Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #81
1 Rivet Member

1999 19' Bambi
Fort Worth , Texas
I would like to attend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
It looks like the next (3rd Texas State) Vintage Rally will be at Braunig Lake RV Park just south of San Antonio from Feb 4 to Feb 8, 2009. I’m going down Tuesday for a face-to-face with the RV Park Rally Coordinator and should have a contract ready to sign when our unit approves our plans at our early March rally.

We had 83 rigs at this year’s rally and I requested 100 sites for 2009. We hope the more central location will help build attendance and the more southern location will help temper any cold snaps.

We will stick pretty close to the formula that has worked well over our previous vintage rallies. Lots of seminars, happy hours, very little structure. As in our previous vintage rallies, WBCCI membership is not a requirement for attendance and Airstreams of any year are welcome..

We had a unit rally at Braunig Lake several years ago, so we already have a good leg up on local attractions and choosing caterers.
I have a 1998 Bambi that I am remodeling and would like to attend. What do I need to do to make a reservation?
A.L. Mayfiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #82
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
It is close to being an Airstream

If I keep at it I may have the Curtis Wright,(Spock) presentable. Can I come as a Vintage?.....or should I bring the Caravel (Molly)? Regardless, sign me up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pair of Oldies.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	70190  
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #83
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
soldiermedic, we will arrange for you to do a demonstration early in the rally schedule and make certain that the demonstration is listed on the rally schedule.

A.L. Mayfiel, there are a number of ways to do this, but the easiest to explain is for you to contact Elaine Jackson, our registrar for this rally at elain@gaj.com . She will send you a rally brochure which has a registration application in it. Complete the application and return. It is that simple. Other ways would be to click on the 2009 Texas Vintage Rally link at the bottom of the portal page on this forum and follow the links to the application form, print it off, complete it, and return it. A third way would be to go to the WBCCI website, click on Regions, click on Region 9, arrow down to the Texas Vintage Rally link, click on the photgraph, click on the application form, print it off, complete it and return it to Elaine Jackson.
Melody Ranch, bring either trailer. You can be a part of the whole rally experience if you bring the Caravel and it is the one I would bring if I were you. With it, you would be parked with the vintage units and you'd be eligible to enter the judging and be judged along with participation in the concourse de elegance. Bring the Curtis Wright and we would be happy to let you exhibit it as an "exhibition only" trailer since it isn't an Airstream and we couldn't put it into competition with the Airstreams onsite at an "Airstream only" event, but your trailer has great historical significance for Airstream enthusiasts. Whatever you decide is great with us and we would look forward to seeing you.

Should you decide to attend, and we hope you do, we only have 104 sites reserved that will be all together. We may be able to park any additonal trailers on other sites in the park, but they would not be parked with the Airstream units. They would be mixed in with other brands of trailers here and there about the park on an as available basis. The reason I bring this up is that I was adding up all the names of those who have sent in their applications already or who I feel will send them in within the next few days as they have aggreed to judge, chair various aspects of the rally, volunteer or be presenters of the various seminars and I already can count 63 of the available spots taken at this early date. For that reason, you might want to make your decision as early as possible. Again, we have only 104 sites reserved and it appears as if this is going to be one great rally.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:34 PM   #84
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohillgrish View Post
A.L. Mayfiel, there are a number of ways to do this, but the easiest to explain is for you to contact Elaine Jackson, our registrar for this rally at elain@gaj.com . She will send you a rally brochure which has a registration application in it. Complete the application and return. It is that simple. Other ways would be to click on the 2009 Texas Vintage Rally link at the bottom of the portal page on this forum and follow the links to the application form, print it off, complete it, and return it. A third way would be to go to the WBCCI website, click on Regions, click on Region 9, arrow down to the Texas Vintage Rally link, click on the photgraph, click on the application form, print it off, complete it and return it to Elaine Jackson.

Should you decide to attend, and we hope you do, we only have 104 sites reserved that will be all together. We may be able to park any additonal trailers on other sites in the park, but they would not be parked with the Airstream units. They would be mixed in with other brands of trailers here and there about the park on an as available basis. The reason I bring this up is that I was adding up all the names of those who have sent in their applications already or who I feel will send them in within the next few days as they have aggreed to judge, chair various aspects of the rally, volunteer or be presenters of the various seminars and I already can count 63 of the available spots taken at this early date. For that reason, you might want to make your decision as early as possible. Again, we have only 104 sites reserved and it appears as if this is going to be one great rally.
GStephens
G,
I just registered on the thread and sent an e-mail to Elaine as you suggested to see what else I need to do. Save me one of those 104 spots. This appears to be shaping up as a great rally, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.[/quote]
Old 10-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #85
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
If I keep at it I may have the Curtis Wright,(Spock) presentable. Can I come as a Vintage?.....or should I bring the Caravel (Molly)? Regardless, sign me up.
Bozeman, MT 2008, a Curtis Wright with a vintage pickup. Neat set up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_2800 a.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	70241  
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:36 AM   #86
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
I'm looking right now

yThat combo is great. I am looking for a Vintage tow Veh. everyday. It looks like a new Duramax would be cheaper.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 AM   #87
2 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
Cleveland , Texas
Wow, what a picture. Great setup with an ERRIE sky.
Eliminator46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:56 AM   #88
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminator46 View Post
Wow, what a picture. Great setup with an ERRIE sky.
Here's a different view of the CW at Bozeman.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	jds (86).jpg
Views:	145
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	70316  
Old 10-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #89
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephens View Post
Melody Ranch, bring either trailer. You can be a part of the whole rally experience if you bring the Caravel and it is the one I would bring if I were you. With it, you would be parked with the vintage units and you'd be eligible to enter the judging and be judged along with participation in the concourse de elegance. Bring the Curtis Wright and we would be happy to let you exhibit it as an "exhibition" trailer since it isn't an Airstream and we couldn't put it into competition with the Airstreams onsite at an "Airstream only" event, but your trailer has great historical significance for Airstream enthusiasts. Whatever you decide is great with us and we would look forward to seeing you.
GStephens
Hi GStephens: My understanding from talking to staff at WBCCI HQ in Jackson Center a few years ago is that all Curtis-Wright trailers qualify their owners to become full WBCCI members because their trailers were designed by Wally after WW II before he revived Airstream in Spring 1947. There would be no need to treat a Curtis-Wright any different than any Airstream, as shown by the Curtis-Wright Clipper that attended the WBCCI International Rally in Bozeman, MT this past summer. Although Curtis-Wright trailers qualify their owners for membership, that privilege was lost when Curtis-Wright was liquidated in April 1949 and its assets were purchased by new owners who incorporated Silver Streak Trailers. That's one step too far removed from Wally, so ownership of a Silver Streak trailer does not qualify one for WBCCI membership. I hope this clarifies things a bit.
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:14 AM   #90
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
Bozeman, MT 2008, a Curtis Wright with a vintage pickup. Neat set up.
I know that CW trailer participated in the Concours d'elegance and won high recognition. I don't recall if it won "Best Tow Vehicle/Trailer Combo" or not, I think it did - or it came in second to the 1937 Cadillac/1963+/- Tradewind Combo. Both were FANTASTIC and well deserving!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #91
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Thank you for the information. I was aware of Wally's link to Curtis Wright, but not aware that the Curtis Wright qualified for the WBCCI and the Vintage Airstream Club membership. I was under the impression that only units manufctured by Airstream were approved for club membership and for inclusion in judging events. Again, thank you so much.

There you have it Melody Ranch staight from the past President of the VAC. Bring either of your trailers to the Texas Vintage Rally and they will both be eligible to be included in all aspects of the rally including the judging events. I am most greatful that this issue was cleared up at this early date and didn't arise after the rally started. That would have been so embarrasing for me personally. Again, thank you Shari and thanks to Pee Wee for his part in bringing this issue up through the posting of his pictures.

GStephens
Old 10-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #92
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephens View Post
Thank you for the information. Again, thank you Shari and thanks to Pee Wee for his part in bringing this issue up through the posting of his pictures.

GStephens
Thanks to Fred too, as VAC Historian he brought this up directly w/WBCCI long before it came up in Bozeman...

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:54 PM   #93
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Thanks to all

I now have a new enthusiasm to get the 47 up to speed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	47 Curtis Wright arriving.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	70354  
Old 10-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #94
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
I now have a new enthusiasm to get the 47 up to speed.
I can't wait to see it! Our registration form is in the mail.
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Overlander & Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #95
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Crosby , Texas
Hi neighbor.
Thanks for the tip on the oven. Get the "Silver Belly" road ready and you can go with us. We are leaving on Thursday of that week. I need to get it in gear and get that oven polished and put in. See you around the hardware store. Sound like there is going to be alot of fun great trailers to compete with this year. See you around.
dghaas 9272
dghaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:17 AM   #96
2 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
Cleveland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
Here's a different view of the CW at Bozeman.
Again, another great picture.

A quick question, does your awning just slide into the rail above the door, and do you roll this up and remove for transport? I have a rail with no other mechanical arms or hardware and I am thinking of fabing a similar type of awning. Is this a "for sale" item somewhere or did you make it yourself?
Ok, a couple of quick questions. Sorry to get off subject.
Thanks
Adam
Eliminator46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:56 AM   #97
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Not my CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminator46 View Post
Again, another great picture.

A quick question, does your awning just slide into the rail above the door, and do you roll this up and remove for transport? I have a rail with no other mechanical arms or hardware and I am thinking of fabing a similar type of awning. Is this a "for sale" item somewhere or did you make it yourself?
Ok, a couple of quick questions. Sorry to get off subject.
Thanks
Adam
Adam,

I don't know. The owner will have to answer this. I just took the pics. Ask Fred!

Pee Wee
Old 10-28-2008, 09:54 AM   #98
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
47WeeWind, I do thank you Fred and am so sorry for the oversight. For some reason, I thought Shari posted both the information in her post and that of yours, which was not the case.

Fred, let me take this opportunity to thank you not only for this bit of wisdom, but for the many, many things you've done over the years to advance our understanding of the history of our Airstreams and your contributions to the VAC in general.

I wish we could offer this rally at some other time of the year so that you, Shari and others might be better be able to attend, but this is the only time of year that we can do this for a variety of reasons. Perhaps someday we can entice you to get your Airstream out of storage in late January and head this way for one of our Texas Vintage Rallies. I had so hoped to have both you and Pee Wee here at the same time, but it was not to be.

GStephens
Old 11-03-2008, 06:05 AM   #99
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Smile Leak Pressure Test

Hey, Steve, James and I worked on our A/S over the warm weekend to seal all the leaks. We plan on seeing you at the Texas Rally in Feb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
I am considering coming to this rally to offer leak testing with my Seal Tech pressure tester. I would likely only be there 2-3 days, and may fly in to avoid driving. I have an offer to stay with another rally attendee.

I have contacted GStephens about it, and don't want to being it up much in case I am acting too much like a solicitor.

Hopefully...it will all work out!!!

Steve
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:53 AM   #100
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
CJ of Okla, did Steve leak test your trailer while you were at the Branson Rally so that you would know where your leaks were? On another note, Whitsend is beside himself that you decided to come down for this rally.
GStephens