Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #81
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
John,

Looking forward to meeting you.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
I'll be there with the Texas Highland Lakes caravan of 25 rigs. Just got the first draft of the driver's manual for the caravan by email. This will be a first time for me at the Balloon Fiesta.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #82
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
I'll be there with the Texas Highland Lakes caravan of 25 rigs. Just got the first draft of the driver's manual for the caravan by email. This will be a first time for me at the Balloon Fiesta.
Hi John - Just read a little about your caravan... Sound like a good one! Have a great trip and with luck Sharon and I will have the opportunity to meet a few of you folks at the Balloon fest.
Cheers
Doug
Old 04-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Gosh I may have to dust off my guitar and join y'all !
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #84
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
Gosh I may have to dust off my guitar and join y'all !
Yep!!

I might bring my flute with me too. Doesn't take up much space, so... why not?! I play at about a 6th or 7th grade level. I've been thinking that it could be great fun to have a get together of people with their old band instruments.

I tried to talk my old-time musician friends into doing this, with no luck. Lots of them played band instruments as kids, but none of them were interested in revisiting that world.

Anyone here game? Bring along your clarinet, tuba, bassoon??!!!!!! We could pick an easy song to learn, and play for a "kick-off" to the Balloon Fiesta.

And yes, I am serious.
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #85
Rivet Master

1982 34' Limited
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Send a message via Skype™ to Jenniflow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
In 2012, both AT&T and VZW (my personal and work devices, respectively) were well-covered at the fiesta grounds and around Albuquerque. LTE with Verizon, I don't remember if AT&T was LTE or faux-G at the time, but I'd expect it to be LTE by now. Of course, when the crowds come for the balloon launches and such, there is contention for RF bandwidth and performance takes a hit, but at those times you should be watching the balloons anyway.

Thanks DKB_SATX, that will put some minds at ease. :-)
Old 04-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #86
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdstuff View Post
Yep!!

I might bring my flute with me too. Doesn't take up much space, so... why not?! I play at about a 6th or 7th grade level. I've been thinking that it could be great fun to have a get together of people with their old band instruments.

I tried to talk my old-time musician friends into doing this, with no luck. Lots of them played band instruments as kids, but none of them were interested in revisiting that world.

Anyone here game? Bring along your clarinet, tuba, bassoon??!!!!!! We could pick an easy song to learn, and play for a "kick-off" to the Balloon Fiesta.

And yes, I am serious.
Weirdstuff,

I'm sure you are smarting off about the bassoon, but I AM a bassoonist and my husband plays clarinet--probably can't make the balloon fiesta this year, but maybe 2015? I would love to get to the fiesta--be sure you drum up (so to speak) a bass clef part for me for next year, unless you guys are so bad without us that you get run out of the grounds!

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #87
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Vivian!!! I never even imagined I'd find a bassoonist here! LOL!! A rare bird, you are, indeed!! I love it! Now, just need a tuba-ist to step forward!!

If I pull this little band project together, I'll be sure to report on it. And then, next year, for sure. Unless, like you said, we get run off the grounds and told to never return!

Who else is going to join me?

P.S. Vivian, I also was picking a couple of the largest instruments to pick on, 'cause truly, I want to see someone fit those in their Airstreams!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #88
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Quote:
Vivian!!! I never even imagined I'd find a bassoonist here! LOL!! A rare bird, you are, indeed!! I love it! Now, just need a tuba-ist to step forward!!

If I pull this little band project together, I'll be sure to report on it. And then, next year, for sure. Unless, like you said, we get run off the grounds and told to never return!

P.S. Vivian, I also was picking a couple of the largest instruments to pick on, 'cause truly, I want to see someone fit those in their Airstreams!
Yes, we are not thick upon the ground, although probably there are more tuba-ists than bassoonists: just think of that line-up of shiny, flashing tuba bells in any marching band! But my Beast takes up very little room and we have a 34'. Besides, my husband swears he doesn't mind sharing his twin bed with it!

Hope to join you next year! (Ken, sorry for the highjack!)

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:04 AM   #89
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
1948 22' Liner
1963 22' Safari
Oakland , Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to MsRivet
Quote:

Count me in Weirdstuff!!! Just pick that 'easy' song soon. I'll need all the practice I can get on the new uke. Also don't forget those jello shots for the gawkers. We need to sound the best we can be for them.

Best~
MsRivet
MsRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #90
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRivet View Post
Count me in Weirdstuff!!! Just pick that 'easy' song soon. I'll need all the practice I can get on the new uke. Also don't forget those jello shots for the gawkers. We need to sound the best we can be for them.

Best~
MsRivet
MsRivet...I was talking about picking a song for the BAND instruments. However, I see that nobody else has come forward yet to partake. So, we'll see if that goes down or not.

Maybe we should pick a song though. What's an appropriate balloon song (NOT Up Up and Away)?

On your uke, learn some basic chords, and you'll be good to go. G,C,D,F, E will get you a long way to start! Also, find a chord chart and keep it in your uke case.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #91
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Oh up up and away is a given - lol
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #92
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
Oh up up and away is a given - lol
OK. If we must.

I'll find sheet music and lyrics on line and then post a link here.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #93
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Here's the tune, by The Fifth Dimension, on You Tube:
ttps://
Old 04-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #94
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
and here's the sheet music. uh-oh. it's complicated.

Musicnotes.com: Unsupported Browser or Operating System
Old 04-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #95
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2005 19' Safari
2005 19' Safari
new iberia , Louisiana
Hi Ken,
Just mailed my application for the balloon rally hope we're not to late. We went in 2012 and had a great time so we are hoping to do it again.
stream lady
stream lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:50 PM   #96
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Sent application a weeks or so back and just received confirmation. Really stoked about attending. Have been wanting to see this festival for a few years. I'll be bring some of Kentucky's finest Bourbon.
tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:19 PM   #97
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
Sent application a weeks or so back and just received confirmation. Really stoked about attending. Have been wanting to see this festival for a few years. I'll be bring some of Kentucky's finest Bourbon.
tsunami...Bourbon will go great with the jello shooters that I'm planning to bring!
Old 04-23-2014, 05:26 AM   #98
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Bourbon pretty much goes with everything! Fish, chicken, steak, chips, brownies...
tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #99

1977 31' Sovereign
Cheltenham , Victoria, Australia
Excited!

So I think this thread will have just changed our lives... We (my wife and I and our 6mth old daughter) are from Australia (please don't hold that against us) and have just purchased a 77 31' Airstream from Oregon and after doing a little late night google'ing, came across this thread.

We have now booked our trip from Australia to pick up our Airstream and do a bit of a road trip ending up at this great event! So we will be newbie Airstreamers and first time attendees at this event... Words cannot explain how excited we are and looking forward to meeting you all!!!

Darren, Sam and Grace.
Newbie Aussie Airstreamers...
dpelacchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #100
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Darren, Sam, Grace...

WELCOME!!! Very excited that you'll be joining us!! This will be our first rally as well. It looks like it's gonna be a great time!