Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Rally !

2012 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Rally is on! We will be camping beach front right on the grounds of the Balloon Fiesta. Since we are a large group, we get the best seats in the house. If you have never been before, this is a great opportunity to see this event close up - the balloons will be taking off yards from your front door. For more information log on to Welcome to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta

This year is again special as it’s the 100th Anniversary of New Mexico statehood.

The dates are to arrive October 5th and leave the morning of Oct 9th. The cost is $341 which INCLUDES
FREE (which alone would cost almost $200 if you were not camping with us) entry to all events for 2 people. The only thing we charge is $1 to cover some bank charges for handling the rally funds - which means you would pay the same if you were to stay there on your own.

Don’t miss the early morning Dawn Patrol where a dozen balloons light up the pre-dawn sky. Next up is Mass Ascension where you will see hundreds of balloons take to the sky. The best part is that you are not sitting in grandstands taking in the action from a distance but you are right on the field watching as balloon crews set up their balloons and take off. The evening brings more balloons and fireworks!

We have approx 150 spots reserved – this is a BIG Airstream event, this is the ONLY Airstream event that is parked on the fiesta field. You cannot get any closer than we are. It is my understand that several have called the balloon folks have were told they are full – so we may have the only spots available.

This event fills up fast and I need to know who is attending by early April, and ½ of the fee ($170.50) is due at that time (The other half is due sometime in July). After that point I can’t promise a spot although the past we have been able to accept later reservations – it just depends on how they fill up. At this point we have a bunch of pre-registrations for those who have attended before, so don't wait.

A fresh water truck and pump out service is available, however there are no elec hookups. Generators are ok and solar works great.

This is the perfect family rally so bring the parents, grandparents, kids, pets and lets have a great time at this VERY popular and NOT TO MISS event! Don’t forget your camera!

Refund policy - the balloon fiesta folks have a strict policy of no refunds after September 1st. I also can’t promise full refunds up to that point – their policy is a $10 charge until July 15th and from July 15 – Aug 31st there is a 50% charge. We work well with the balloon fiesta folks and they have never charged us for refunds up to Sept 1st – after Sept 1st we know we can’t refund any money.

Attached is the sign up sheet – and please please write your e-mail clearly so I can read it because that’s how we will communicate with you and let you know whats going on prior to the fiesta – you will receive several updates as we get closer to Balloon Fiesta!

Four Corners Unit
C/O Ken Johansen
P.O. Box 1554
Tijeras, NM87059

Ask anyone who has attended this great event before and they will tell you that you just cannot describe it – you just have to be there.

See you at Balloon Fiesta!

Ken J
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AlbqBallonRallyCoupon1.pdf (851.9 KB, 327 views)
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Old 03-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

a , wanderer
We've been waiting and checking daily for registration to open. Now I have to wait a few hours for the post office to open to mail in the registration. And we can't wait for the rally to start.
This looks to be a ton of fun.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:19 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Ken, we attended in 2010. Will the Airstream group parking be at the far north end of the VIP WEST parking area, like it was in 2010?
Old 03-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Yes - we have the same spot each year - we are south of the balloon field - east of the diversion channel - - - - - - - - North of Almeda and west of the museum............. :-) :-) :-)

Kyle - you will have a blast

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 03-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1985 25' Sovereign
South Central Rockies... , "...'Stream'n the Dream" thru the USA
Smile Form and Check coming to you via Snail Mail from UAE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
Yes - we have the same spot each year - we are south of the balloon field - east of the diversion channel - - - - - - - - North of Almeda and west of the museum............. :-) :-) :-)

Kyle - you will have a blast

Ken J.
Hi KEN!

I sent our scanned form and check to your listed Email address. The form will be mailed from Abu Dhabi tomorrow - it may take awhile!

Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the crew in ABQ this OCT!

Keep 'stream'in the dream!

Thanks!

WBCCI: 2197; AIR #: 36503; TAC #: NM-5

Old 03-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Thumbs up

hi from GA. . . Boy this is gonna be a BIG year. Just found out we're moving to AZ in the next 4 months, AND the balloon Fest. We are all around excited. Thanks Ken, check is headed to P.O. today., regards, Craig
Old 03-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
I went to the post office yesterday and boy do I have a stack of checks - have not had a chance to open them all - we are also doing a Restoration Rally in June so I know there are a lot of sign ups for that also........

Please be patient with me on confirming reservations - I'm out of town next week and work has me very busy......

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 03-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
My check is not only in the mail, it should be at your place by now. This will be our fourth Balloon Fiesta and we are excited to attend once again.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1998 25' Safari
Guelph , Ontario
Where do I find a registration form? Would love to attend. Thanks, Sharleen & Gord
Old 03-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharleen View Post
Where do I find a registration form? Would love to attend. Thanks, Sharleen & Gord
See post #1..download the attachment.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 03-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1998 25' Safari
Guelph , Ontario
Tried that first but no luck - just get error message "Could not find port of the path 'c:\Users\Sharleen\AppData\Roaming\PC Health Doc PDF Reader\recentfiles.bin'.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharleen View Post
Tried that first but no luck - just get error message "Could not find port of the path 'c:\Users\Sharleen\AppData\Roaming\PC Health Doc PDF Reader\recentfiles.bin'.
Sharleen...if you want to PM me with your email address I can email it to you...TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 03-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
We sent the check a couple of days ago. It was a lot of fun last year (our first) and we expect more of the same. 150 Airstreams? A small city with all the houses looking pretty much the same from a distance.

Gene
Old 03-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Hmmm I don't know why the attachement did not open for you Sharleen - I just tried it and it worked - anyway, let us know if you need anything else and we are very glad you are joining us - it will be great time.....

As I was thinking about this, its more than just the Balloon Fiesta - as we used to say back in the 60's - its a happening - all of us Airstream folks just really have a great time - and yes it is a small city as Gene says - and its really exciting to me to see how quick it comes together each year and said when everyone leaves when its over...........

Ken J
Rally
restoration rally
Old 03-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #15

1963 22' Safari
Escondido , California
I have a 63 safari no grey tank is this a problem at balloon fest
Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvervilla View Post
I have a 63 safari no grey tank is this a problem at balloon fest
You will need a portable tank for your grey water. There are no showers and there is no dumping of grey water on the ground. There is a pump out service provided and the cost last year was $25 per pump.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
Old 03-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
There are a number of us without gray tanks - so as Richard correctly states, need to have some way to capture it.......... I think some have just taken their tanks to the car wash thats close by - I would not pay the money to have such a small amount disposed of .........

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 03-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
We used our blue tank last year at Balloon Fiesta. It worked ... only ok, as I tried to use a standard garden hose connection to lead from the rig to blue tank. I think next time around I'll try to devise something different by using a full-size sewer hose along with fittings. The essential problem is that there is practically no drop whatsoever from the sewer fitting on our 67 rig to the top of the blue tank.

Lynn
Old 03-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
2021 Atlas
Omaha , Nebraska
We attended this last year and Ken and his crew really know how do this right. It was one of the really fun trips we've taken and the Balloon Fiesta is a spectacular event. I have a conflict I'm trying to resolve and if I'm not able to make it this year, we'll definitely be back Ken. Thanks for doing this again!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
So - I guess the balloon folks did not believe we would generate 150 units this year - and the demand for sites is incredible, so when I checked with them, they have given us 105 sites - this will fill up fast - I have not opened all the mail I have received as of yet - but I know we are close - so once we hit that number, we will be on a waiting list - I know we can get more than the 105, but cannot promise that. So what I will do is go by postmark date - once we reach the 105, we will have to put the rest on a waiting list....

In past years, they have not been full, this year they are....

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Closed Thread