 28 foot International. Does anyone know if there are any Airstream clubs and/or rallies in the Nashville, TN area? If not, where would the closest Airstream club and/or rally be in relation to Nashville, TN? After I make my purchase I want to be able to get involved with the Airstream community as I am somewhat inexperienced and the help available through the Airstream community will be extremely helpful during the first year of use. Thanks!

Old 07-21-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleguy View Post
I don't own an Airstream yet but I am planning on purchasing one in the next year. I am going to be purchasing either the 30 foot Flying Cloud or the 28 foot International. Does anyone know if there are any Airstream clubs and/or rallies in the Nashville, TN area? If not, where would the closest Airstream club and/or rally be in relation to Nashville, TN? After I make my purchase I want to be able to get involved with the Airstream community as I am somewhat inexperienced and the help available through the Airstream community will be extremely helpful during the first year of use. Thanks!
There are three units in Tennessee ( http://www.wbcci.org/index.cfm?pageS...ons&regionID=6 ) and the Tennessee Cumberland Plateau Campground ( TCPC Online - WELCOME ) near Crossville.

Bill

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
There are three units in Tennessee ( http://www.wbcci.org/index.cfm?pageS...ons&regionID=6 ) and the Tennessee Cumberland Plateau Campground ( TCPC Online - WELCOME ) near Crossville.

Bill
wkerfoot covered it quite well except there are 4 WBCCI units in TN. The closest to you would be the Nashville music city unit. Next closest would be the Tennessee unit which is holds most of its rallies at TCPC.
You do not have to be a WBCCI member to camp at TCPC so it would be a good place to take your new trailer for a test run and meet a lot of local Airstream folks while deciding what to do.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Franklin , Tennessee
Hi, I'm Gerry Goffinet and I am a member of the Music City WBCCI. We meet monthly for lunch, although we may be on a summer recess. I'm currently traveling in Denver with my CCD 28 having just completed a trip with 3 other Music City members on a trip through the southwest. We are a very active group and full of opinions :^).

Please e-mail me at goffinet@comcast.net so when I return to Nashville (Franklin) we can continue the conversation. My phone is 615-481-6305.

About your trailer, in my opinion, 28 to 30 feet is the correct size for any planned Airstream activity. We have traveled extensively on Airstream caravans and rallys having put 75,000 miles on our (new then) 2004 CCD28; been to Alaska twice, Newfoundland, Manatoba, etc. The 28 footer is not too big nor too small to spend months in for two people. Anyway, give me a call and we'll do lunch. Gerry
Old 07-24-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2006 28' International CCD
Nashville , Tennessee
My husband and I live in Nashville and own a 28 foot International which we purchased (previously owned) in the fall of 2007. We have logged many wonderful adventures, the grandest of which was a four month trip to Alaska last summer (2009).

I follow the airforums regularly and it is a great source of information -- folks are very generous with their knowledge. I think you will find this forum invaluable. We are also members of the WBCCI at large and have enjoyed meeting many of the members of the Music City WBCCI at one of their luncheons.

Like Gerry, we would love to talk with you more and share any information that we can that might be useful to you. Also, like Gerry, we are on the road but plan to be back in Nashville in a couple of weeks (around August 8). If you'd like to call or get together, just send me a private message and we can make it happen.

Debbie
Old 08-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Franklin , Tennessee
Hey Nashvilleguy

Are you there? Several of us have replied to your "I want to know" post but as best as I can tell you've gone away. Have you?

Gerry
Old 08-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Why wait until you have purchased an Airstream? Be active now. Several folks have attended rallies before making the big purchase. We are having a rally at Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds in October. Come on out and play.
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Franklin , Tennessee
Hey Nashvilleguy......I own one

Hey Nashville guy, if you're looking to buy an International 28; hey, I own one. If you want to travel to Franklin you can see one that has traveled 100,000 miles and looks as good as when we bought it new in 2004. Unfortunately you won't be able to buy mine, its going with the estate, but I'd be glad to show it to you....as I'm sure that Sue and Hugh...some neighbors of ours that own one too, would be glad to do also. Gerry
Old 08-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Franklin , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore View Post
My husband and I live in Nashville and own a 28 foot International which we purchased (previously owned) in the fall of 2007. We have logged many wonderful adventures, the grandest of which was a four month trip to Alaska last summer (2009).

I follow the airforums regularly and it is a great source of information -- folks are very generous with their knowledge. I think you will find this forum invaluable. We are also members of the WBCCI at large and have enjoyed meeting many of the members of the Music City WBCCI at one of their luncheons.

Like Gerry, we would love to talk with you more and share any information that we can that might be useful to you. Also, like Gerry, we are on the road but plan to be back in Nashville in a couple of weeks (around August 8). If you'd like to call or get together, just send me a private message and we can make it happen.

Debbie
Hey Debbie....why are you guys members at large? Have you been to a Music City luncheon? There are 3 known members that own CCD 28's that would like to compare notes with you. Gerry
Old 09-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Memphis , TN
New airstream owner in Memphis

Hi everyone,

We live in Memphis and would like to attend a rally soon. We have some work to do (need to retrofit our 31 ft.) but hopefully in the spring we can get out...
Can you tell me the difference between this forum and the wbai?

Also, what Sites do you recommend for parts? We also need a new hitch/sway bar assembly.... Any recommendations?

Thank you!!
Pam
Old 09-30-2010, 04:10 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Perry , Florida
"We also need a new hitch/sway bar assembly.... Any recommendations?"

You'find a lot of info on hitches down in the towing section. I'm happy with my Hensley, but that is just an opinion.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #12

Nashville , Tennessee
Hey all you Nashville folks. I too am new to this community and have not bought anything yet. Since there is no Nashville dealer, my wife and I would very much like to look at an AS if you could show us what you have. This may sound a little forward but I assure you we are trying to learn what is out there. We are interested in buying used if we can find a 25 - 28 ft unit to meet our needs. I do not have a tow vehicle yet and will have to trade for that also. Have not started looking yet. Would like to attend your luncheons or rallies when available.

Thanks, Ron Prater
Nashville (Bellevue), TN
r.k.prater@att.net
615-662-6386