Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #141
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Very cool - we are at our max of 70 units - we always have some cancelations, so let me know if you want to join us... will see what we can do...

Just a heads up - I have deposited all of the deposit checks as of today - You should have an e-mail confirming the final group today, a couple months ago I sent an e-mail to those in the first group of checks that I deposited.

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #142
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
Very cool - we are at our max of 70 units - we always have some cancelations, so let me know if you want to join us... will see what we can do...

Just a heads up - I have deposited all of the deposit checks as of today - You should have an e-mail confirming the final group today, a couple months ago I sent an e-mail to those in the first group of checks that I deposited.

Ken J.
Ken

To whom are you directing this message? You should already have our check.
Past President, El Camino Real Unit WBCCI#6620
Street Rod Builder (see avatar)
Kite flier (check out links below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp3nuNtlZcA&t=331s
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
Jim Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #143
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Its directed to anyone who may have not recieved my confirmation e-mail - either the first time around or this time.

Ken
Rally
restoration rally
Old 06-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #144
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
OK

I just got a little nervous as your post came right after mine about our reservation in Grants. Thought that perhaps, for some reason, we got dropped from your list.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #145
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
working our way towards the festival

We are in Havre , Montana working our way to the festival...Our journey is to take us through Glacier NP, through Olympia, WA with a stay at the Lan Yacht Habor there..then we are making our way down the 101 to San Francisco and then heading south and east to arrive at the appointed time and place....

getting excited!!!!!!!
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #146
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Sounds like fun - just got back from the Rocky Mtn Vintage rally - great time - now looking forward to Balloon Rally which is coming up quick!Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 08-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #147
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Wildwood , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Is anyone coming from the east on I-40? I am coming from Memphis, TN. I will probably leave the Monday before and plan to be in Amarillo, TX on Wednesday. I was thinking of finding a place in abuequerque on Thursday or close enough to the east that it won't be to long a drive to the meeting spot on Friday morn. Felicia will be flying in and out of Albuequerque so I will be making the drive alone. Let me know if anyone want to caravan.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #148
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Our Route & Plans - I-10

We will be leaving Austin, TX Wednesday morning and traveling I-10 (south of your planned route of I-40) and staying in Davis Mountains State Park Wednesday night. Then driving in to Albuquerque on Thursday and meeting up with some other Four Corners Unit folks at Enchanted Trails RV Park Thursday night. If your plans change and you decide to take I-10 let us know and we would be happy to caravan with you.

Just curious ... why did you choose I-40 over I-10?
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #149
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Anderson / Sun City , Indiana / Arizona
First Timer Here

It's about time to start making plans to travel to Albuquerque from Indiana.

It would be helpful if us newbies got some info from those in the know. I've seen that some may stay Thurs. night at Grants KOA and others may stay at Enchanted Trails RV Park. Since I am coming from the East, Enchanted Trails makes more sense (if that is really a meeting place).

I have taken my Trade Wind to P & S to have a gray tank installed and a streetside ZipDee window awning. I have bought a Yamaha generator. My 63 has been restored and virtually all mechanicals are new. Is there anything else I should do?

Can someone post probable activities and customs. What should we expect in the way of pitch-ins, happy hours, etc.

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Mike & Mary
Grand Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #150
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Frank&mike, I will look at enchanted trails tomorrow, thanks for the tip! I am going 40 since it is a strait shot due west on 40 to Albuerquerque from Memphis where I am now.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:22 PM   #151
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Anderson / Sun City , Indiana / Arizona
Traveling I-40 Westward

Dave,

I, too, will be traveling I-40 to Albuquerque. I am still planning my start so let's stay in touch. It is very possible we could travel together. I am leaving from Anderson, IN.

I have a single axle Trade Wind so I never exceed the speed rating on the tires of 65mph. I usually drive 60 - 65 mph and 300 - 400 miles per day. I am no longer in a hurry to get anywhere.

Mike
Grand Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #152
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
I believe we will all be getting more details on meeting place, etc after Labor Day when KenJ meets with the Fiesta folks...last year we gathered at the Camping World on I-40 just west of ABQ (and right next door to Enchanted Trails RV park...that's where we will be Thursday night)...we have yet to get confirmation that we will be meeting at Camping World again this year. We have to meet somewhere large enought to handle the 70+ rigs attending...the balloon folks like us to arrive at the field together so they can park us more efficiently..so we will caravan into ABQ...it's quite the rush. We were at the rally last ...it's very laid back...there will be some pot lucks and morning coffee, etc...and happy hours, of course (!) ...most of the balloon events are in the AM and evenings, so the days are free to do whatever you want.

Some of the folks coming from the west gather at the Grants, NM KOA on Thursday night and travel to the rendezvous site the next morning. You need to make reservations at Grants KOA or Enchanted Trails if you intend to land there before the big day.

Look for more details soon from Ken!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #153
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Yup - that is all correct - you all will be hearing a lot from me after I talk to the fiesta folks after Labor Day Weekend - soooo stay tuned!

I have a few who had not paid their final payment, I will be notifying those soon - we can't promise any refunds after Labor Day Weekend.

I may be able to take a couple of very last minute folks, but after Labor Day weekend we will not be able to take any more sign ups..

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 08-31-2010, 11:36 PM   #154
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Mike,

Sounds great. I will send you my tentative plans tomorrow. I have them at work on my computer. The milage and speed are exactly what I do. Never more than 65 mph.

My only planned stop is in amarillo, tx at an rv park right off of 40 to visit some friends. Other than that I was going to plan stuff out next week.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #155
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
Yup - that is all correct - you all will be hearing a lot from me after I talk to the fiesta folks after Labor Day Weekend - soooo stay tuned!

I have a few who had not paid their final payment, I will be notifying those soon - we can't promise any refunds after Labor Day Weekend.

I may be able to take a couple of very last minute folks, but after Labor Day weekend we will not be able to take any more sign ups..

Ken J.
Ken,
Mike Fitz stopped by here yesterday, and was hoping he could get in...he's at South Mineral Campground...I will run out there and tell him, if you have an opening...mike
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #156
Lyle & Margie

2008 28' International CCD
Lakeside , California
Ken

Last year, there was a fellow at the Fiesta who did work on various AS's. Is he going to be there again this year? I have a little project I'd like to talk about with him. If so could you have him contact me.

Lyle & Margie
BAB BMRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #157
Lyle & Margie

2008 28' International CCD
Lakeside , California
Fiesta plans.

Charlie & Dorothy

Have you finalized your plans yet? We've been on our way to Albq for 3 1/2 weeks now, with a few side trips. A week in Hamilton MT and 1 1/2 weeks in Glacier NP (east & west sides). We're now in Yellowstone & Teton NP's. Next week we'll be at Mt. Rushmore. Etc, etc, etc.....

We stopped in Las Vegas, at the Oasis RV Park. You had recommended it on another thread. Great place to stop.

We'll be approaching Albq from the Northeast. So we've booked the 30th at Enchanted Trails. See you on the 1st.

Lyle & Margie
BAB BMRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #158
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Lynn and I are very excited about this, our first, Balloon Fiesta.

After talking with Ken J at Salida, we are looking forward, not only to the balloons, but perhaps some kite flying, wind and space permitting.

What do you think, Ken, should folks bring their kites?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #159
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
I-40 trip plans

Mike,

Here are my plans:
Date Day Depart Arrive Miles Drive time
28-Sep Tuesday Memphis, TN Henryetta, OK 391 6.1
29-Sep Wednesday Henryetta, OK Amarillo, TX 350 5.7
30-Sep Thursday Amarillo, TX Albuquerque, NM 288 4.5
1-Oct Friday Albuquerque, NM Rally Point
2-Oct Saturday Rally
3-Oct Sunday Rally
4-Oct Monday Albuquerque, NM Amarillo, TX 288 4.5
5-Oct Tuesday Amarillo, TX Henryetta, OK 350 5.7
6-Oct Wednesday Henryetta, OK Memphis, TN 391 6.1

The Thursday before the rally and the Monday after are easy drive days to allow a little flex. I haven't made any reservations yet, just picked out towns that matched my distance/times per day. I am totally flexible so let me know if you want to build in more time. I will PM you with my e-mail and cell #
Old 09-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #160
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB BMRZ View Post
Charlie & Dorothy

Have you finalized your plans yet? We've been on our way to Albq for 3 1/2 weeks now, with a few side trips. A week in Hamilton MT and 1 1/2 weeks in Glacier NP (east & west sides). We're now in Yellowstone & Teton NP's. Next week we'll be at Mt. Rushmore. Etc, etc, etc.....

We stopped in Las Vegas, at the Oasis RV Park. You had recommended it on another thread. Great place to stop.

We'll be approaching Albq from the Northeast. So we've booked the 30th at Enchanted Trails. See you on the 1st.

Lyle & Margie
Lyle & Margie; Yes, our plans are to stop at Williams, AZ, two nights and train ride to Grand Canyon. Then on to Grants NM the night prior to heading into the Balloon Fiesta. Looking forward to seeing you two.