Old 12-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #113
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Who's a VIP?

"There won't be any sites reserved for a VIP section or any such thing. Mr. Pat McDowell, ............"

This is the exact attitude that kills such a great group. There should NEVER be a VIP grouping in the Vintage gatherings.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #114
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Arriving early

We will be coming in Sun, Feb 1.. looking forward to seeing everyone..

WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #115
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Alvin , Texas
"There should NEVER be a VIP grouping in the Vintage gatherings."
---
This could be a deal breaker for my 6 year old daughter. Nobody tell ok?

Old 12-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #116
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Melody Ranch and 78GussyTx
Whoa! I thought that was what I said. There won't be a VIP section or any special parking privilages for anyone other than those few who are disabled and those who may not have an operating bathroom in their trailer. Those trailers will be parked within the vintage section as close as possible to the recreation hall where bathrooms are located.

We also plan on parking PEE WEE's vintage trailer near the center of the Vintage section to better enable everyone who might want to visit with him or ask him any questions about Airstream history to easily do so throughout the rally.

Finally, the '54 Flying Cloud trailer that will be used to demonstrate various restoration techniques will also be parked somewhere near the Vintage section, but this trailer will not need to be at a site with utilities. We are hoping that we can find an area near the Vintage trailers to park this trailer, but it may be that putting it in one of the parking lots would be a better idea. We'll see. We just need to find an area with a larger grassy or paved area where folks can gather around the trailer during the seminars. Those will be the only "special parking" that will be provided.

Please take note! I hate to beat a dead horse, but for those who have said they intend to come to this rally and have not yet sent in their registrations, you might want to do so. As of yesterday there were 83 sites of the 104 sites we've reserved taken. There are 18 forums members on that list of 83 who have said they were coming through posts on the forums, through phone calls or in private messages with me that have not yet registered. Every day we are receiving 3-5 more registrations. We've asked for additonal sites, but thus far have not been given any by the RV Park. It would probably behoove everyone interested in coming, to go ahead and reserve your sites now by registering. If for some reason anyone registers and then is unable to attend, we will issue full refunds. That won't be a problem, but I just hate to see someone be planning on attending and then find out at the last minute that there are no more spaces available. Contact Elaine@gaj.com to request a registration form.

Anyone who earlier contacted me requesting I hold a site that may have now decided they cannot attend should also contact me so that your site may be released to others.

Thanking everyone in advance,

GStephens
Old 12-14-2008, 04:06 PM   #117
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
...If for some reason anyone registers and then is unable to attend, we will issue full refunds.
GStephens[/quote]

This was one of the main reasons I decided not to go. With the weather unpredictable in Missouri that time of year, I didn't want to lose out on my $$ if I couldn't attend. I am glad others know now.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:52 PM   #118
Rivet Master

2008 27' International CCD FB
Boerne, TX / , Evergreen, CO
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia Send a message via Skype™ to Westfalia
I too will have to bow out of this one. I recently trailered to the San Antonio area (Boerne) for Thanksgiving and decided that twice in a little over two months is too much for two kids under the age of three. I forgot how long that drive was.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:47 AM   #119
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
I wish you guys could schedule an event close to our area in Texarkana...Texarkana residents DO own a lot of AS's as well as our surrounding areas....I would appreciate your help in this matter as it seems as though we are always left out!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #120
1 Rivet Member

We are looking forward to the Vintage Rally in Feb 4-8, 2009. We have a 2004 Airstream but truly enjoy the Vintage. I had a 24 Argosy , 1973 model years ago and truly enjoyed it. To me that had a lot of quality built in and you knew it was an Airstream Product.

Fischman
Old 12-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
I guess I am signed up?

I got the canceled check for my registration. Looking forward to the shindig.
I passed by the park site on the way to South Padre yesterday....and am looking forward to Feb. Even though I love San Antonio (you will too) I have major reservations about the choice of this particular site. Texas has many beautiful places, I'd like to show off, for such an event....like last year. This one is "iffy" with the power plants adjacent, the condition of the lake...and surroundings.. regardless, this will be one not to miss.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:06 AM   #122
4 Rivet Member

I guess that I am signed up also?

This will be my first rally to attend so please excuse my ignorance but will we receive some sort of confirmation?
Old 12-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #123
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Vernon, you and Joni are signed up. You will receive rally information in the mail hopefully within the next few weeks. We had held off sending anything out because we wanted to include a tentative schedule of events and were waiting for a couple of seminars to firm up. My understanding from the committee chairmen in charge of registration and seminars is that they are now about ready to begin sending that information out to you though I suspect due to Christmas its receipt will be delayed somewhat. We've been trying to save as much money and postage as possible in order to offer the most bang for your bucks without affecting the overall quality of the rally. We aren't trying to make any money out of this rally, but we don't want to loose much either.
Please be sure you spend some time with me while at the rally. I'd like to get to know everyone.
GStephens
Old 12-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #124
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Please do not mail ours out to Ontario... we are not there but in Fla... leaving here Dec 28 and on the road... can it be emailed?? Thanks
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:28 PM   #125
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
I RELAYED YOUR REQUEST TO OUR REGISTRAR.
GStephens
Old 12-21-2008, 08:40 PM   #126
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Alvin , Texas
Hi Gayland, I guess we were wondering about confirmation too. We weren't sure if you had our contact info. We do hope to attend, and I emailed Elaine under my personal emails address, SRK2000@aol.com.

Regards,

Steve