Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2003, 10:41 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
airstream home coming refunds

called airstream last week and they said they would credit my credit card account . as of today no credit has been processed.
and i get "soomeoooone else is processsing the transaction", and she is out too lunch. it appears that the refund is going to be a when we get too it . im sure they dont want to part with our money. in due time we will receive a refund but at their leisure.
has any one received a refund ???
2004 classic 28 WB , Pro Pride P-3 hitch
centramatics wheel ballancers 300-556
wb13798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 10:46 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
That's too bad about the postponing of the rally. Airstream is not only losing the revenue from the rally fees but also the revenue from all the factory work that was also scheduled for that time period. I'm sure many people will be canceling their service department appointments.
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:57 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
my credit card company used the f---d word when i called to complain about the speedy refund i was to promised by linda last week . the credit card company is going to go get my money . so jackson center can kiss my grits.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:55 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Easy there, Flo!

Quote:
Originally posted by wb13798
... so jackson center can kiss my grits.
I don't think Airstream has ripped anyone off in their first 65 years, and I'll bet they're not about to start now. Have a piece of pie, and give them a couple more days to straighten it out.
63flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:11 PM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Seriously. Everyone needs to take a pill or something.

You know, we all love Airstreams and there is one thing that I've learned being a part of this for almost a year now....

It's that we are a tight community. Odds are we all meet at some point. It does NO good whatsoever to rant, rave, complain and moan. If you tick someone off, the odds are that it will catch up to you. I firmly believe that Airstream would not rip anyone off. Considering the number of folks they have to refund, I'd expect that it would not be something that happened right away.

Look in the end, they didn't even have to have a homecoming. Ever hear of a Wilderness, Coachman, Jayco, etc homecoming? I'll answer for you...you haven't. So why get all bent if it didn't work out. It will eventually.

All, I would hate to see how some of you react if something major happened in your lives. This is nothing more than a bump in the road. It should be treated as such.

I know how dissappointing it is, but it will all work out in the end. I've dealt with the folks at Jackson Center. Most have the same passion I do for Airstreams. Heck, some of the Jackson Center folk own Airstreams too.

We are all in this together and it make absolutly no sense in slamming them in a public forum. We are all adults here and if something happens where someone did not get a full refund....I would hope they would call and deal with the problem with Jackson Center head on. My exp has been they are very good with eventually getting it right...it may take a few trys, but it does happen.

This is a major publically traded company and one that although at times I have not been happy with, has made the effort to not only listen to my ranting and raving (to them directly), but has also offered solutions. To some, it may not be exactly what they have wanted, but it has been, in my exp, fair.

Give them a chance and work with them. It takes more time and effort to post here than it does to make some phone calls. Even if you have to make two or three calls.

Soapbox off, .02 off.

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:34 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
it i easy TO SAY CHILL. linda has lied about the reason for the cancellation and to top it off she lied to me . i was to get a credit last tuesday. my credit card co says it only takes a minute to do a credit. and today again she doesnt have the slightest idea as to the credit she promised last tuesday. some one else is sitting on the paper work . my credit card company said what this action is . so my question is did you get a refund???
Old 09-08-2003, 06:49 PM   #7
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Al, take it offline then. Deal with them directly. It is in my humble opinion, that it is in poor form to vent to us as we can do nothing here. Your stock would have gone up a few points had it been a month or so and they have blown you off at every turn. I can't see that as the case here though. As far as I know few, if any work for Thor or Airstream here. You're preaching to the choir and frankly, I can sense the anger in your posts. I doubt folks at Airstream have lied to you. As in any company or entity that is larger than 5 people, things go through channels and yes, sometimes as unfortunate as it is, things fall through the cracks. It does not mean you have to sue, get a lawyer or slander. As far as I know the meet was canceled only a week or so ago.

It a shame that things are moving slow and even a greater shame that the homecoming was postponed, but you'd have a lot more ground if this were a month since the cancel notes went out and still had no refund.

It's easy to say chill because it's not all that serious. I trust that Airstream will refund you and being as things are now, you might actually have to call them a few times.

I'm not sure what else I can say. Nothing that I do or say will change your mind or attitude. Be angry if you have to, but personally, I think you are going a bit overboad here with your comments on suing them, calling them liars, etc.

Eric
Old 09-08-2003, 06:56 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
i reread the post on whos coming to the rally and i came to the conclusion. someone is confused , when some one takes a stand and they havent spent a cent. they arent trying to get a refund. to be exact they werent going to spend a cent on the rally. but they sure like to run any one else down that wants their bucks returned soon.
thnx
Old 09-08-2003, 07:01 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Called A/S today as I had a service date for the previous monday of the so called event. It was to install a Fantastic Fan, but now we have a more serious problem. Seems our door will not open at times. Very embarassing to be in a crowded parking lot banging & @@@#!1 on a door that will not open. Passer by's really have some neat comments like ---if you would have paid more they would have given you a key---should have bought a trailer that works, etc. Paid how much & the door won't open? A/S aren't they that top of the line outfit? We haven't used our rig since b/4 the 4th, as we're concerned of being in the rig & not being able to get out, should there be a fire, storm,etc. I'm to old & I think to fat to fit thru that back window. We'LL be using it on the trip down to Jackson, so if during the last week of Sept you hear a news report of a fat man found lodged in the back window of an A/S , you'll have heard it here first. Anyway called A/S to change the service order to one of fixing the door & of course our talk ventured into the cancellation thing. Yes, I'm upset not at the cancellation, but how unprofessional A/S was in the whole mess. If they are on the come back trail as they claim, well first they have to find the trail & that leads thru their customers goodwill. I do disagree Twink that just because their previous track record may have been built on a good reputation, they'll be around for a long time. Lots of good company's have gone bye-bye when they ignore their customer base. A/S could go the same way if not careful. So anyway, I was told again today that the reason for cancelling the event was that not enough registered. Great---how important to A/S were the ones that did preregister & went ahead & made plans? I also agree that they charged my credit card right away, why not charge it back as quick? I do want to say that I got a good scalding over for my comments on the A/S forum, however I'm trying to bite my tongue & not respond. I agree, vent if we must & I must, but lets not get personal. You can find that kind of behaviour most anywhere, hopefully it won't be found on this forum. Life's to short. anyway I'll be venting when I get to Ohio in a couple of weeks( if I don't get lodged in the window). Say a prayer for me.
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 07:01 PM   #10
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Al, what can I say. I spent $25k on a camper that has several fit and finish issues (more than it should have and will have to haul it 750 miles round trip to get it fixed properly). It's a far cry more work and money than the measly $$ you spent on that homecoming and as much as I complained, I did something about it. I won't B.S. you, it did take some time to finally get someone at Airstream, but once I did, they were more than willing to help me.

You've made this personal now and I have tried not to personally attack you, but try to be a voice of reason.

Bad things happen to really good people sometimes. That said, I don't agree with your stance or the way you are reacting to this. It does not mean I think you are wrong in your perception or feeling. I do however feel you are taking this more personally than really needs to be.....

Airstream is not going out of business tomorrow. I am confident you will get your money back.

Old 09-08-2003, 07:24 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
eric
i have not attacked you in any way. i have not said in any thread i was going to sue any one. i did present some facts and they will support my words. linda has lied on two ocassions and if you call she will tell you the same story.
im not worried about my $250. my credit CARD COMPANY IS GOING TO REVERSE THE TRANSACTION TOMORROW.
as for CHILLIN better get a cool one. and have a seat.
this thread is for those looking for a refund. and again who has received a refund??? and i think it is appropiate that this question be asked. thnx
al
Old 09-08-2003, 07:32 PM   #12
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Al, you did in another thread suggest it. Here is the link and the post should is disappear:

http://www.airforums.com/forum...0853#post50853

"like i said im ticked. if the turn out wasnt enough say so and that i understand and i think every one will. but to meally mouth the reason for the cancellation is uncalled for. i think someone is trying to salvage their job . it wasnt advertised at all untill aug and then they put it in the beret, should have been in the beret from may till now.
airstream breached their contract with the participants and should come clean or legal action should be initiated. in alabama you dont conduct business this way. my two cents someone else can have the soap box.
the lazy SECURITY DOG "
SILVER WENNIE 310 LIMITED

This was you, was it not, or has someone else been posting to your forum account?

Yes you did take a shot when you said basically (if I read you right) that those that don't have a vested interest...

"when some one takes a stand and they havent spent a cent. they arent trying to get a refund. to be exact they werent going to spend a cent on the rally. but they sure like to run any one else down that wants their bucks returned soon."

It is hard to take it any other way given the medium in which you choose to communicate.

I have since sent you a PM... but for the record, I do agree it is more than appropriate to ask if anyone got a refund. I do however, note that your tone in the whole matter (this post and the other) simply put, has much to be desired and I would not have dealt with it the same way.....but that is just me. Of course you have the right to vent, but no breaches of contract were made since no contract was ever signed...... and although I really like the "kiss my grits" retro Flo, Mel's Diner thing, it just adds to the theatrics.....

Eric
Old 09-08-2003, 07:32 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
i have ask my wife to review my post . she has an english major and i ask her to determine if i slandered anyone or said i was going to sue any one. enuf said..
Old 09-08-2003, 07:42 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
I'm glad I'm reading this because now I'll think twice about going to an A/S rally when it's advertised on such short notice. Thanks all posters on this thread for good info.
Astrodokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:16 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Final words----If nothing else A/S in their great wisdom of handling this noncomical event has created an environment that is not healthy among former friends ( which I believe we all are, whether we have formally met or not ) of this forum. This is the great sadness of this whole mess. The time to STOP IS NOW & I for one am done talking about or reading this thread. What has been done is done & hopefully will be undone. Enough has been said!!!!!!
You all have a great day & if you see someone stuck in an A/S back window when you go down the road, it's me. Please wave or honk. Appreciate it.
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:22 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

Now that we have AS out of the way, I'm curious.....

Why haven't we seen a "BIG BASH" on the "BIG THREE"?

Ya, you know, your "Tow vehicles" or your "Tail draggers" ( if in a MH).

Easy to forget that it "IS" an imperfect world, trucks, cars, TT's, houses, etc,etc.

Disappointed? I'll bet you are, been there too, but it NEVER held me back from doing the "MOST" important thing, CAMPING IN AN AS!

Oscar
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:55 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Thankyou.
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:59 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
This is the place

Eric,

This is precisely the right place to air our complaints and gripes and to vent. This is an independent forum, free from company or industry control or censure. I'd rather have Airstreamers vent here than on the phone to an employee at Jackson Center because the employee probably didn't make the decision to cancel the event. I personally want to hear if there are problems with a product, especially one that is as expensive as a new Airstream. If you don't want to be upset or vent then don't. No one is telling you to do othewise. So, give us the break! We have a right to be upset or angry if we want. If you don't want to read our posts, then don't.

As for Airstream trailers being the end all, be all in the world of travel trailers you can believe that if you want, but I don't. I have always wanted an Airstream and its the trailer of choice for me, but at the risk of being a heretic there is no doubt in my mind that there have been and are trailers of equal and in some ways superior design and construction. The basic Airstream design has not changed (in one respect that is its appeal), and is old - obsolete even. You will ask, no doubt, name the trailer that is equal or better. So, I will - Award Trailers in Canada is light weight, aerodynamic and well built. Plus, they have factory homecomings on a regular basis. Casitta travel trailer out of Texas makes an amazing small trailer. The only reason they are not serious compitition to Airstream is because their biggest trailer is only a 17 footer. In the past there were trailers like Streamline and Avion that made trailers of equal and even in some respects superior build. None of this keeps me from loving my Airstream, but I'm not going to be a fool about it and ignore its shortcomings or the poor performance of the current Airstream Company.

Forrest
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 10:32 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to JodynJeep Send a message via Yahoo to JodynJeep
Just buy a Jeep (us Jeepers know they are finicky beasts) - you love to hate them - but hate it when someone else has to make a comment. Same with the Airstream - same with anything whose interests belong to the few who 'live the dream'. IF life was any other way - we'd all be living a mundane existence. Why not have the rally anyway? Surely the funds paid could all get people into into it with the same fixings and what not? Pretty sure there are some campsite owners as well bemoaning the loss of revenue - but this stuff happens - whether its a Jeep Jamboree or a Rally for us loyal enthusiasts!

The power to be postive can be an uplifting experience... (just don't get me started on city ordinances!)
Old 09-08-2003, 10:47 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Ok I agree with Forrest, since he has open the flood gates. Airstream, today as said is the most regnizable trailer shape in the world. We choose an Airstream over other brands. As Forrest mentioned "Award Trailer" also hold homecoming rallies.Homecoming Rallies are not specific to Awards or Airstreams. Other builders hold their own as well. To think Airstream holds the exclusive idea is wrong.
Holiday Rambler, Country Coach , Winnebago, Marathon, etc. all hold homecoming rally of some sort.
All rV's are built by man. Nothing in the manmade world is perfect. NOthing is that important to get that worked up about.
We need to air our thoughts and get input from others, then formulate ideas how NOT get into that situation again. Its team work.
This is a small world, esspecially in the RV world. WE will all in time I believe meet each other. So lets have constructive critiscism and leave all the name calling and cage rattling in the playground. Say what we have to say, get others involved, move the thought processes ahead.
Let's not beat the horse any flatter.
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote