Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2006, 08:46 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
We weathered rain, and we sprayed continuously for bugs, but we still had a great time in Maine this past weekend. Meeting more of the NEU members was the highlight of the trip for us.

Saw a lot of Airstreams -- 3 at the campground we went to after the rendezvous, a few more on the road. Got behind a 60s Tradewind headed south from Maine on Tuesday. If that was you with the MA plate, we were the folks waving from the '06 Bambi. Howdy!

Hey, myboyburt, we stopped at Edgecomb Pottery and it was okay. I still like the Georgetown pottery better. Now was it 4 parts water to 1 part sugar for the hummingbird feeder? We lost the instructions...

-J
Yes, 4 parts water to 1 part sugar, boil 2 minutes and let cool before putting out for the "Hummers". I make up a weekly batch for our Ruby Throated Hummingbirds. I always do 1 cup sugar into 4 cups of water as we have multi feeders and about 6 nesting pairs of Hummers here in beautiful New Boston, NH.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:09 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
marlborough , Massachusetts
We saw both you and the Tradewind on Tuesday. We were heading back from Belfast ME (Earl picking up new tow vehicle) I guessed that the bambi was you guys...can't wait to have Earl pay up on the bet

Quote:
We weathered rain, and we sprayed continuously for bugs, but we still had a great time in Maine this past weekend. Meeting more of the NEU members was the highlight of the trip for us.

Saw a lot of Airstreams -- 3 at the campground we went to after the rendezvous, a few more on the road. Got behind a 60s Tradewind headed south from Maine on Tuesday. If that was you with the MA plate, we were the folks waving from the '06 Bambi. Howdy!

Hey, myboyburt, we stopped at Edgecomb Pottery and it was okay. I still like the Georgetown pottery better. Now was it 4 parts water to 1 part sugar for the hummingbird feeder? We lost the instructions...

-J
Elaine L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine L
We saw both you and the Tradewind on Tuesday. We were heading back from Belfast ME (Earl picking up new tow vehicle) I guessed that the bambi was you guys...can't wait to have Earl pay up on the bet
Were you towing? We saw an Airstream with a tow vehicle that looked like your old one (a black SUV?) headed north as we were going south and I thought maybe that could be you & Earl.

I have to say we fell in love with Maine all over again. You just reminded me that I'd love to see Belfast again. And we had wanted to get up to Camden but ran out of time on this trip so we're saving it for next time. Can we get a rendezvous near Camden onto the schedule for next year?
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:16 AM   #24
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
... Can we get a rendezvous near Camden onto the schedule for next year?
We sure can! Why don't you host one? Our 1st VP is still working on the event schedule for next year. I say "go for it"!

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:27 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
We sure can! Why don't you host one? Our 1st VP is still working on the event schedule for next year. I say "go for it"!

Ouch! There's that "host" word again. I'm the hostess with the leastest when it comes to this stuff. I was hopin' someone with some Camden area campground experience would make a suggestion and we could all just host ourselves, at the same place, at the same time, around the same campfire.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 07-27-2006, 08:45 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Ouch! There's that "host" word again. I'm the hostess with the leastest when it comes to this stuff. I was hopin' someone with some Camden area campground experience would make a suggestion and we could all just host ourselves, at the same place, at the same time, around the same campfire.
I've been wanting to stay at Camden State Park for a few years now. Looks pretty cool up on the hill overlooking the town and harbor. There is a day Schooner or two that folks can take from the harbor too. Leon and I did a Schooner vacation (out of Rockland, ME) a few years ago - on the "Lewis R. French" - one of the best things we've ever done.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:02 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Quote:
You can't fool me. You are already "hosting" an event this year so I know you have it in you.

There is nothing "hostess" related (using the true definition of the word) that you have to do. A rendezvous is actually one of the easiest events to "host". With a minimal amount of work on your part, you find the location and the people will follow. You don't have to entertain us; you don't have to come up with an activity list, etc. And, the only reason I mention adding it to the NEU roster of activities is so that we can get the automatic liability insurance.

To further illustrate how easy it is to do, here are the steps:

1) Find a location -- work with word of month or the forum to find someone who has knowledge of the area OR use Google to investigate camping locations yourself. Camden is only so big so you can't go wrong with any location you pick in that area.

2) Pick a date

3) Inform the NEU 1st VP of your plan prior to end of October 2006 if you want the event included in WBCCI directories/advertising/liability insurance.

4) Work with Gail to get a thread posted on the forum. You could even set it up so that the attendees contact the campground themselves and deal with paying the campground directly so you don't have to deal with money.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:56 AM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
marlborough , Massachusetts
We did not have the Airstream so we traveled under the radar. We wave but no one ever sees us!

Quote:
Were you towing? We saw an Airstream with a tow vehicle that looked like your old one (a black SUV?) headed north as we were going south and I thought maybe that could be you & Earl.

I have to say we fell in love with Maine all over again. You just reminded me that I'd love to see Belfast again. And we had wanted to get up to Camden but ran out of time on this trip so we're saving it for next time. Can we get a rendezvous near Camden onto the schedule for next year?
Elaine L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:40 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
There is nothing "hostess" related (using the true definition of the word) that you have to do. A rendezvous is actually one of the easiest events to "host". With a minimal amount of work on your part, you find the location and the people will follow. You don't have to entertain us; you don't have to come up with an activity list, etc. And, the only reason I mention adding it to the NEU roster of activities is so that we can get the automatic liability insurance...
Okey-dokey, Yuki. Between you, Elaine L., and myboyburt I'm assured I won't have to be a twinkie hostess in order to help get together a rendezvous downeast. So be watching for another Airstream migration to the Maine Coast, sometime '07 or '08.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 07-29-2006, 05:56 AM   #30
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
....I won't have to be a twinkie hostess in ...-J
not to be confused with a "Hostess Twinkie", naturally....

'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:02 AM   #31
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Chuck...what is THAT a photo of? It actually looks like whatever it is has a firm grip on what looks like his dentures in his left hand!

Old 07-29-2006, 06:03 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
not to be confused with a "Hostess Twinkie", naturally....
Exactly! Perhaps the term "silver twinkie hostess" is more appropriate for WBCCI. And the hostess' rig would be known as the "hostess (silver)twinkie".

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 07-29-2006, 06:11 AM   #33
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Chuck...what is THAT a photo of? It actually looks like whatever it is has a firm grip on what looks like his dentures in his left hand!
why, its "Twinky the Kid"!!!!

I think thats his lasso in his left hand.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote