Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #201
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
When off the grid, the refrigerator and water heater have their major source of energy from propane, along with the three burner cooktop and the gas oven if installed. The two appliance have a small 12Vdc parasite power draw for the electronics along with the CO detector with it's night light LED (since it on all the time). When the thermostat is turned on, it draws a small amount of 12Vdc power all the time. So all that is is small potatoes to when the furnace does it's job. That blower is both fairly loud and a major 12Vdc power consumer. There are electronics that start the flame and safety circuits to ensure the fan is running before the flame starts and serve as a flame kill switch if the fan quits with the flame operating.

If one has an inverter installed and turned on, it draws power inverting even with no AC power being consumed.

If the trailer lacks LED lights, then there is considerably more power draw with the 12Vdc lighting. Non LEDs spend their "on" time generating more heat than light, just touch the fixture after the bulb has been on awhile.

A few weeks ago, I did a complete LED light conversion in our Classic through LED4RV of all the fixtures. In three of the ceiling fixtures we put in double LED strips with a special switch to energize two or four LED strips as required.

I think even a 1,000 watt generator could adequately top up the batteries, but lack the power to run the factory installed AC appliances.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #202
1 Rivet Member

2013 30' International
Anacortes , Washington
Gerry & Judy from Anacortes Wa. Unit 121 BC will be going from the balloon festival to the Sun Valley Jazz festival . Anyone else doing that? It would be fun to do a tag along.
antsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #203
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by antsy3 View Post
Gerry & Judy from Anacortes Wa. Unit 121 BC will be going from the balloon festival to the Sun Valley Jazz festival . Anyone else doing that? It would be fun to do a tag along.
Good to hear others from a Canadian Unit will be heading south. We are out of Sask and will be heading down to the balloon festival but not on to the Sun Vally event. with luck our paths will cross...

Cheers
Doug
Old 08-22-2014, 09:07 PM   #204
1 Rivet Member

2010 16' Sport
Port St. Lucie , Florida
Portable waste tank

I just got the email with details about Balloon Fiesta and we're getting excited!

Question: do we need a portable waste tank? I know that there will be dump trucks but I'm not sure how the waste gets from our tank to the dump truck?

Good thing we'll be meeting at Camping World ahead of time in case we need any last minute accoutrements.
GoneGlamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:21 PM   #205
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneGlamping View Post
I just got the email with details about Balloon Fiesta and we're getting excited!

Question: do we need a portable waste tank? I know that there will be dump trucks but I'm not sure how the waste gets from our tank to the dump truck?

Good thing we'll be meeting at Camping World ahead of time in case we need any last minute accoutrements.
Yes I'm in the same boat - my list of stuff I want to buy at Camping World just keeps getting longer and longer. We are camping at Enchanted Trails for a couple days before the balloon Feista and that's is right next door. Holy cow I will need to leave retirement and get a job by the time I'm done....lol

As for the dump truck. I'm sure they are talking about a vacuum truck. So the truck will have the ability to hook right on to your dump pipe and "vacuum" your black and grey tank.

Cheers
Doug
Old 08-22-2014, 09:40 PM   #206
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Yes it is a pump out truck - so it hooks up to your drain valve and pumps your tank
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #207
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
Yes it is a pump out truck - so it hooks up to your drain valve and pumps your tank
Just hope they never forget to switch the truck it from blow to suck like happened once at the international rally at Springfield. The result was not pretty!
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:05 PM   #208
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
salem , Oregon
Is there any advantage in having bicycles at the Balloon Rally as far as getting around at the Balloon Fiesta grounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
cptfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #209
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Findlay , OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptfish View Post
Is there any advantage in having bicycles at the Balloon Rally as far as getting around at the Balloon Fiesta grounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

From my perspective, bicycles would not provide any advantage and would likely be a hindrance. Balloon Fiesta isn't really a place to utilize a bicycle. However, along the Bosque (drive to the Bosque in your truck with your bikes) is a nice dedicated walking/running/bicycle path. If my memory serves me correctly, the path is about 22 miles in length. It is smooth blacktop and some cement. Elevation change is a mere +/-20 feet, so it is basically level. This is the place to bicycle! Bosque access with ample parking is near Balloon Fiesta Park.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
PurdueMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:59 PM   #210
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Whoa - yes bikes are not allowed on the fiesta field - too many balloons to run over + with the 800,000 people that attend this event each year you would not get very far - however .... The bike path comes right to our front door and goes all over Albuquerque - even the Bosque - in fact we have our own Balloon Fiesta bike ride that leaves our site - plus you can ride all over the rally field and check out all the 400 nice folks with their 200 Airstreams ! Sooooo bring the bikes !!
Rally
restoration rally
Old 08-25-2014, 11:27 PM   #211
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Any idea if there is space left for the rally? Would love to come from Houston and timing fits our daughters fall break.

RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #212
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Maybe..... we do get cancellations and we have a few who have not paid their second deposit - those who do not pay by 9/1 will loose their spot - best thing to do is send in the registration form (PM me if you need one) and we will not cash your check if we don't have a spot

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 08-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #213
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
Maybe..... we do get cancellations and we have a few who have not paid their second deposit - those who do not pay by 9/1 will loose their spot - best thing to do is send in the registration form (PM me if you need one) and we will not cash your check if we don't have a spot

Ken J.

Will do. Can you send me a form? I tried the email last night and it wanted me to sign up for a Microsoft account.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:12 PM   #214
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
I would be glad to if only I knew who you were - send me an e-mail at balloonfiestarally@hotmail.com - you can also see post #1 of this thread for info

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 09-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #215
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Rich Hog Houston

Hope you got my registration and check in the mail by now.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #216
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Ken, did you get our second half of the rally fee? Don't know whether you acknowledge receipt of or send physical receipts or what? Just want to make sure we don't lose our space!

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #217
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
I send emails for all payments and waiting list - so if you have not received it's either not received or in your spam bucket - I am up to date with all confirmations as of last Friday - I have also emailed those whom I've not received second payments from and as of today those folks are dropped from the event - I've also sent out a couple of updates as well as a flyer with our own special shirt with our own very cool logo - so check spam and if it's not there please PM me - it's very important you all get these emails
Rally
restoration rally
Old 09-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #218
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Registration Richhog

Hi Ken,

I just forwarded you the email I sent you on 8/28 with a copy of my registration and check confirming they were mailed to you. There is no email from you in my
spam or inbox. Please give me an update on status. Thanks Richard
Old 09-01-2014, 09:14 PM   #219
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
If you have not received a confirmation from me it means I have not received yet - I pick up mail from the PO box once per week - generally Thursdays - since you mailed it on Thurs i don't think I would have received it the same day - that said I'm sure it will be there by the time I pick up - this week is a very busy workweek for me - so prob won't get to the PO box till the weekend - not to worry I go by postmark date and I will confirm receipt. If you have not received anything from me by mid week next week - please let me know

Ken J
Rally
restoration rally
Old 09-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #220
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Thanks Ken, I can't imagine the scale of work involved in a rally with 2000 trailers and their owners.