Old 09-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #225
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
It's best to contact the balloon fiesta folks directly - I don't have their info handy but if you google Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta you will find their website - there are two areas to park -'one is across the street and not as nice as where we are which up close and personal with the balloons

Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:35 PM   #226
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Fireworks are Sat and Sun nights and they are some of the most spectacular you will ever see

Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:03 AM   #227
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Lexington , Oklahoma
Thanks Ken. Sounds like a great experience! I'll contact them tomorrow.

-Wes-
Old 09-08-2014, 08:50 AM   #228
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
Puppies are certainly most welcome - however maybe Richard G will reply - they have two puppies they board in Albuquerque I think more because of the fireworks noise - they are welcome in our rally field but are not allowed on the balloon field
Because of the passing of our beloved Smokie, we will only have Gracie with us this year. She will be at her normal digs in Albuquerque, camp bow wow. We board her for several reasons and it works well for us.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #229
1 Rivet Member

2010 16' Sport
Port St. Lucie , Florida
We're working on planning the last leg of our trip, after ABQ, and wanted to know what time we head out on Tuesday? How is that orchestrated? - caravan out together or done on your own schedule? Thanks!
Old 09-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #230
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Funny that you posted this. My wife and I have been sitting in front of the computer most of the afternoon planning our exit leg also. Your questions are valid to us also....

We will be heading west and have been looking at possibly staying in Williams AZ for a couple days as that is the location of the Grand Canon Train. Then on to Las Vegas for the weekend before putting our trailer into storage for a couple months and heading back to Canada.

Cheers
Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneGlamping View Post
We're working on planning the last leg of our trip, after ABQ, and wanted to know what time we head out on Tuesday? How is that orchestrated? - caravan out together or done on your own schedule? Thanks!
Old 09-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #231
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
Nothing to orchestrate...everyone leaves when they are ready. Some leave early, some later, everyone on their own schedule. No problems what so ever leaving whenever you want. You just pack up and go. However, it is sad to leave such a wonderful event...
Old 09-10-2014, 11:45 PM   #232
3 Rivet Member

2003 28' Classic
1981 28' Airstream 280
Olympia , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to BusDriver
Richard and Jan, so sorry to hear about Smokie, we also lost our Buddy a month ago to cancer.
Looking forward to seeing you at Albuquerque.
Joe and Nancy Conrad
Check out our Travel Blog
buddytravels.blogspot.com Streamin with Joe and Buddy
BusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #233
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
We are excited to report that we got in! Now we are anxiously awaiting the email with details so we can kick our prep into high gear! We are new to AS and this will be our first rally. We are super excited to meet and hang out with fellow Airstreamers. This will be a quick trip from Texas for us as we will have to scurry back to make opening day for hockey!
Old 09-11-2014, 09:30 AM   #234
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Congrat's and welcome aboard! With luck our paths will cross once in ALBQE. This is our first rally also and we're not sure how these things work, but I'm sure Ken and the team will point us new folks in the right direction.

As a Canadian, I really need to ask how you have an "Opening Day" for Hockey in Texas.....lol sorry could not resist.

By the way we followed your blog posting on your trip this summer and they were great

Cheers
Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlabs View Post
We are excited to report that we got in! Now we are anxiously awaiting the email with details so we can kick our prep into high gear! We are new to AS and this will be our first rally. We are super excited to meet and hang out with fellow Airstreamers. This will be a quick trip from Texas for us as we will have to scurry back to make opening day for hockey!
Old 09-11-2014, 11:22 AM   #235
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1975 Argosy 20
new iberia , Louisiana
Sure a lot of great post this week and good ideals on where to go after the rally, we had plans to go on to Calif. but that fail through. I didn't know about the train in Williams Az. so that is a possibility. This will be our second time to the Balloon rally and looking forward to it again. Hope to do more this time around.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:30 PM   #236
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
No Gators

well the guy I share our Airstream with has said NO GATORS, so thanks but No Thanks to the kind couple from Florida but please don't call "the Guy" I DO NOT want any creatures from the swamp LOL
Don't have any great tips to share, just wanted to say I am looking forward to seeing ya'all in such a awesome setting!
This is going to be great!
We are bringing our bikes,thanks for the info about where we can ride them.
Dennis and Mary I can not wait to meet up with you at that Lake, somewhere in far north Texas ! our first night on the road will be a good one
Old 09-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #237
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
@Articfox, you gave me a start with the terminology thing. Asked the hubs what I should have called it since he is the real fan and he, being a native Texan, had no good answer. So, I googled it and got nothin'! So, what DO you call opening day in hockey? I was so excited when I got to explain loonies and toonies to a fellow RVer! If there is something I will sound so official because down here, we sound Canadian if we know a tuque! (And that's just because Darryl Ray is the announcer)

But, seriously, I hope I get to meet you in ABQ!
Old 09-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #238
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
LOL - there is nothing better than a Texan trying to figure a hockey term!....lol
We call the opening game for a hockey team the "Season Opener". So in your case the Dallas Stars will have a "Season opener" of XYZ Day!

If I'm not mistaken, the term "Opening Day" is a baseball term. Mind you I might be wrong.

Anyway - Yes with luck our paths will cross in Abq. We will be the people with the Silver Trailer, Ford Truck and a dog....
We are booked in Enchanted Trailer RV Park starting October 01. So if your in the same park or in the area come look us up....

Cheers
Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlabs View Post
@Articfox, you gave me a start with the terminology thing. Asked the hubs what I should have called it since he is the real fan and he, being a native Texan, had no good answer. So, I googled it and got nothin'! So, what DO you call opening day in hockey? I was so excited when I got to explain loonies and toonies to a fellow RVer! If there is something I will sound so official because down here, we sound Canadian if we know a tuque! (And that's just because Darryl Ray is the announcer)

But, seriously, I hope I get to meet you in ABQ!