Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2014, 07:37 AM   #181
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 26
brooksville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRivet View Post
WOW! The time is approaching fast ... 78 days left until the start of the ABQ Balloon Fiesta. My husband and I will be departing in early September to begin heading that way. It will all be a part of an amazing six week Epic Adventure from Florida for us. Since we will be landing in ABQ just a few days early does anyone have suggestions for the following:

Best Places to Eat
Things to go see
Little Known Spots
Best Pubs
Hiking Adventures
Museums
Tours

Also if anyone needs anything from Florida ... let us know! I can bring sunshine definitely! But no HEAT or HUMIDITY!!! It's only July and we are already over the weather here.

We enjoyed a tour with the ABQ Trolley tours! We also had a great meal at El Pinto and Little Anita's.
sleepybear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #182
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
what to do in ABQ?

Quote:
WOW! The time is approaching fast ... 78 days left until the start of the ABQ Balloon Fiesta. My husband and I will be departing in early September to begin heading that way. It will all be a part of an amazing six week Epic Adventure from Florida for us. Since we will be landing in ABQ just a few days early does anyone have suggestions for the following:

Best Places to Eat
Things to go see
Little Known Spots
Best Pubs
Hiking Adventures
Museums
Tours

Also if anyone needs anything from Florida ... let us know! I can bring sunshine definitely! But no HEAT or HUMIDITY!!! It's only July and we are already over the weather here.
yes could you please bring me a small pet Alligator and one of those Hula Girl lamps made out of sea shells?...okay just kidding,
It is hard to believe it is time to get ready to go to ABQ,
the place I like best there is the Sandia Peak Tram Ride to the top of the mountain, there is a nice place to have a drink and something to eat at the top of the mountain, the view is great, it's usually very cold up there remember to bring gloves and a hat
CatStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:26 AM   #183
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
1948 22' Liner
1963 22' Safari
Oakland , Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to MsRivet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStream View Post
yes could you please bring me a small pet Alligator and one of those Hula Girl lamps made out of sea shells?...okay just kidding,
It is hard to believe it is time to get ready to go to ABQ,
the place I like best there is the Sandia Peak Tram Ride to the top of the mountain, there is a nice place to have a drink and something to eat at the top of the mountain, the view is great, it's usually very cold up there remember to bring gloves and a hat
CatStream . . .

Small pet Alligator - Lets just say 'I know a guy'. His name will remain undisclosed. He may or may not be related to me. You may or may not recognize him. Just concerned about it's (gator's) safety in the A/S shower over the course of traveling from Florida the three weeks prior to our arrival in ABQ.

Hula Girl lamps made out of sea shells - I'm sure I can hook you up! Florida is know for all the tacky stuff around here. Now I have an excuse to go thrifting!!

Stay tuned . . .
MsRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #184
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Quote:
CatStream . . .

Small pet Alligator - Lets just say 'I know a guy'. His name will remain undisclosed. He may or may not be related to me. You may or may not recognize him. Just concerned about it's (gator's) safety in the A/S shower over the course of traveling from Florida the three weeks prior to our arrival in ABQ.

Stay tuned . . .

Hmmm... Is this the same guy that runs from snakes? (Or just one copperhead in particular.)

Ms. Rivet, maybe you need to borrow my bathtub for the gator's safe transportation.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #185
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
1948 22' Liner
1963 22' Safari
Oakland , Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to MsRivet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday'59 View Post
Hmmm... Is this the same guy that runs from snakes? (Or just one copperhead in particular.)

Ms. Rivet, maybe you need to borrow my bathtub for the gator's safe transportation.
Goodness ... almost forgot about that incident in Georgia. Thankful we all survived.

Nope. 'I know a guy' is not the same guy that runs from snakes. I'll let you know if bathtub rental is needed. 'I know a guy' lives closer to the FL Everglades. The girls would love him.

Can't wait to see you all again. And in ABQ who would have thought!!! I just finished Walbernizing the A/S this morning one more item to check off the Get'n Ready List. Now for those Hula Girl lamps made out of sea shells, a hat & some gloves. The last two items run scarce in Florida.
MsRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #186
3 Rivet Member

2003 28' Classic
1981 28' Airstream 280
Olympia , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to BusDriver
Ken J

We got in to the Enchanted Hills, Arrive 10/1, Depart 10/3.
So, is there some sort of order we leave in to mover over to the field?
Or is it just go and get in line?
Check out our Travel Blog
buddytravels.blogspot.com Streamin with Joe and Buddy
BusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #187
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
We will be providing lots of info as we get closer - we are in the process of making arrangements - however what is typical is we meet at camping world on Friday morning - do not go to the fiesta field as they will not let you in - stay tuned
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:24 AM   #188
3 Rivet Member

2003 28' Classic
1981 28' Airstream 280
Olympia , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to BusDriver
thank you
Check out our Travel Blog
buddytravels.blogspot.com Streamin with Joe and Buddy
BusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #189
Zia
3 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB International
2007 20' Safari
Irvine , California
Folks,
We have safely reached the Alaska US border on Alcan Hwy. We are staying at Beaver Creek campground tonight will cross the border tomorrow. Part of the Alcan was a challenge 20 mph.
Anxiously waiting for the e-mail from Ken also checking my bank account hoping the check is cleared.
See you all at the Fiesta
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #190
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Ken,

I'm sure I should know this, but what are the amenities available while we are parked? As in: electricity? Water? Hookup or pump-outs?

Thanks!

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #191
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
None - it's dry camping - there will be water and pump out trucks around should you need them - just make sure you get the right one for your needs
Rally
restoration rally
Old 08-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #192
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
None - it's dry camping - there will be water and pump out trucks around should you need them - just make sure you get the right one for your needs
That Ken - he's a funny guy.....lol
But thinking about it - that would really be the shits if you picked the wrong truck - sheesh!

So I'm assuming most people are using generators or solar panels? i'm about to spend a ton of $$ on a generator just for this event, so I felt I better ask

Thanks

Doug
Old 08-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #193
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
Will trailers with generators and those with solar be in the same area?
Old 08-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #194
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Yup
Rally
restoration rally
Old 08-13-2014, 08:38 PM   #195
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
Yup
That Ken - He's such a talker. Just can't get him to stop talking....lol
Sorry Ken I could not resist....
Old 08-13-2014, 09:04 PM   #196
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Yupper - there are lots of folks with quiet generators - me included - and yes I bought a good one just for this event - there is sooooo much going on that you don't notice them - not to mention you won't be around your trailer much anyway - and..... with all going on and so many folks to visit with sleep is something you do after the fiesta - ask anyone who has attended before they will tell you how much fun this event is - that's why we easily fill this event with 200'Airstreams - it's totally cool !
Rally
restoration rally
Old 08-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #197
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
Not a problem....we have amazing ear plugs. It seems that most people have modern generators that burn efficiently. Air quality....my main concern.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #198
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Last year, the furnace ran at night and sucked hard on the two OEM batteries. We had a 150 watt solar panel poorly installed by the selling dealer and we needed to use one of our two 2,000 watt Honda generator sets to top up the battery during the day. Once or twice, just to see if it worked, we hooked them together. We could only ran the toaster if a generator was connected as the Airstream 600 watt inverter was a joke.

This year with the new trailer and 800 watts of solar panel on the roof, I expect the generators will stay in the truck, but I will take them just in case... We can create 2800 watts of pure sine wave AC current, if needed, from four Lifeline 6Vdc 300-amp hour batteries crating 12Vdc and 600 amp-hours of power.

So, yes, recharging the batteries is necessary, the means to accomplish that goal vary widely among the two hundred Airstream entries to the power your trailer event co-located with the Balloon Festival.

In considering generator size, a Microwave requires over 1,600 watts and the convection microwave is closer to 1,850 watts. The new 1,000 watt Airstream factory inverter can not power those devices. Thus two 2,000 watt or a 3,000 watt generator are necessary to power just that device without hairdryers or air conditioners etc running. Do thorough AC power requirements homework before purchase.

The Honda 2,000 watt units weight around 50 pounds, the Honda 3,000 watt 3000is model is closer to 134 pounds...... I can personally handle the two 2,000 watt units one at a time, but the day is past I want to tackle 134 pounds alone. BTW. the Honda 3000is is significantly quieter then the 3000i.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:05 PM   #199
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Last year, the furnace ran at night and sucked hard on the two OEM batteries. We had a 150 watt solar panel poorly installed by the selling dealer and we needed to use one of our two 2,000 watt Honda generator sets to top up the battery during the day. Once or twice, just to see if it worked, we hooked them together. We could only ran the toaster if a generator was connected as the Airstream 600 watt inverter was a joke.

This year with the new trailer and 800 watts of solar panel on the roof, I expect the generators will stay in the truck, but I will take them just in case... We can create 2800 watts of pure sine wave AC current, if needed, from four Lifeline 6Vdc 300-amp hour batteries crating 12Vdc and 600 amp-hours of power.

So, yes, recharging the batteries is necessary, the means to accomplish that goal vary widely among the two hundred Airstream entries to the power your trailer event co-located with the Balloon Festival.

In considering generator size, a Microwave requires over 1,600 watts and the convection microwave is closer to 1,850 watts. The new 1,000 watt Airstream factory inverter can not power those devices. Thus two 2,000 watt or a 3,000 watt generator are necessary to power just that device without hairdryers or air conditioners etc running. Do thorough AC power requirements homework before purchase.

The Honda 2,000 watt units weight around 50 pounds, the Honda 3,000 watt 3000is model is closer to 134 pounds...... I can personally handle the two 2,000 watt units one at a time, but the day is past I want to tackle 134 pounds alone. BTW. the Honda 3000is is significantly quieter then the 3000i.
Was that the fan in you gas heater that caused the high demand?

I'm hoping that our soon to be installed 325 watts of panels will support our 12 volt needs.....gas safety system, gas heater fan, fantastic fans, hood fan, LEDs, TV, radio, dvd etc. The 1000 watt factory inverter should charge laptops, phones, Nooks and camera batteries.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:21 AM   #200
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Wow wow wow - we have one little battery, blankets and a Olympic heater to take the slight off in the morning - and we run the generator only when we run the fan to cool off the Airstream and really don't need it for that
Rally
restoration rally