Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
2020 WBCCI International Rally - Loveland, CO

The 2020 WBCCI International Rally will be in Loveland, CO June 20-27 at the The Ranch Events Complex. This will be 63rd annual rally. Rally information and registration can be found at the following web page:

https://loveland.airstreamclub.net/

Feel free to post interesting things to do & see in the area as well as other information useful to rally attendees.

There is another thread related to Loveland but it's in a different sub-forum so I thought it would be good to have a rally specific thread in the WBCCI Rallies & Events area of the web site.

The rally logo:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	loveland-logo.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	349291  
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:09 PM   #2
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Volunteering During Rally

One unique item at the Loveland 2020 rally will be the opportunity to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity. You can do as much as you want - one day, two days, or more. The Loveland Habitat affiliate will allow us to sign-up online to help with a construction project or at the Habitat ReStore.

More details will be posted regarding volunteering as the plans are finalized.

The pictures below show several families on their dedication day - the day the house (and keys) are turned over to them - that's the day they begin to "own" as house for the first time. One of Habitat's missions is to build decent, affordable housing. Most Habitat homeowners find their mortgage, taxes and insurance payment is less than they paid in rent!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Loveland_Habitat_dedication1.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	349318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Loveland_Habitat_dedication2.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	349319  

Name:	Loveland_Habitat_dedication3.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	349320  
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
Old 10-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
West Fork , Arkansas
Lucius and Danielle,
Thanks for the info on the 2020 WBCCI International Rally. Jane I recently joined the organization and would like to know more about what to expect. We see 20 amp electric and potable water will be available for the 700 or so units. That alone seems rather amazing but we are spoiled by staying at full hook up parks, clean restrooms with showers. Is there sewer hook up for each unit or remote dumps station(s)? Our trailer has no gray water tank so is a portable "blue boy" allowed? It seems unlikely that separate restrooms with showers could be set up for so many attendees so do all just use whatever is available in their own Airstream?
Many thanks!
Jim
Old 10-28-2019, 06:12 PM   #4
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
I was hoping somebody would chime in to discuss the facilities at the 2020 International - for now, here's $0.02...

20A electricity is sufficient to operate most air conditioners. 20A will not operate the air conditioner, microwave, hair dryer, coffee maker, electric water heater, etc. so it will be necessary to understand your electrical systems so you don't overload the 20A circuit. Operating the water heater and refrigerator in propane mode are the protocol for events like this. Rationing the use of the 20A will also be helpful. Turn off the air conditioner when you want to use the microwave for instance.

Water at large rallies is typically "daisy chained" from one trailer to another. We've attended several rallies with this configuration and it's not been a problem.

It's unlikely that many people will have full hookups. There are usually some sewer connections at facilities such as this but not enough for 700 rigs. Periodic sewer pump-outs are arranged - typically every three to four days. If you need a blue-boy that's yours to figure out. There probably is a dump station or two on the grounds.

Don't let the hook-ups (or lack thereof) keep you away. This will be a fun event for many reasons. This will be a good opportunity to try something new and learn how your trailer can be utilized with less than resort style amenities.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:42 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
I’ve used blue boys and they can be pumped out as well - 20 amp to run a/c will be dicey especially if everyone on the line is running their ac - nights cool off so it should be fine
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:21 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Lightbulb Airforums Meetup at Loveland 2020?

This will be my first International Rally. I was wondering if the members of Airforums have any plans to get together and meet?

I think that would be a blast and give me the chance to thank everyone who has helped me via the forums. Is anything like this currently planned?
Old 10-29-2019, 08:44 AM   #7
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBad View Post
This will be my first International Rally. I was wondering if the members of Airforums have any plans to get together and meet?

I think that would be a blast and give me the chance to thank everyone who has helped me via the forums. Is anything like this currently planned?
Sounds like a good idea. As they say... build it and they will come! When you get parked, let everyone know where you're located and we'll stop by to say hello. A plus - adult beverages are permitted at trailers.

Another alternative... WBCCI typically has a "Friendship" room somewhere on the grounds. Don't know where it will be located at the 2020 rally but there will likely be such a location in one of the buildings. It's a place where people hang out and meet other people. When the rally starts figure out where the Friendship room is located and post something on this thread and on the rally Facebook page. Might be an interesting meet-up. A minus - adult beverages may not be permitted at the Friendship room.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:47 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
Sounds like a good idea. As they say... build it and they will come! When you get parked, let everyone know where you're located and we'll stop by to say hello. A plus - adult beverages are permitted at trailers.

Another alternative... WBCCI typically has a "Friendship" room somewhere on the grounds. Don't know where it will be located at the 2020 rally but there will likely be such a location in one of the buildings. It's a place where people hang out and meet other people. When the rally starts figure out where the Friendship room is located and post something on this thread and on the rally Facebook page. Might be an interesting meet-up. A minus - adult beverages may not be permitted at the Friendship room.

Can do.

Another idea might be to have some colored ribbon attached to your badge signifying your Airforums name.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:37 PM   #9
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Habitat Volunteer Project in Loveland

WBCCI is excited to partner with Habitat for Humanity to build decent, affordable homes in the Loveland area. Take a look at the rally page shown below to see the latest information about registering to help with this project:

https://loveland.airstreamclub.net/h...-loveland2020/

Scroll down near the bottom of the article and look for the registration link.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:30 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Sue, Cheryl and I may be going to Colorado next year after all.

The WBCCI (oops, I mean Airstream Club) does not recommend rooftop A/C be run at all. They point out that starting is always over 20 amps, even with a soft-start kit installed. I know that my rooftop easily runs on 20 amps at home though. However, without air, we will not be there because of the dogs left in the trailer while we’re out.

That being said though, I suggested an alternative: we have two portable A/C units that we bought and used when our rooftop unit failed while we were on our way to Myrtle Beach this summer. One is 12 amp, and one is just under 13, so I suggested we pack one of these in case we need A/C in Colorado. So, we may be going!

Phil from gorgeous Young Harris, Georgia, USA

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:22 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
I curious - back in the 60’s 70’s and 80’s there were 3000 - 4000 airstreams attending the international - what did folks do with their dogs and no a/c
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:01 PM   #12
Retired

2008 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
Those rallies had trailers from the late 40s through the 50s, many of which never had air. Windows open, awnings in ‘rally’ position, and hoping for a breeze, while leaving fresh water for the dogs....

Most rallies are not continuous dawn to dusk, away from the rig. Then, as now, there was sufficient time back at the rig, to walk dogs, sip lemonade, have a bite, and prepare for the next activity....
2008 Classic 30'
2019 F250 4x4
tvketchum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:59 PM   #13
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
I was hoping somebody would chime in to discuss the facilities at the 2020 International - for now, here's $0.02...

20A electricity is sufficient to operate most air conditioners.
Disregard any comments about operating your air conditioner at the rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
I’ve used blue boys and they can be pumped out as well - 20 amp to run a/c will be dicey especially if everyone on the line is running their ac - nights cool off so it should be fine
Use of air conditioners will only be permitted in the generator section according to the rally web page and recent announcements by WBCCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil and/or Sue View Post
Sue, Cheryl and I may be going to Colorado next year after all.

The WBCCI (oops, I mean Airstream Club) does not recommend rooftop A/C be run at all. ...
Phil and/or Sue is correct. The official Loveland 2020 rally page clearly states use of air conditioners is not permitted if you're connected to the electrical grid. If you want to use the A/C you must be in the generator section.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:20 AM   #14
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Woo-Hoo! There have been a few sign-ups for the Habitat for Humanity project at the Loveland2020 Rally.

There will be so many fun and interesting things to do at the rally you'll find it hard to decide which way to go. How about getting out of your comfort zone and registering to help for one day to build a decent, affordable home for a Loveland area family. The Loveland Habitat affiliate is "holding" 60 volunteer spots for Airstream Club members until early April. That's just over a month from now. Don't wait until then, if you're interested in volunteering go ahead and register now. You'll be among friends.

The link to the information page for the Habitat project is shown below:

Habitat for Humanity Volunteer Project Loveland2020

If you're ready to register for the volunteer project click on the following link:

Registration Link
Old 03-17-2020, 09:12 AM   #15
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
The Loveland2020 Rally has been cancelled due to concerns about the COVID-19 virus. There's another thread with discussion related to the rally cancellation so there's no need to go into much detail on this thread.

Many people had signed-up for the Habitat for Humanity project that was being organized in conjunction with the rally. Looking at the Loveland Habitat page it appears they are continuing to "work" and the affiliate will continue to monitor the situation and make decisions regarding cancellations and postponements as they deem necessary.

If you registered to volunteer with the Loveland Habitat for Humanity affiliate during the rally in June it may turn out that you are still able to do so if you still plan to be in the area during that time.

There are many unknowable situations that will arise in the upcoming weeks and months. Each of us is ultimately responsible for doing what's right for us. The rally has been cancelled - that's a definite. Whether you are going to Colorado and whether the Habitat affiliate will be working is to be determined.

We plan to continue monitoring the efforts of the Loveland Habitat affiliate. You can do the same at the link shown below:

https://www.lovelandhabitat.org/