Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member

1958 22' Flying Cloud
Saint Helena , California
Does anyone know if the Vintage group will be parked on grass or asphalt? I'm bringing my awning and wondering if I can bang in the tent stakes for the guy wires.
bevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:01 PM   #62
4 Rivet Member

Not sure if we will be on grass or pavement. Probably on grass but one site that has been mentioned was partly a parking lot.
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #63
My Grandparents Airstream

2007 28' Safari SE
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Selking
I have some big nails and a sledge so we can put up the awning even on asphalt.
WBCCI #6062
International 3rd Vice President

"Airstream the Best trailer ever built."
Andrew Selking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbond
Not sure if we will be on grass or pavement. Probably on grass but one site that has been mentioned was partly a parking lot.
Herb,

Will there be a VAC tent, like Salem?

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #65
4 Rivet Member

We plan on trying to rent one once we get there. The tent rental company wants a utilities permit before they will erect a tent and since we aren't sure of where .... we have to wait til we get "placed".
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbond
We plan on trying to rent one once we get there. The tent rental company wants a utilities permit before they will erect a tent and since we aren't sure of where .... we have to wait til we get "placed".
Guess that's one of the reasons why you're showing up early, huh Herb?! See you there!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #67
4 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
1961 26' Overlander
1949 24' Limited
Springs , Pennsylvania
This will be our first Intl rally. We are bringing our '61 and our friends are using our '67. We are going to the pre rally VAC gathering at the KOA and doing the parade. But we were wondering if we wanted to leave the Intl rally a few days early is it impossible to get out? Also, are you allowed to park your tow vehicle with your trailer and come and go as you please? Since we have only been to a few rallies (and they were all WDCU ) we have been told that Intl can be a little "stuffy" with some of the rules & regulations- true?
Old 05-28-2008, 09:55 PM   #68
My Grandparents Airstream

2007 28' Safari SE
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Selking
YES,YES,YES, you can leave early, you get to park by your trailer , and you can come and go as you please, this is only possible in the vintage and dog sections they don't allow that in the "stufff" shirt section. HA! HA! . Just kidding but the answer to your question is Yes,Yes,Yes.
WBCCI #6062
International 3rd Vice President

"Airstream the Best trailer ever built."
Andrew Selking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3streams
This will be our first Intl rally. We are bringing our '61 and our friends are using our '67. We are going to the pre rally VAC gathering at the KOA and doing the parade. ... Since we have only been to a few rallies (and they were all WDCU ) we have been told that Intl can be a little "stuffy" with some of the rules & regulations- true?
Hi April & Andy:

If you want stuffiness, you will have to leave the Vintage Area and find it elsewhere. I look forward to meeting you two there. Have a great trip out to Bozeman!
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3streams
This will be our first Intl rally. We are bringing our '61 and our friends are using our '67. We are going to the pre rally VAC gathering at the KOA and doing the parade. But we were wondering if we wanted to leave the Intl rally a few days early is it impossible to get out? Also, are you allowed to park your tow vehicle with your trailer and come and go as you please? Since we have only been to a few rallies (and they were all WDCU ) we have been told that Intl can be a little "stuffy" with some of the rules & regulations- true?
April & Andy,

To repeat Fred's words, you will have to work to find stuffiness in the VAC section. The International is what you want to make it. You will enjoy the VAC parade into the International and the members you meet everywhere. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone who attends.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 05-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #71
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Air Members going to Bozeman

My preparations for the International in Bozeman will really take off next week -- our last day of school is tomorrow. If the storms hold off this weekend, I will be taking the '75 Eldorado out of storage for a new set of tires on its restored factory rims and a thorough detailing. Next week, the Minuet will receive its long-needed Spring cleaning. Some of my neighbors are already "cautioning" me "not to try to re-create The Long, Long, Trailer" with my convertible/travel trailer combination -- it is not the first time that I have been cautionned about this as on a Caravan several years ago, I bought a pair of geode book ends at nearly every stop and packed them in the storage drawers below the front lounge in the Overlander.

If all continues as planned, the Cadillac's convertible top will be seeing quite a bit of use during its trip to the International Rally. I am sure that some of my friends with whom I will be Caravanning to the International are already speculating about what kind of "Murphy's Law Disasters" will follow my rig this time! My rig generally sees to it that my travels are rarely boring.

Will be looking forward to meeting other Forums members at the Rally. I will be joining the Vintage Club for its Pre-Rally at the KOA and Parade to the Rally Grounds.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:09 PM   #72
4 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
1978 31' Excella 500
Franklin , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to DPeakMD
It'll be great to see you again, Kevin! I'm so glad everything's coming together so well for you. But, I definitely don't want to jinx you since I've seen how trouble can follow you!
WBCCI #8481
DPeakMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:28 AM   #73
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Get your Mojo working

Good luck Kevin

Looking forward to seeing ya

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander64
My preparations for the International in Bozeman will really take off next week -- our last day of school is tomorrow. If the storms hold off this weekend, I will be taking the '75 Eldorado out of storage for a new set of tires on its restored factory rims and a thorough detailing. Next week, the Minuet will receive its long-needed Spring cleaning. Some of my neighbors are already "cautioning" me "not to try to re-create The Long, Long, Trailer" with my convertible/travel trailer combination -- it is not the first time that I have been cautionned about this as on a Caravan several years ago, I bought a pair of geode book ends at nearly every stop and packed them in the storage drawers below the front lounge in the Overlander.

If all continues as planned, the Cadillac's convertible top will be seeing quite a bit of use during its trip to the International Rally. I am sure that some of my friends with whom I will be Caravanning to the International are already speculating about what kind of "Murphy's Law Disasters" will follow my rig this time! My rig generally sees to it that my travels are rarely boring.

Will be looking forward to meeting other Forums members at the Rally. I will be joining the Vintage Club for its Pre-Rally at the KOA and Parade to the Rally Grounds.

Kevin
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:32 AM   #74
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Ill be there, just look for the Airstream, cant miss it! Stop by for a visit!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:16 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
GOOD NEWS!! Tiffany called me yesterday and they have enough people for the 2nd bus...RES
Old 05-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #76
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Me too

I don't think I posted previously in this thread.

We are leaving Texas June 19, killing some time at Tetons/Yellowstone, and getting into Bozeman the 28th.

My wife is our unit President, so she has to do the delegate thing.

After Bozeman, 3 nights in Cody, then dawdle on home to Texas.

By the way, a friend who has traveled that part of the country extensively tells me that Dead Indian Pass, near Cody, is the prettiest road he has ever been on. I looked at it on Google Earth and it has the most switchbacks I have ever seen on one road. We're going to make a side trip there while at Cody.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:25 PM   #77
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT

1300 West College St, Bozeman, MT is right about where that lot is. You should be able to sight Airstreams from there...
__
If you come up from West Yellowstone like we are doing, you come in to a Y-intersection at the west end of town and the right branch (nearly straight) is West College Street. Takes you right to the bullpen.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:26 PM   #78
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
killing some time at Tetons/Yellowstone,
I wouldn't call spending any amount of time in the Tetons or Yellowstone "killing time"!

Waiting at home for the UPS truck or the repairman, that's killing time.
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #79
4 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
1978 31' Excella 500
Franklin , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to DPeakMD
Anyone else with extra time after the Rally? We'd like to see Glacier Nat'l. It's too far for a day trip from Bozeman. Thought if others are interested maybe we could caravan up together!
WBCCI #8481
DPeakMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:06 AM   #80
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPeakMD View Post
Anyone else with extra time after the Rally? We'd like to see Glacier Nat'l. It's too far for a day trip from Bozeman. Thought if others are interested maybe we could caravan up together!
We are planning on leaving on July 2 and heading to Glacier before going home.

Bill
Just my personal opinion