Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #41
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I am considering coming to this rally to offer leak testing with my Seal Tech pressure tester. I would likely only be there 2-3 days, and may fly in to avoid driving. I have an offer to stay with another rally attendee.

I have contacted GStephens about it, and don't want to being it up much in case I am acting too much like a solicitor.

Hopefully...it will all work out!!!

Steve
Old 09-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #42
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Utee94, I don't see how a gaping hole in the back would be problematic for anyone but the most hardcore perfectionist purist. As an Aggie, it is what I would expect from a Longhorn. I, for one, am really looking forward to meeting you as are Jim "Whitsend" Whitworth and John "Pahaska" Irwin. In case we haven't said so before, there is no requirement that you open your trailer for visitation during the open house to be held on Saturday. Just close your door and go looking at all the other trailers. No problem.

soldiermedic, I really enjoyed our conversation and hope that we can generate enough interest in your services to encourage you to come down and test our trailers for leaks. As we discussed, I made four phone calls to members of our Texas Vintage Rally Planning Committee and received two replies of "definitely" and two replies of "probably" so that is four tests already in the affirmative category just from our Rally Planning Committee members. As we discussed, we are having a rally next week and I'll poll the unit's attendees as to any interest and get back to you. Maybe we can extrapolate interest from that representative population.

Any forum members planning to attend, if you might be interested in having your trailer leak tested while attending this rally, post here and let us know so that we might better advise Steve on whether to make the investment in coming and bringing his equipment to the rally. Steve pressurizes your trailer, sprays soapy water over the trailer and tests it for leaks where water would enter the trailer. If bubbles appear there is a leak. He marks the spot with tape or wax pencil and then either effects repairs himself or allows you to repair your trailer yourself upon your return home. This is equipment that not many dealers have and I would think would be a valuable asset to the rally participants, but I don't want to encourage Steve to come and then have him fail to at least earn enough to pay for his plane ticket. What say you? Anyone interested in this service while attending the Texas Vintage Rally?

GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #43
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
GStephens,

Nice talking to you today, and thanks for the plug of my service. If anyone has questions they can PM me or ask them here. I am in the middle of finishing up my new website RoVing Resources. It looks great on PC, but MAC users may have a few issues. I have forum web guru vswingfiled working on it for me, and I will have it fixed soon.

Again...thanks for the plug.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:40 PM   #44
1 Rivet Member

Some members of the Planning committee were together this weekend and the excitement is growing. It was noted that since several WBCCI units were coming as a group, it would be a good idea to get your registrations in because we are limited to 104 spaces. All units in Region 9 have been invited and now we find out that our Public Relations Chairman is planning on attempting to Advertising this rally in the Texas Monthly and Texas Reporter. The Hype is beginning to take affect. See you in San Antonio Feb 4-8.

Fischman
fischman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #45
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Ozark , Missouri
Texas Vintage Rally-SanAntonio

Gayland, John

I have the dates on my calendar and will be making the reservations for the 3rd annual Vintage Rally on Monday. The Argosy will be ready to Fiesta!

JB
J&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I have just spoken with Gayland, and will be booking to provide vendor services for the rally.

Steve
Old 10-06-2008, 05:46 AM   #47
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
John Baker
I was at NTAC yesterday and saw your Argosy. What a trailer! Looking so forward to seeing the two of you at the Vintage Rally. Its been a couple of years now.

GStephens
Old 10-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #48
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Zip code problem

The form that was up on the Region 9 website had the wrong zip code (came to me that way). I corrected it today. If you printed a form before today, the correct zip code is 78758.

Some mail gets through with the wrong zip code, but at least one registration was returned to sender,
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:45 PM   #49
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Question

I had this feeling that I couldn't shake that there had been more than 2 previous Vintage Rallys in Texas.
So I dug back and find that in 2006 yall had one at McKinney Falls State Park.
Look here >>> http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289...-tx-18341.html <<<
Anyhow congrats on #3 or #4 coming up. Hope I can get by this time.
~~~~~~~
BTW is there any connection between the Vintage and the annual Blanco Christmas Rally?
Do most of the same folk attend both? I would like to meet Peter H. (motorhome)..do they usually attend both?

In fact, unless yall consider it an invasion of privacy or some such, I would like to suggest a manifest of who signs up posted occasionally. I noticed where some of the other Rallys around the country do that, and it might entice others to come to meet some they have known from the forums if they see their names down.
Just a thought, not a game changer.
=============================================
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:49 AM   #50
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantdrummer View Post
I had this feeling that I couldn't shake that there had been more than 2 previous Vintage Rallys in Texas.
So I dug back and find that in 2006 yall had one at McKinney Falls State Park.
~~~~~~~
BTW is there any connection between the Vintage and the annual Blanco Christmas Rally?
Do most of the same folk attend both? I would like to meet Peter H. (motorhome)..do they usually attend both?

In fact, unless yall consider it an invasion of privacy or some such, I would like to suggest a manifest of who signs up posted occasionally.
=============================================
This is our fifth vintage rally. The first was held at Myron Fischer's home and drew about 20-25 rigs. Then, there was the McKinney Falls rally, followed by two rallies at Montgomery. Each one has been bigger than the last and we hope, this time, to fill all 104 slots that we have reserved.

There is no connection with the annual Xmas rally. Some folks do come to both rallies. Peter H. did come to the first vintage rally and may have been at McKinney Falls. He did not come to Montgomery.

Forum members can indicate they are coming by going to "Upcoming Rallies" on the Quick Links at the left of the page, clicking on our rally, and signing up there. So far, only about 5 have signed up. I'll consider posting a list of attendees here as the event draws closer.

Our registrar tells me that reservations are starting to come in.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:40 AM   #51
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
It gets confusing very quick. Folks post here on the forums using their "handle" such a 87MH, Pahaska, GStephens, Whitsend, utee94, TomW, Artstream, fishman, johnbaker, soldiermedic or Peter H, but when they sign up for the rally, they use their own names. As John says, we can publish a list of attendees from time to time, but we may not know which ones are forum members or what their "handles" are until the rally. Fortunately, a number of us would recognize many of the names and be able to associate those names with their forum "handles." In the list above, for instance, we know who each of those folks are and all have either swent in their registration forms or have indicated they will be attending with the exception of Peter H whom we have not yet heard from. We'll certainly do what we can to honor your request for information.
GStephens
Old 10-18-2008, 10:17 AM   #52
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
We will be attending ... registration and money mailed a few weeks ago. We are Marvin and Annie Fisher.... aka Happercampers
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
GStephens said "What say you? Anyone interested in this service while attending the Texas Vintage Rally?"

I'm certainly planning on getting my 2003 Classic tested! What a great opportunity - to find out if I have leaks that have not shown up yet, but could very well be rotting out my sub-floor. I sure hope Steve can make the trip! 2003 may be a "new'ish" trailer, but leaks can begin at any time and are best to catch early on.

We're also really excited about the vintage rally in February in San Antonio. These rallys are always well attended, LOTS of vintage trailers to view and get ideas from, GREAT seminars. Basically LOTS OF FUN!!

Jim & Judi
Old 10-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #54
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
In reading back on past Tex-Vin Rallys I saw that phabulus-phriendly-phamus-phred was scheduled to philosiphize at one of 'em.
Did phred show up? Did he phly in? Was he phun or did he phlop?
How was he recieved? Will he be back?
Where does ol'phred live? Philly, Phrance, or Phlugerville Texas?
Oh and is he a member of this phorum?

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:21 PM   #55
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I am here on the last night of my Branson rally and we have several folks that are interested in attending. We did a pressure test today, and I will be retesting their rig to make sure the repairs hold up over the next few months.

Jim...your fridge, and a shelf for John Baker is on the way to Oklahoma tomorrow.

Steve
Old 10-19-2008, 05:24 AM   #56
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Steve - Thanks for your kind note. Ummm - sent out at 11:21 pm - Could ya'll have been having some fun being up that late?? Who won the chili cookoff? I'm dying to learn what Armadillo eggs are 'n taste like . . . We sooo wished we could have been there.

Re the fridge - If you will - Tell CJ that my Judi has an unexpected appointment at the liver clinic on this coming Thursday, so we'll need to leave here for Oklahoma on Monday rather than later (I'd promised to give them a day or so to recover from the rally before I arrived) and we plan to arrive up there Monday afternoon'ish.

Re John Baker's shelf - If they want, I can bring it back here for him, and he can either pick it up here, or - my unit is having a rally Nov. 13th and I can easily enough give the shelf to either Jim Haddaway or Jerry Larson who can bring it up to NTAC for him if he wishes. His choice.

I think you have my home phone if anyone wants to call.

My best regards to you & your wife Steve. You sound like a great parent & husband & military medic - and a great Airstreamer!! In this period of transition, our club needs more folks with youth & enthusiasm.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:17 AM   #57
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Jim,

I was up late converting photos to post on my leak test thread and on the Branson Rally thread.

If you wouldn't mind, just arrange with John how the shelf will get to him since I don't know his schedule. He has waited six months for this shelf, so it isn't something that is a dire need to deliver immediately, but whenever someone can get it to him (WBCCI meeting/rally, NTAC, etc).

Going outside to load your fridge...it's cold.

Steve
Old 10-19-2008, 07:25 AM   #58
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephens View Post
Distantdrummer, the open house and most everything else is optional. You certainly don't have to open up your trailer to the public although every year there are trailers in pretty much all states of repair from as found to fully restored. You may come in just for the open house totally free of charge on Saturday afternoon or you may opt to attend one or more days in order to attend various activities including some outstanding seminars and will be charged accordingly. I feel we are offering a great value.
SCHEDULED SEMINARS
Trailer wiring
Frame repair
Insulation installation
Tongue extension fabrication
Axle replacement and/or upgrade
sub floor repair/replacement
Gray and black tank installation
Polishing techniques
Interior panel and furniture removal
Riveting options
Period correct appliances and cabinets
sourcing of period correct parts
History of Airstream, vintage Caravans, and airstream’s founder, Wally Byam
Additional seminars covering a variety of subjects to be scheduled
Concourse d’Elegance
Peoples Choice Award
Judging of Participants
Awards Presentations
Expecting Over 100 Trailers.
Come Join Us

Parking fees of only $23 per day or $92 + Rally fees of $40 per person and/or $15 per child for an actual cost/day of only $33. Receive a $5 discount if received before Jan 1st. To register, contact Elaine Jackson, phone: 512-832-5663 or email @ elaine@gaj.com . Make checks payable to Texas Vintage Airstream Rally
Gulfport, MS to San Antonio, TX, 600 miles. That's one long day towing. But, it sounds like it will be a great rally with a lot of vintage units and great seminars. I'm thinking........................
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Overlander & Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:49 AM   #59
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Distantdrummer, we hope to see you there this year. Happycampers (Marvin and Annie) Welcome! all the way from Ontario! Last year we had participants from Alberta. You Canadians are awesome! Overlander & Sea (Rick) hope to see you as well. We understand that Herb Spies, Vintage Airstream Club President will be attending from Florida and that 12-15 units are coming from the New Orleans unit. It would be neat if you could all hook up together and caravan into the rally together.
GStephens
Old 10-19-2008, 07:54 AM   #60
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Good morning... We will be going to Texas via Florida , Tin Can Rally and the Airstream park in Zavalla. Has anyone been there? Looking forward to the rally..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote