Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2014, 08:20 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
The Beautiful Mountains Of Southwest , Virginia
2015 International Rally Info?

I have looked and asked for info on next years rally with no success. Will someone please be kind enough to enlighten me as to where and when it will take place? Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Winter, Robstown, Texas, January 19th to January 24th. I've sent in my reservation and gotten confirmation back.

Summer, Farmingham, New Mexico, June 26 to July 4. I've already sent in my reservation, but haven't gotten anything back confirming it.

Applications should be available in the Blue Beret for both.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
I have looked and asked for info on next years rally with no success. Will someone please be kind enough to enlighten me as to where and when it will take place?
Farmington, New Mexico, June 26 - July 4, 2015.

The web site is here:

http://wbcci.org/activities/internat...-farmington-nm
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Winter, Robstown, Texas, January 19th to January 24th. I've sent in my reservation and gotten confirmation back.

Summer, Farmingham, New Mexico, June 26 to July 4. I've already sent in my reservation, but haven't gotten anything back confirming it.

Applications should be available in the Blue Beret for both.
Thanks Protagonist! I'm new here. I thought that you only had one International rally each year, around the 4th of July? May I ask what the Blue Beret is and where it is? Thanks again.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:46 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
I thought that you only had one International rally each year, around the 4th of July? May I ask what the Blue Beret is and where it is?
OK--you understand that the International Rally is put on by the Wally Byam Caravan Club, International (WBCCI) whose web site is WBCCI.org ? (No relationship to Airforurms)

There is only one International Rally per year, around the 4th of July. The winter event that Protagonist is referring to is the Midwinter IBT, being the mid winter meeting of the WBCCI International Board of Trustees.

Welcome to the forums, and hope you will join WBCCI. Membership information at WBCCI.org.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:02 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
OK--you understand that the International Rally is put on by the Wally Byam Caravan Club, International (WBCCI) whose web site is WBCCI.org ? (No relationship to Airforurms)

There is only one International Rally per year, around the 4th of July. The winter event that Protagonist is referring to is the Midwinter IBT, being the mid winter meeting of the WBCCI International Board of Trustees.

Welcome to the forums, and hope you will join WBCCI. Membership information at WBCCI.org.
Yes that is what I thought. I used to have a friend that went years ago. We are planning our first trip in our new Classic around the middle of April to the Southwest. I doubt if we will be able to turn around and go that far again again in June. I was hoping that they might have it in the Eastern US next year since it was in Wyoming this year.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:09 AM   #7

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
The winter event that Protagonist is referring to is the Midwinter IBT, being the mid winter meeting of the WBCCI International Board of Trustees.
Okay, time to admit my ignorance, in the hope that someone will enlighten me. Since I'll be newly retired, I'll finally have time to attend both events for the first time, so I'm not aware of the fine distinctions…

At the International Rally, they conduct IBT business, right? And it's a rally open to all WBCCI members who register. But at the midwinter IBT, they conduct IBT business, but it's not a rally? Or it's a rally but not open to all WBCCI members who register? What exactly is the difference between the two events that makes one an International rally and the other not?
Old 11-01-2014, 05:57 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
I believe any member can attend either or both events. The blue beret is the magazine members of the WBCCI recieve. Air forum rallys and WBCCI rallys are different.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:09 AM   #9

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
I believe any member can attend either or both events. The blue beret is the magazine members of the WBCCI recieve. Air forum rallys and WBCCI rallys are different.
That doesn't really answer my question about why the Midwinter IBT isn't considered a WBCCI international rally even though the Midwinter IBT in January and the International in June/July appear to be identical in scope and purpose - both are rallies, both are open to all WBCCI members of any natioanlity, both conduct IBT business.

Is it just the name, that one is officially named "International" and one is named "Midwinter"? If that's the distinction everyone is making, I wish someone would have said so up-front, because the distinction between the capitalized "WBCCI International Rally" and a non-capitalized "WBCCI international rally" is awfully subtle for a novice.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:12 AM   #10
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
I believe the midwinter us strictly business, unless it has changed.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:17 AM   #11

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
I believe the midwinter us strictly business, unless it has changed.
So the distinction is, the International is fun, and the Midwinter IBT is not?
Old 11-01-2014, 06:20 AM   #12
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Matter of opinion. Some think neither are fun, some both. Interesting to go to see how business is handled. Never went when I had my AS, wish I had.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:40 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
We have been to both the Mid Winter meeting and the International. The Mid Winter is shorter and basically consists of meetings of the International Officers and Region Officers. The attendance is lower, about 150 individuals. No seminars but happy hours, meals and entertainment at night. The International is longer and consists of the same meetings, some of which occur before the official opening date. There are seminars and vendors at the International as well lunches and breakfasts for the various regions and intra clubs, i.e. Vintage, Classic, Free Wheelers etc. No organized happy hours or meals provided in the rally fee but evening entertainment.

Any other questions, please ask.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
That doesn't really answer my question about why the Midwinter IBT isn't considered a WBCCI international rally even though the Midwinter IBT in January and the International in June/July appear to be identical in scope and purpose - both are rallies, both are open to all WBCCI members of any natioanlity, both conduct IBT business.

Is it just the name, that one is officially named "International" and one is named "Midwinter"? If that's the distinction everyone is making, I wish someone would have said so up-front, because the distinction between the capitalized "WBCCI International Rally" and a non-capitalized "WBCCI international rally" is awfully subtle for a novice.
Exactly right. It's just the name. Maybe they ought to call it "THE International Rally" like Ohio State University calls themselves THE Ohio State University. (Actually, there are a lot of state universities in Ohio.)

Both the International and the Midwinter IBT have IBT meetings, but the International is a much bigger rally with a lot more regulars in attendance. (Since you are a "novice" you don't remember the good old days of WBCCI when they used to get thousands of trailers at the International rally. Nowadays they get a few hundred.)

And for that matter, the WBCCI puts on numerous national special event rallies every year, which could be called "international" rallies, not being put on by a specific Region or Unit.

Sorry about the confusion.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Does anyone know what the number of units were at the Int Rally in WY this past summer?
Old 11-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
I think it was about 325.

Bill

Quote:
Does anyone know what the number of units were at the Int Rally in WY this past summer?
Just my personal opinion

Old 11-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
We are planning our first trip in our new Classic around the middle of April to the Southwest. I doubt if we will be able to turn around and go that far again again in June. I was hoping that they might have it in the Eastern US next year since it was in Wyoming this year.
You're in luck for 2016, though. The 2016 International Rally is being planned for Lewisburg, WV, just down the road from you.

We aren't planning to attend Farmington, either, but definitely plan to be at Lewisburg.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Whew ...now that's a bunch of answers for a relatively simple question ...
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
There are few simple questions or answers when it comes to WBCCI.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
Whew ...now that's a bunch of answers for a relatively simple question ...
Just my personal opinion

Old 11-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Quote:
You're in luck for 2016, though. The 2016 International Rally is being planned for Lewisburg, WV, just down the road from you.

We aren't planning to attend Farmington, either, but definitely plan to be at Lewisburg.
Well now, thats good to hear. Technically it's "up" the road from us, about a 100 miles North. The only place in Lewisburg big enough for a rally has to be the WV State Fairgrounds. Been there many times over the years. They have the fair there each August. Thanks for the info.