Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #161
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Lamy , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Foster View Post
Lynn and I are very excited about this, our first, Balloon Fiesta.

After talking with Ken J at Salida, we are looking forward, not only to the balloons, but perhaps some kite flying, wind and space permitting.

What do you think, Ken, should folks bring their kites?
Jim, there have been folks flying kites on the field during the day when there is no flying. Big open space - all you need is the wind.

TAC NM-1
Four Corners Unit Treasurer
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
KF5RGU
Howard E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #162
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Jim - Yes! Bring the kites - it will be a great event for us - as a side note - did you get my e-mail? I bought the Buick - its all your fault...

Stay tuned - - - details coming soon - more details than y'all will be able to stand

Lylle - yes Lewster will be at the fiesta - for those who don't know, each year we travel with our very own RV tech...

Ken J
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #163
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
Jim - Yes! Bring the kites - it will be a great event for us - as a side note - did you get my e-mail? I bought the Buick - its all your fault...

Stay tuned - - - details coming soon - more details than y'all will be able to stand

Ken J
Yes, I got your e-mail about the Buick. How about a photo pr two?

The kites are in the truck. We are in Crescent City CA for a Labor Day kite fly.
Next stop, home for a few days, then on to Santa Barbara for a unit rally, then on to the Balloon Fiesta.
This should be a great time.

For those interested, After we left Salida we went to the Washington State International Kite Festival where, among other things, we were part of a world record setting Revolution Kite mega fly. We joined 62 other fliers from around the globe to set a new world record of 64 kites flying patterns together. The old record was 54, set in Bristol England in 2008.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	all 64 8-20-2010 1200x559.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	110004  
Past President, El Camino Real Unit WBCCI#6620
Street Rod Builder (see avatar)
Kite flier (check out links below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp3nuNtlZcA&t=331s
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
Jim Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #164
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Hello folksI sent an e-mail to everyone last night and got a couple of rejections - if you did not get an e-mail from me, please pm me and let me know - its the only way you will know whats going on...Also, signup is now officially closed - I've been able to squeeze a couple of folks in recently, but cannot do that from this point on - there are no refunds from this point on.ITS BALLOON TIME!!!! yippy yippy yeah! Weather is looking perfect and from what I can see from here a great time will be had by all!Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 09-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #165
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
On the Road to Albuquerque

And so we have been on this road, this destination since April 1st..

.as we sold our home and began ful timing this has been our destination for this leg of our journey..

When we arrive at the Festival we will have logged some 30,000 miles of exploration total......and only 12,000 of that with airstream in tow

We left Bastrop, Texas headed for Arkansas to celebrate my Aunts 96th birthday...our plans set in jello but somewhat directed at heading back to New Orleans and following the Mississippi river upstream to its source....
and we did make it to its source...but only in a round about way

First detour....as we headed to Eureka Springs and then into Missouri and then Indiana and then to the Midwest rally at whittington woods.. ILL

Then to Ohio to spend Memorial day and a few days with friends at Barnesville OH....

Then to friends to courtesy park with Lou and Larry at Lagrange, OH
Then to White Pigeon, MI to coutesy park with Bud...

then off touring Michigan and to the UP and fell in love with the Great Lakes and Lake Superior in paticular....

but then it was off to Wisconsin to the origin of our English Cockers , at Two Rivers
Then into MInnesota and a treck to gunflint pines and back to Duluth for a great stay at the boat basin....

A treck across North Dakota..beautiful state..across US 2...then to Montana and the Glacier NP and into Washington and Yakima, Olympia, Seattle..

.jumping onto the US 101 and a tour down the Oregon Coast where we now sit...ready to slide down the US 101 in California....

All headed for the Festival...................
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #166
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
kingfisher24

If you are interested, we are going to Williams, AZ on Sept 28, take the train ride to the Grand Canyon on the 29th and on the 30th meet up with a group from AZ near Flagstaff. From there lunch at the La Posada Rest in Winslow, AZ and then on to Grants NM, KOA for the night. On Friday Oct 1, early departure for Albuquerque and the rendezvous point to head to the Balloon Fiesta. You will need to make your own reservations for the train/RV park in Williams.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #167
Rivet Master

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2001 30' Excella
Phoenix , Arizona
We are all set to spend the night in Grants with the caravanning group coming from the West. Will meet up in Flagstaff on the morning of the 30th.

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:49 AM   #168
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
dartboard

Well i threw a dart at my destinations board and came up with High Desert RV Park at exit 149 on IH 40 will be there the 29 and 30th....

winding my way down the coast of Calofirnia
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #169
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
It's almost that time...

The big event is almost here. This will be our 4th 4CU Balloon Rally and each one has been fantastic.

If you will be driving I-40 from the west you are welcome to join up with Jan and I as we travel to the KOA in Grants, NM on the 30th of September. We will be headed to Albuquerque the next morning for the meet up and and caravan into the Balloon Fiesta Park.

Our plan is to meet up between 9 and 10 am in the parking lot of Little America in Flagstaff, AZ. Little America is a truck stop just off of I-40 at the Butler Ave exit which is just West of I-17.

A trip across I-40 would not be complete without a stop at the La Posada Hotel in Winslow to tour the lobby and enjoy a lite lunch at our favorite restaurant in the area, the Turquoise Room. There is plenty of room to park our trailers in front of the building and I think you will enjoy the stop. The hotel owner's wife is Tina Mion and her unique artwork is displayed throughout the hotel.

Let me know if you will be on the journey and we will keep an eye out for you. We can make as many stops as people want, we are not in a hurry. If you have a FRS radio, bring it along and we can keep in touch while we travel.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #170
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
Check out the "WOW" diner in Grants. They make great donuts.....um um um.
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:50 AM   #171
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Schedule is out and I've e-mailed it to everyone!! Rock and roll!Ken
Rally
restoration rally
Old 09-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #172
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Richard & Jan

Dorothy and I will meet you two at the Little America Truck Stop.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #173
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Richard

" Our plan is to meet up between 9 and 10 am in the parking lot of Little America in Flagstaff, AZ. Little America is a truck stop just off of I-40 at the Butler Ave exit which is just West of I-17."

Richard; question, isn't Little America on Butler Ave just east of I-17?

Either way, we will be there.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #174
Rivet Master

1958 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
The big event is almost here. This will be our 4th 4CU Balloon Rally and each one has been fantastic.

If you will be driving I-40 from the west you are welcome to join up with Jan and I as we travel to the KOA in Grants, NM on the 30th of September. We will be headed to Albuquerque the next morning for the meet up and and caravan into the Balloon Fiesta Park.

Our plan is to meet up between 9 and 10 am in the parking lot of Little America in Flagstaff, AZ. Little America is a truck stop just off of I-40 at the Butler Ave exit which is just West of I-17.

A trip across I-40 would not be complete without a stop at the La Posada Hotel in Winslow to tour the lobby and enjoy a lite lunch at our favorite restaurant in the area, the Turquoise Room. There is plenty of room to park our trailers in front of the building and I think you will enjoy the stop. The hotel owner's wife is Tina Mion and her unique artwork is displayed throughout the hotel.

Let me know if you will be on the journey and we will keep an eye out for you. We can make as many stops as people want, we are not in a hurry. If you have a FRS radio, bring it along and we can keep in touch while we travel.
Sounds great, Richard. See you then.

WBCCI #5661/AIR #5661/TAC # AZ-6
4CU 1st VP

My '58 Overlander Restoration and Travel Blog:
https://mellomikesairstreams.blogspot.com/
mello mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #175
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Opps, it is just EAST of I-17...

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #176
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Good morning fellow Airstreamers,
Four of us were set up to take two Airstreams (one rented) to the balloon festival this year. However, on Sunday afternoon, I broke my leg in a bike accident and had surgery to repair the bone that day. Unfortunately, that means we won't be able to go to the balloon festival. The Airstream rental company gave our brother and his wife a year to use the money they paid. But we still have the money that we paid for our spot with the Four Corners group. If anyone would like to take our places ( $340 each), we would be thrilled! We would even be willing to give a discount of $50 each, allowing a trailer to go for $290. So there are two trailer spots available, each for $290. Is there anyone out there who would like to make a last minute trip to Albuquerque? If yes, please let us know!
Hal, Terri, Dan and Cathy
twestover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #177
Rivet Master

1958 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by twestover View Post
Good morning fellow Airstreamers,
Four of us were set up to take two Airstreams (one rented) to the balloon festival this year. However, on Sunday afternoon, I broke my leg in a bike accident and had surgery to repair the bone that day. Unfortunately, that means we won't be able to go to the balloon festival. The Airstream rental company gave our brother and his wife a year to use the money they paid. But we still have the money that we paid for our spot with the Four Corners group. If anyone would like to take our places ( $340 each), we would be thrilled! We would even be willing to give a discount of $50 each, allowing a trailer to go for $290. So there are two trailer spots available, each for $290. Is there anyone out there who would like to make a last minute trip to Albuquerque? If yes, please let us know!
Hal, Terri, Dan and Cathy
Sorry to hear that, Hal. Hopefully you can make it out next year.

WBCCI #5661/AIR #5661/TAC # AZ-6
4CU 1st VP

My '58 Overlander Restoration and Travel Blog:
https://mellomikesairstreams.blogspot.com/
mello mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #178
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
That is a really great deal - anyone? Since we are closed on our registration, and this is last minute - that is a screaming deal....

Ken J
Rally
restoration rally
Old 09-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #179
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
I will check with some friends..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
That is a really great deal - anyone? Since we are closed on our registration, and this is last minute - that is a screaming deal....

Ken J
Will check and see if they can make it...paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #180
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Anderson / Sun City , Indiana / Arizona
Generator 2' off ground

I am truly puzzled. I can't figure out how to get a 70 lb. Yamaha 2400 generator 2 feet off the ground. I have never seen anyone do this before.

I don't tow with a truck, so I don't have room to bring some large contraption with me, but even if I did, I don't know what it would be.

I appears dangerous to me to elevate a generator. The vibration caused by the motor might walk it right off an elevated platform.

Any thoughts out there? I hope I don't have to cancel because of an ordinance that I can't comply with.
Grand Master is offline   Reply With Quote