Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #141
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Thanks. Just made a reservation @ Enchanted Trails. $51 for a full hook up site. Their website says $32 but they raise the rates for Balloon Fiesta.
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:44 PM   #142
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdstuff View Post
Thanks. Just made a reservation @ Enchanted Trails. $51 for a full hook up site. Their website says $32 but they raise the rates for Balloon Fiesta.
Did you reserve for just October 03? We are thinking of doing the same

Edit - Just called and also made a reservation but for October 02 and 03 (full hookups) Quoted 48.95 per night

TKS
Doug
Old 05-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #143
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfox View Post
Did you reserve for just October 03? We are thinking of doing the same

Edit - Just called and also made a reservation but for October 02 and 03 (full hookups) Quoted 48.95 per night

TKS
Doug
We reserved for Thursday night October 2. The rally begins on Friday the 3rd, so double check that! And yes, it was $48.95 plus tax.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:55 PM   #144
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Yes - Enchanted Trails is where we reserve a block of sites each year for those needing a place to camp the night before - you will have lots of Airstream company !
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #145
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Quote:
We reserved for Thursday night October 2. The rally begins on Friday the 3rd, so double check that! And yes, it was $48.95 plus tax.
Okay it official - I'm totally screwed up! I read in an earlier post (page#1) from Ken saying the rally is October 04 - 07 I just assumed with the rally starting on the 4th that we would be moving into the grounds that morning. Hence I made the reservation at Enchanted Trails for the 2nd and 3rd. Will now need to call them back and change my reservation to the 1st and 2nd. Thanks for the heads-up! Sure hope others are not making the same mistake.

Cheers
Doug
Old 05-30-2014, 05:21 PM   #146
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Sorry about that - the reservation form has the schedule on it - we will move on to the field Friday morning between 9 and noon....... you will be amazed how we get 200 Airstreams set up and parked in less than 3 hours We do send out all kinds of info late summer to explain all this

Ken
Rally
restoration rally
Old 05-30-2014, 05:45 PM   #147
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
TKS Ken!

I got my reservations changed at Enchanted Trails so i'm good to go!

Cheers
Doug
Old 05-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #148
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
Yes - Enchanted Trails is where we reserve a block of sites each year for those needing a place to camp the night before - you will have lots of Airstream company !
Should I call them back and tell them to put me with the "airstream block?" Or maybe that block hasn't even been reserved yet..???
Old 05-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #149
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Quote:
Should I call them back and tell them to put me with the "airstream block?" Or maybe that block hasn't even been reserved yet..???
I'm wondering the same? Mind you, I think they already think I'm nuts with the amount of times I called them today.....
Old 05-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #150
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Across I-40 from Camping World is another RV park, American RV which is charging $33.41 with FH.

2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #151
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
We stayed at American which is very nice and clean w a laundry and a break room w continental breakfast. there were many Airstreams there too.

We showered in our Airstream every nice. Navy showers..no problems at all. There is a multi stall bathroom trailer on the grounds w very nice facilities behind the vendors tents.

Ken does a great job putting this together and be assured all your questions will have answers. This group gets the best location on the grounds for the event. Ken is right, they do a fabulous job moving 200 rigs into the event area. We were all moved and set up very quickly; it is very well organized. We were sad when it ended last year and definitely will go again.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:27 AM   #152
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
No need to call ET - we do not get any sort of special rate - ET takes incredible care of us and do everything they can to accommodate us - during Balloon Fiesta and other times as well - so even if there rate is a little higher than across the street - which is actually across the freeway - we encourage everyone to stay there - not to mention we have many in this event already staying there so you will have lots of Airstream company

Ken J
Rally
restoration rally
Old 06-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #153
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Quote:
Vivian, You were the only interested party, so I kind of scrapped the idea. Either everyone else thought it was beyond dumb, or, perhaps nobody else has the talent that you and I obviously possess. LOL Remember, I'm playing at like a 6th grade level.

I did look up the sheet music for Up Up and Away, and it's not super easy. So, if this is going to happen, we need to find an easier song.

Anybody got any song ideas? Anybody else bringing a band instrument? If not, then don't complain when you have to listen to a bassoon and a flute play Mary Had A Little Lamb for hours on end. (OK, I'm a wee bit more advanced than that)!!!
Hi Weirdstuff--sounds like a pretty good band: flute (high), clarinet (middle--my husband), and bassoon (low). What more do we need?!

I can bring music for a clarinet-bassoon duet by Beethoven; in previous performances, whoever of us finishes first is the winner--husband usually wins--but we could make it a three-way race if you can transpose on the fly! I'm not sure though that any attendees would rather hear us laughing like idiots over mangled Beethoven rather than Mary Had a Little Lamb ad infinitum....

And bassoon and flute go very well together, kind of exotic and Eastern-sounding, don't they start "Bacchanale" (sp?) from "Samson and Delilah"?

We're on the wait list but making plans and hoping like crazy.

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #154
Rivet Master

1982 34' Limited
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Send a message via Skype™ to Jenniflow
I'm sorry to say that it looks like we won't be attending after all. The good news is that someone can take our place!

Do I need to do anything more official than this to withdraw and request a refund?

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #155
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
Hi Weirdstuff--sounds like a pretty good band: flute (high), clarinet (middle--my husband), and bassoon (low). What more do we need?!

I can bring music for a clarinet-bassoon duet by Beethoven; in previous performances, whoever of us finishes first is the winner--husband usually wins--but we could make it a three-way race if you can transpose on the fly! I'm not sure though that any attendees would rather hear us laughing like idiots over mangled Beethoven rather than Mary Had a Little Lamb ad infinitum....

And bassoon and flute go very well together, kind of exotic and Eastern-sounding, don't they start "Bacchanale" (sp?) from "Samson and Delilah"?

We're on the wait list but making plans and hoping like crazy.

Vivian
Hilarious!!!!! OK. I'll bring the flute. I can not transpose on the fly. No way!! Give me the name of the tune, I'll look it up and let you know if I can do it.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #156
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Jenniflow - yes you need to email your cancellation to balloonfiestarally@hotmail.com
Rally
restoration rally
Old 06-05-2014, 05:48 PM   #157
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
salem , Oregon
We made our reservations at American RV park for two Oregon trailers before this topic was discussed. They gave a good rate since the price does not go up until Friday!
cptfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #158
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Not sure why you would stay across the interstate when Vickie at Enchanted Trails has a block of sites for us and and I think her rates are a little less and you will have lots and lots of Airstream company
Rally
restoration rally
Old 06-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #159
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
salem , Oregon
We made reservations in January and no info was available about where to stay except near camping world. Sounds like American will be a nice place for one night and we will have other trailers there too but maybe not as many as at ET. Looking forward to an awesome time and appreciate all your work so much!
cptfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #160
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
American is a very nice campground...you will be happy there...easy access to join all at Camping World which is just a couple minutes over the bridge!