Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #101
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Leak Test

Yes our trailer was the one Steve tested for leaks. Wasn't bad for a 39 year old A/S. As we had put all new seals on all the windows they were tight. There was bubbles around the bottom of the front door, possiable the door is warped? Lots of bubbles out of the tail lights, don't think we can fix that. James is talking about changing out the light with LED. If he does that maybe we can seal behind the cans. All the running lights made bubbles, they are sealed on the top but the old O-ring that wraps around the wiring is probably wore out. We will have to unrivet all the lights and Vulkem those O-rings to seal the hole. There was one leak on the front right hand corner where we had removed the old awning, but other than that she did pretty good. Steve said if we would bring our A/S to Texas he would test her again to see if we missed any places.

We enjoyed meeting Whitsend and his wife. Showed off our American Bashkir Curly Horses. Our horses are just starting to put on their winter coats. Before long they will look like horses with poodle coats.

I have to get in gear and send in my reg for the Rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephens View Post
CJ of Okla, did Steve leak test your trailer while you were at the Branson Rally so that you would know where your leaks were? On another note, Whitsend is beside himself that you decided to come down for this rally.
GStephens
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #102
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Thanks for identifying the type of horse flesh that you raise. Jim couldn't remember to save his life what breed you raise when he tried to tell me about them. Bring some pictures if you wouldn't mind. I'd like to see their pictures. I've had Hancock bred Quarter Horses all my life. My brother breeds and raises mules and Quarter horses. He currently has over 100. I've sold most of mine so that I can travel. It is difficult to travel and have livestock back home. Competent help is virtually impossible to find. Looking forward to spending some time with you at the Vintage Rally.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:24 AM   #103
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
As not everyone is posting their intention to attend the 2009 Texas Vintage Rally in the rally thread or on the Rally anouncement thread at the bottom of the portal page, I am posting a current list of likely attendees. As of today, we have the following forums attendees and probable attendees based on phone calls, emails and posts to this thread:
Likely Attendees
fyrzowt (CALIFORNIA FORUMS MEMBER)
TomW (NORMAL, ALABAMA FORUMS MEMBER)(PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT)
njoysrvn (FORUMS MEMBER-WILL LIKELY ATTEND WITHOUT RV)
njoysrvn likely attendees
Westphalia likely attendees
rluhrr (Rich Luhr, Airstream Life Owner, Editor and Publisher) (Phoenix, Arizona forums member)
More or less Confirmed Attendees
John Baker (
DALLAS, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER) (PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT)(NTU)(HAS SUBMITTED REGISTRATION)
eharve Harvey Craig (THLU)(TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER) (HAS SUBMITTED REGISTRATION)
fischman Myron Fischer (THLU)(VINTAGE RALLY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER)(FORUMS MEMBER)
pienjim James Haddox (THLU)(PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT) (TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
Pahaska John Irwin (THLU)(PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT) (EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER)(TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
Jimark Jimmy Mooney (NTU)(THLU MEMBER)(STEPHENVILLE, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER) (PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT)
Grannyred Ken Sands (THCU MEMBERSHIP CHAIR AND 2ND VP OF REGION 9)(TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
GStephens Gayland Stephens (THLU)(PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT) (EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER)(HAMILTON, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
Pee Wee Pee Wee Schwamborn (4CU)(SEMINAR PRESENTER)(ARIZONA FORUMS MEMBER)
Whitsend Jim Whitworth (THLU)(WIMBERLY,TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)(PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT)
utee94 (AUSTIN TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)(FIRST NAME IS MARCUS)
Distantdrummer (FORUMS MEMBER)
vhord (VERNON AND JOANIE HORD, CROSBY,TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER; HAS SENT IN APPLICATION)
Overlander & Sea (GULFPORT, MISSISSIPPI FORUMS MEMBER)(RICK & JJ)
Artstream (FULLTIMER FORUMS MEMBER) (PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT)(VENDOR)
monique (SAN ANTONIO FORUMS MEMBER)(FIRST NAME IS TODD)
phoenix491 (FT. WORTH, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
Rick56Safari (LAKEWOOD, WASHINGTON FORUMS MEMBER) (RICK AND JOANNA, FIRST NAMES)
soldiermedic (VENDOR-LEAK TESTING) (FIRST NAME IS STEVE) (WE’RE PROVIDING FREE MEALS)(O’FALLON, MISSOURI FORUMS MEMBER)(WILL STAY WITH WHITWORTH)
Happycampers (PETERBOROUGH, ONTARIO FORUMS MEMBER)(MARVIN AND ANNIE FISHER)
Eliminator46 (CLEVELAND, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER) (FIRST NAME IS ADAM)
SteveH (SAN ANTONIO FORUMS MEMBER)(NEW TEXAS ALAMO UNIT MEMBER)
CJ of Okla (FORUMS MEMBER)(FIRST NAMES, JAMES AND CAROLYN)(REGISTRATION FORM HAS BEEN SUBMITTED)
extiger (FORUMS MEMBER)(ATTENDED LAST YEAR) (REGISTRATION FORM HAS BEEN SUBMITTED)
Westphalia (FORUMS MEMBER)
A.L.Mayfiel (Ft. Worth, Texas FORUMS MEMBER)(REGISTRATION FORM HAS BEEN SUBMITTED)
Melody Ranch (VALLEY VIEW, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
nohillgrish (SPRINGFIELD, MO. FORUMS MEMBER)(REGISTRATION FORM HAS BEEN SUBMITTED)
dghass (CROSBY, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
TUDO BEM (Gene and Kathy Blanchard) (THLU and TEXAS FORUMS MEMBERS)
Old 11-05-2008, 11:16 AM   #104
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
I've already received a private message from 87MH pointing out that I had neglected to list him in the preceeding list as an attendee when he had submitted his registration weeks ago. It was an oversight on my part, plain and simple. Is there anyone else out there who is planning to attend that I've overlooked and failed to list above?
GStephens
Old 11-06-2008, 08:53 AM   #105
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Dakota Skipper, thanks for the information that you have mailed your registration. I now have you down on my list of forums members attending. Thanks again.
GStephens
Old 11-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #106
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
The organizers of this rally just met and reviewed various aspects of the upcoming Texas Vintage Rally. Several things stood out.

The final catered meal (one of three) has been arranged. It will consist of Bar-B-Que brisket and sausage, German style potatoe salad, brown beans and all the trimmings. The other two meals will be a Louisiana Cajun meal prepared by Vince Saltafamaggio and Tom Beebe, both highly skilled culinary artists and the third meal will be ham served with side dishes in a pot luck format.

We have arranged for a cash bar during the rally which should prove to be a popular new addition to this rally.

It is certainly time to begin sending in your registrations for this rally as existing sites are filling fast. In addition to the 42 WBCCI members who have either sent in their registrations or have requested that a site be saved for them from the various Texas Units and the New Orleans unit, we now believe we have 35 participants just from the forums already signed up or advising that they are in the process of sending in their registrations with an additional four more who state they are likely to attend making a total of 39 potential airstream forums members at this rally. That totals 81 trailers who have already firmly indicated they are coming to the 5th Annual Texas Vintage Rally. If there are additional forums members wanting or planning to attend, please notify me or Elaine Jackson so that we might at least save you a site until you can get your registration in to our registrar. Contact elaine@gaj.com for a registration form or to request a site be saved for your use.

Remember, we’ve only reserved 104 sites for this rally. Again, if you are seriously considering attending this rally, you should probably be getting in your registrations as soon as possible. My current list of forums members attending include:

John Baker (DALLAS, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER) (PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT)
eharve Harvey Craig (FORUMS MEMBER)
fischman Myron Fischer (PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT) (AUSTIN TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
pienjim James Haddox (PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT) (FORUMS MEMBER)
bahamist Fred Hazen (PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT) (AUSTIN TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
Pahaska John Irwin (PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT) (AUSTIN TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
Jimark Jimmy Mooney (PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT) (STEPHENVILLE TX. FORUMS MEMBER)
Grannyred Ken Sands (GEORGETOWN FORUMS MEMBER)
GStephens Gayland Stephens (PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT) (HAMILTON, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
Pee Wee Pee Wee Schwamborn (SEMINAR PRESENTER)(ARIZONA FORUMS MEMBER)
87MH Dennis Waterman (PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT) (VINTAGE TRAILER JUDGE) (HOUSTON, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
Whitsend Jim Whitworth (WIMBERLY, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
utee94 (AUSTIN TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)(FIRST NAME IS MARCUS)
Distantdrummer (FORUMS MEMBER)
vhord (VERNON AND JOANIE HORD, CROSBY,TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
Overlander & Sea (GULFPORT, MISSISSIPPI FORUMS MEMBER)(RICK & JJ)
Artstream (FULLTIMER FORUMS MEMBER) (PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT)
monique (SAN ANTONIO FORUMS MEMBER)(FIRST NAME IS TODD)
phoenix491 (FT. WORTH, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
Rick56Safari (LAKEWOOD, WASHINGTON FORUMS MEMBER) (RICK AND JOANNA)
soldiermedic (VENDOR-LEAK TESTING) (O’FALLON, MISSOURI FORUMS MEMBER)
Happycampers (PETERBOROUGH, ONTARIO FORUMS MEMBER)(MARVIN AND ANNIE FISHER)
Eliminator46 (CLEVELAND, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER) (ADAM)
SteveH (SAN ANTONIO FORUMS MEMBER)
CJ of Okla (OKLAHOMA FORUMS MEMBER)(JAMES AND CAROLYN)
extiger (FORUMS MEMBER)(ATTENDED LAST YEAR)
njoysrvn (FORUMS MEMBER-WILL LIKELY ATTEND WITHOUT RV)
Westphalia (FORUMS MEMBER)
A.L.Mayfiel (FT. WORTH, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
Melody Ranch (VALLEY VIEW, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
nohillgrish (SPRINGFIELD, MO. FORUMS MEMBER) (STATES REGISTRATION FORM HAS BEEN SUBMITTED)
dghass (CROZBY, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
TUDO BEM (Gene and Kathy Blanchard) (SPICEWOOD, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER)
Dakota Skipper (Bruce Coonrod) FORUMS MEMBER MAILED REGISTRATION OCTOBER 22)
1960ASPR (Tom McCopin)(830-557-8757) McQUEENEY, TEXAS FORUMS MEMBER, NEW 1960 VINTAGE AIRSTREAM OWNER

And four forums members who have indicated they are likely to attend
fyrzowt (CALIFORNIA FORUMS MEMBER)
njoysrvn likely attendees
Westphalia likely attendees
rluhrr (Rich Luhr, Airstream Life Owner, Editor and Publisher) (Arizona forums member)

GStephens
Old 11-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #107
1 Rivet Member

The Vintage Rally scheduled for Feb 4-8, 2009 in San Antonio at Braunig Lake RV Park is going to be a winner. We have fun, food , fellowship and much more. This year there will be a cajun twist, tours of San Antonio available, Seminars that will be different than any you have ever seen, etc. Tell all your Airstream friends,far and near to come to San Antonio for a Winter Fiesta. Fischma.
fischman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:30 AM   #108
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Not to be repeated

I made a big mistake when I attended last year. I figured that the first couple days were to be filler for the "real" week end activities....so I showed up late Friday evening. MISTAKE! Tons of great activities every day of the event. I may arrive a week early this year and be sure to catch it all.
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #109
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Good idea Melody Ranch. You won't need to show up a week early, but do come on down a day or two early. Those who have organized this event and those who are chairing various tasks associated with trying to flawlessly pull it off will all arrive a day or so early to start getting things organized and off on the right footing. We'll be going out to eat together and we should have the opportunity to get in a lot of "visiting time" before the hectic activity of the actual rally starts. This is a great time to see old friends again and get to know new ones. I, for one, would like to spend some time getting to know you and see your 1947 Liner, if that is what you decide to bring. Once the rally starts, my time won't be my own. The last two years, I've not gotten to tour even one Vintage Airstream nor attend a single seminar due to the demands of whatever I had volunteered to do. This year I agreed to be the co-ordinating chair for the rally and assume I will really, really be busy filling in wherever I'm needed, anwering questions, making last minute decisions that may arise, etc.

I talked to Pee Wee a few nights ago and it looks like he may come in early as well. In any case, it appears he will be providing at least three opportunities for people to pick his brain about Airstream history, early caravans and the WBCCI of days gone by. As mentioned in an earlier post, he will also be at the rally throughout and will be approachable for discussions and questions. I know that for many, the seminars concerning repair and renovation of their Vintage Airstreams may hold the greater interest, but for me, getting the opportunity to interact with Pee Wee will be the highlight of this rally.

Final details will be firmed up this next week to ten days as our timeline dictates we soon publish and begin mailing out our schedule of events to all registrants.

GStephens
Old 11-28-2008, 03:57 PM   #110
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Coming in early

Hello... We might be arriving a couple of days early . Is there any way to find out which site we would be on so we would not have to move? Thanks
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #111
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Happycampers

We have three complete rows of sites totaling 104 sites reserved in this park where no other campers will be parked among us. We will be parking the Vintage trailers in the middle of these three rows adjacent to one of of the meeting rooms/bathrooms. We have some Vintage owners who are handicapped and others who don't have bathroom facilities that we will be reserving parking slots closest to the meeting rooms/bathrooms. We'll also be assigning our longer Vintage trailers to a select few sites that will better accomodate them. Additionally we will be reserving a couple of sites which will better accomodate the trailer where we will be conducting seminars on polishing, frame repair, electrical rewiring, plumbing repair, floor replacement, axle replacement and the like. This site has a larger grassy area that will better accomodate the folks who come to attend this part of the rally. Otherwise, it wouldn't make much difference to us where someone parks. There won't be any sites reserved for a VIP section or any such thing. Mr. Pat McDowell, the Region 9 VAC representative will be making his decisions on which few sites he will want reserved for the above cited reasons while Mr. Gary McClanahan will actually be responsible for parking the vintage units. Pat McDowell's email address is: pat_mcdwll@yahoo.com . Gary McClanahan's email address is: marilyn-gary@earthlink.net . Contact one or both of them for early parking site assignment.
GStephens
Old 12-05-2008, 06:18 AM   #112
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
American Bashkir Curly Horses

Check out these sights or search for Bashkir curly horses.

http://www.curlyhorseclassifieds.com/

http://www.abcregistry.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephens View Post
Thanks for identifying the type of horse flesh that you raise. Jim couldn't remember to save his life what breed you raise when he tried to tell me about them. Bring some pictures if you wouldn't mind. I'd like to see their pictures. I've had Hancock bred Quarter Horses all my life. My brother breeds and raises mules and Quarter horses. He currently has over 100. I've sold most of mine so that I can travel. It is difficult to travel and have livestock back home. Competent help is virtually impossible to find. Looking forward to spending some time with you at the Vintage Rally.
GStephens
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:19 AM   #113
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Who's a VIP?

"There won't be any sites reserved for a VIP section or any such thing. Mr. Pat McDowell, ............"

This is the exact attitude that kills such a great group. There should NEVER be a VIP grouping in the Vintage gatherings.
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:16 AM   #114
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Arriving early

We will be coming in Sun, Feb 1.. looking forward to seeing everyone..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:06 PM   #115
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Alvin , Texas
"There should NEVER be a VIP grouping in the Vintage gatherings."
---
This could be a deal breaker for my 6 year old daughter. Nobody tell ok?

78GussyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #116
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Melody Ranch and 78GussyTx
Whoa! I thought that was what I said. There won't be a VIP section or any special parking privilages for anyone other than those few who are disabled and those who may not have an operating bathroom in their trailer. Those trailers will be parked within the vintage section as close as possible to the recreation hall where bathrooms are located.

We also plan on parking PEE WEE's vintage trailer near the center of the Vintage section to better enable everyone who might want to visit with him or ask him any questions about Airstream history to easily do so throughout the rally.

Finally, the '54 Flying Cloud trailer that will be used to demonstrate various restoration techniques will also be parked somewhere near the Vintage section, but this trailer will not need to be at a site with utilities. We are hoping that we can find an area near the Vintage trailers to park this trailer, but it may be that putting it in one of the parking lots would be a better idea. We'll see. We just need to find an area with a larger grassy or paved area where folks can gather around the trailer during the seminars. Those will be the only "special parking" that will be provided.

Please take note! I hate to beat a dead horse, but for those who have said they intend to come to this rally and have not yet sent in their registrations, you might want to do so. As of yesterday there were 83 sites of the 104 sites we've reserved taken. There are 18 forums members on that list of 83 who have said they were coming through posts on the forums, through phone calls or in private messages with me that have not yet registered. Every day we are receiving 3-5 more registrations. We've asked for additonal sites, but thus far have not been given any by the RV Park. It would probably behoove everyone interested in coming, to go ahead and reserve your sites now by registering. If for some reason anyone registers and then is unable to attend, we will issue full refunds. That won't be a problem, but I just hate to see someone be planning on attending and then find out at the last minute that there are no more spaces available. Contact Elaine@gaj.com to request a registration form.

Anyone who earlier contacted me requesting I hold a site that may have now decided they cannot attend should also contact me so that your site may be released to others.

Thanking everyone in advance,

GStephens
Old 12-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #117
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
...If for some reason anyone registers and then is unable to attend, we will issue full refunds.
GStephens[/quote]

This was one of the main reasons I decided not to go. With the weather unpredictable in Missouri that time of year, I didn't want to lose out on my $$ if I couldn't attend. I am glad others know now.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:52 PM   #118
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
I too will have to bow out of this one. I recently trailered to the San Antonio area (Boerne) for Thanksgiving and decided that twice in a little over two months is too much for two kids under the age of three. I forgot how long that drive was.
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:47 AM   #119
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
I wish you guys could schedule an event close to our area in Texarkana...Texarkana residents DO own a lot of AS's as well as our surrounding areas....I would appreciate your help in this matter as it seems as though we are always left out!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #120
1 Rivet Member

We are looking forward to the Vintage Rally in Feb 4-8, 2009. We have a 2004 Airstream but truly enjoy the Vintage. I had a 24 Argosy , 1973 model years ago and truly enjoyed it. To me that had a lot of quality built in and you knew it was an Airstream Product.

Fischman
fischman is offline   Reply With Quote