Old 09-08-2003, 09:16 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Final words----If nothing else A/S in their great wisdom of handling this noncomical event has created an environment that is not healthy among former friends ( which I believe we all are, whether we have formally met or not ) of this forum. This is the great sadness of this whole mess. The time to STOP IS NOW & I for one am done talking about or reading this thread. What has been done is done & hopefully will be undone. Enough has been said!!!!!!
You all have a great day & if you see someone stuck in an A/S back window when you go down the road, it's me. Please wave or honk. Appreciate it.
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 09:22 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

Now that we have AS out of the way, I'm curious.....

Why haven't we seen a "BIG BASH" on the "BIG THREE"?

Ya, you know, your "Tow vehicles" or your "Tail draggers" ( if in a MH).

Easy to forget that it "IS" an imperfect world, trucks, cars, TT's, houses, etc,etc.

Disappointed? I'll bet you are, been there too, but it NEVER held me back from doing the "MOST" important thing, CAMPING IN AN AS!

Oscar

Old 09-08-2003, 09:55 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Thankyou.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:59 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
This is the place

Eric,

This is precisely the right place to air our complaints and gripes and to vent. This is an independent forum, free from company or industry control or censure. I'd rather have Airstreamers vent here than on the phone to an employee at Jackson Center because the employee probably didn't make the decision to cancel the event. I personally want to hear if there are problems with a product, especially one that is as expensive as a new Airstream. If you don't want to be upset or vent then don't. No one is telling you to do othewise. So, give us the break! We have a right to be upset or angry if we want. If you don't want to read our posts, then don't.

As for Airstream trailers being the end all, be all in the world of travel trailers you can believe that if you want, but I don't. I have always wanted an Airstream and its the trailer of choice for me, but at the risk of being a heretic there is no doubt in my mind that there have been and are trailers of equal and in some ways superior design and construction. The basic Airstream design has not changed (in one respect that is its appeal), and is old - obsolete even. You will ask, no doubt, name the trailer that is equal or better. So, I will - Award Trailers in Canada is light weight, aerodynamic and well built. Plus, they have factory homecomings on a regular basis. Casitta travel trailer out of Texas makes an amazing small trailer. The only reason they are not serious compitition to Airstream is because their biggest trailer is only a 17 footer. In the past there were trailers like Streamline and Avion that made trailers of equal and even in some respects superior build. None of this keeps me from loving my Airstream, but I'm not going to be a fool about it and ignore its shortcomings or the poor performance of the current Airstream Company.

Forrest
Old 09-08-2003, 11:32 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to JodynJeep Send a message via Yahoo to JodynJeep
Just buy a Jeep (us Jeepers know they are finicky beasts) - you love to hate them - but hate it when someone else has to make a comment. Same with the Airstream - same with anything whose interests belong to the few who 'live the dream'. IF life was any other way - we'd all be living a mundane existence. Why not have the rally anyway? Surely the funds paid could all get people into into it with the same fixings and what not? Pretty sure there are some campsite owners as well bemoaning the loss of revenue - but this stuff happens - whether its a Jeep Jamboree or a Rally for us loyal enthusiasts!

The power to be postive can be an uplifting experience... (just don't get me started on city ordinances!)
Old 09-08-2003, 11:47 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Ok I agree with Forrest, since he has open the flood gates. Airstream, today as said is the most regnizable trailer shape in the world. We choose an Airstream over other brands. As Forrest mentioned "Award Trailer" also hold homecoming rallies.Homecoming Rallies are not specific to Awards or Airstreams. Other builders hold their own as well. To think Airstream holds the exclusive idea is wrong.
Holiday Rambler, Country Coach , Winnebago, Marathon, etc. all hold homecoming rally of some sort.
All rV's are built by man. Nothing in the manmade world is perfect. NOthing is that important to get that worked up about.
We need to air our thoughts and get input from others, then formulate ideas how NOT get into that situation again. Its team work.
This is a small world, esspecially in the RV world. WE will all in time I believe meet each other. So lets have constructive critiscism and leave all the name calling and cage rattling in the playground. Say what we have to say, get others involved, move the thought processes ahead.
Let's not beat the horse any flatter.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:45 AM   #21
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Not sure some got the point... but to each their own.

I don't believe (and do not believe I said that we should) we are stopping anyone here from posting or venting their issues. However, I am still simply saying that I am dissapointed in how some folks have take this cancelation and I am not simply talking about Al. There have been others.

Maybe Airstream did not handle it correctly, perhaps there were things going on behind the scenes that few if any will ever know about.

A.E., you too were one of the ones on the other thread that said:
"I don't know about plans for legal action"

To me, it seems, that you might be on the fence on the issue, which is fine with me.

I am in total agreement that it is a shame how it all went down and I too was disapppointed. I had planned on going and had a service appointment all set up thay I may or may not cancel due to me considering a larger Airstream.

I think we all get upset from time to time. It's only human. However, when I see two seperate threads where I think calmer heads should post to try to bring the group back down....well I think that's just as important. I disagree that Jackson Center should not hear about it. I think calls to Jackson Center will do more than posting here, but by all means post away. My only thing is that we keep it in perspective.

BTW, bus, I was not aware that these RV companies held factory homecomings Holiday Rambler, Country Coach , Winnebago, Marathon. Some I am not sure are still in business.

FWIW, if Airstream had another homecoming and it fit into my schedule, I would consider ploping down $250 for the exp. If the fit and finsh issues haven't killed my Airstream bug....a canceled homecoming most likely won't either.

Regards,

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 08:41 AM   #22
Rivet Master

HI Slivertwinkie,

Yes all the aforementioned RV companies are still in business. Only goof was Holiday Rambler is part of the Monaco family.
I know for a fact that these companies all hold a homecomings of sorts, we have had some of the products in the recent past.
For whatever reason Airstream chose to cancel we may never know. If they held another and time permitted we, too, would consider going. There is the possibiity that there may have not been enough participation, so they cancelled due to lack of interest?
Old 09-09-2003, 11:06 AM   #23
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
That's pretty cool....I particularly liked the Holiday Rambler brand.....

Hope everyone gets their money back soon. Maybe next time around we'll all meet up at the next homecoming.....

Eric

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote