Old 04-06-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Airstreams in the Sand Rally

Help us build Airstream Sand Sculptures in Cannon Beach, OR. June 18-20. The Oregon Unit's Family Fun Buddy Rally is inviting you to join us. This is the 46th year for the Cannon Beach Sandcastle contest and this year I think it needs an Airstream Sand sculpture. Looking for ideas.

We are planning a lot of activities for both kids and kids at heart with games, Airstream tattoos(temporary) stories around the campfire, beach party on Saturday with a clambake.
We will be camping at the Cannon Beach RV Resort. This park has a swimming pool and spa, and is walking distance to the sandcastle contest.
Cost of the rally includes 2 nights at the CBRV Resort- Friday & Saturday dinner and Sunday Fathers Day Brunch $100.00 per trailer or Moho. Extra nights at the CBRV Resort is $41.00 per night
The Sandcastle contest registration is $20.00 per person which includes a t-shirt with the 2010 artwork. Children entering the sand flea sandcastle contest s $5.00.
The Oregon unit like the 4cu invites any and all AS folks as guests. We just go camping with friends, join if you want or not. We'll have a chair at the campfire waiting for you.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:37 AM   #2
I approve of this message

2006 28' International CCD
Redmond , Washington
This sounds like fun! What is the sign-up/registration process? Thanks!

Old 04-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
I'm so glad you guys are coming. Just PM me your address and I will send you the rally coupon. Send money and your in . You can call up the CBRV Resort and reserve extra days if you want for the group price. I will keep you in the same spot for the rally. Lilli and Aubrie will be so happy to see Olivia, they have been wanting to go camping with us to play with other campers(kids). I will keep you posted on details such as the sand sculptor, potluck. Be sure to bring your swimsuit for the indoor pool.

Membership chair

wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Old 06-26-2010, 11:08 PM   #4

1966 20' Globetrotter
1974 21' Globetrotter
Eugene , Oregon
Dear Blue Pearl:

We are new, and very proud owners, of a gutted (with the exception of the bathroom), 1966 Globetrotter. We bought it the day before Father's Day and missed your fantastic rally at Cannon Beach. It sounds like so much fun and we are disappointed that we barely missed it to say the least!

We cannot wait to see other Airstreams and meet the Oregon crew. Is there anything else coming up soon?

We also are looking for advice, words of wisdom, and encouragement regarding our GabbyGirl (the Globetrotter's name); so please feel free to post this reply to the Oregon Chapter...I can't figure out how to do that, just yet!

In addition, our dear GabbyGirl is still in Mount Vernon, WA because we do not have a tow vehicle as of yet (we are really new to this life...but passionate about it!). If you hear of a reliable but inexpensive tow vehicle, please let us know. We have about $1350 left to purchase it, so we can't afford much. I returned to school in midlife to become a psychologist and my husband had to retire early due to a medical issue; thus we are on a student budget as we start out on this new path. We would really like a Toyota Highlander; but don't think we'll find one anywhere even near that price...even salvage. We pretty much would like anything reliable at this point that would get our GabbyGirl home to us!

Thank you so mcuh for organizing the chapter and the great parties. I am sure it is a lot of work and we already appreciate all that you do! Hope to meet you and all of the Oregon Chapter members soon!

Thanks!
Jeff and Deborah Nance, Molly the three-legged wonder dog, and of course, GabbyGirl!
Eugene, Oregon
Old 07-27-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
GabbyGirl, Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. This last month has been super busy and I'm just getting around to posting pictures of the sandcastle rally. This weekend we are having a Rally at Nehalem Bay State Park. We are booked but you are more then welcome to come by for a visit. You may even join us but you would have to make your own reservations at the campground.

Membership chair

wbcci#29827

Old 07-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Fun Rally

Here are some pictures from the rally. Great turn out and new members. All the kids had a great time and we are going to do this again next year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sand castle gravet 060 (Small).jpg
Views:	66
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	107626   Click image for larger version

Name:	sand castle gravet 034 (Small).jpg
Views:	80
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	107627  

Click image for larger version

Name:	sand castle gravet 079 (Small).jpg
Views:	68
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	107628  

Membership chair

wbcci#29827