Old 10-20-2008, 03:45 PM   #71
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Gayland,

I did receive it, but it only looked like 4-5 were 100% sure. The others you said were probable, but needed more info on the test, or cost. Feel free to advertise the service in your marketing for the rally.

Steve

Old 10-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #72
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Distantdrummer, I hope my private message to you answered your questions about who is Phred and other questions you raised.

You were also wanting a list of forums members who have indicated they intend to be in attendance at the rally. I have composed such a list of forums members who have contacted me by various means, including posting to this thread, and who have indicated an interest in attending. I checked with our registrar yesterday and only about ten of these that I recognize from their real names have actually sent in their registration and fees, but I could have missed some as I do not know everyone's real name and it is only October and the rally isn't until February.

Here is the list of forums handles that I came up with who have either sent in registrations or indicated an interest in coming:
fyrzowt-indicated interest in attending, no committment made
TomW- past participant, Tom has indicated interest in attending, no committment
John Baker - John sent in his registration
eharve - Harvey will attend and volunteer
fischman -Myron sent in registration, he will attend and has volunteered to help
Pahaska-John sent in his registration, he will attend, is committee chair
Jimark-will attend
Grannyred-Ken will attend, agreed to serve on Welcoming Committee
GStephens-sent in registration and will attend
Pee Wee -will attend, is conducting a seminar
87MH - will attend, will be one of the Vintage Judges
Whitsend -Jim will attend, has agreed to help with People's Choice award
utee94 -Marcus has strongly and often said he will attend
Distantdrummer-has indicated he will attend
vhord -has indicated he will attend
Overlander & Sea- Rick and JJ have indicated they will attend
Artstream-previous attendeee,has signed up that he plans to attend, is a vendor
monique- Todd has indicated he would like to attend and is coming
phoenix491 -has indicated he will attend
Rick56Safari-Rick and Joanna have indicated they will attend
soldiermedic -Steve has publicly indicated he will attend, will be a vendor
Happycampers -Marvin and Annie have indicated they will attend
Eliminator46-Adam has indicated he will attend

As I said in an earlier post, we often don't know any real names and at other times only a first name which makes it sort of difficult to know for certain who has or who has not signed up from the forums. If I do know the full real name, I do not intend to publish it on the forums without permission so take whatever value you can from this list of forum attendees.
GStephens

Old 10-22-2008, 07:31 AM   #73
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
1971 27' Overlander
1957 22' Caravanner
Jourdanton , Texas
We'll be there.

Paula & Jim
Old 10-22-2008, 07:46 AM   #74
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephens View Post

utee94 -Marcus has strongly and often said he will attend

Absolutely. I just need to find my "round tuit" and send in my registration!

With or without trailer I'll be there, though I'm planning to have it buttoned-up by then so it's at least road-worthy.

Perhaps I'll win the award for "trailer someone is most likely to fall through the floor of..."
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #75
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Well, you can now add pienjim and SteveH to the above list of forums members attending.
GStephens
Old 10-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #76
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
I just received confirmation that we should add in CJ of Okla (James and Carolyn)and extiger to the above list of confirmed forums attendees to the 2009 Texas Vintage Rally along with njoysrvn and Westphalia as likely attendees. Welcome all.
GStephens
Old 10-22-2008, 03:33 PM   #77
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Time to have the general public reserve the first Saturday in February.

One of the things about this remarkable rally which needs to be emphasized is the "real" goings on for the general public, the open house, which will happen on Saturday, February 7, 2009. The campground is only an hour and a half from Austin, about 3 hours from Houston, and maybe 4 hours from the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The public (and any non-Airstreamer not wishing or not able to drag a trailer) should be encouraged to attend for the day. I would think that most of us have non-Airstream friends (well, maybe some of you might have non-Airstream acquaintances), and this would be the perfect opportunity to get those non-Airtreamers assimilated into the Coven.

I also suspect that there will be more offered to the general public that just walking around viewing the trailers....

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:41 PM   #78
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
If it is convenient to the schedule, I can perform a leak testing demo on one of the trailers that has asked me to have the testing done. This way people can see what they are getting. I would prefer this be early in the rally to allow for maximum sign ups.

Steve
Old 10-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #79
2 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
Cleveland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
If it is convenient to the schedule, I can perform a leak testing demo on one of the trailers that has asked me to have the testing done. This way people can see what they are getting. I would prefer this be early in the rally to allow for maximum sign ups.

Steve
I would volunteer mine, but without changing out the weatherstripping on every window, I don't believe it would work, unless you have a "serious" blower.
All Bsn aside, I might be interested if you think it would work with old crusty original weatherstripping.
Adam
Old 10-23-2008, 11:24 AM   #80
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Adam,

I tested a trailer last weekend with partial door gasket not sealing. My trailer was also tested missing a piece of flooring. The fan is adjustable, and pulls in some serious air. If you have interest in a test, you can watch the demo to see if it is something you want to look in to. You can also see my vendor thread about the testing done last week on forum member CJ of OKLA.

Steve
Old 10-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #81
1 Rivet Member

1999 19' Bambi
Fort Worth , Texas
I would like to attend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
It looks like the next (3rd Texas State) Vintage Rally will be at Braunig Lake RV Park just south of San Antonio from Feb 4 to Feb 8, 2009. Iím going down Tuesday for a face-to-face with the RV Park Rally Coordinator and should have a contract ready to sign when our unit approves our plans at our early March rally.

We had 83 rigs at this yearís rally and I requested 100 sites for 2009. We hope the more central location will help build attendance and the more southern location will help temper any cold snaps.

We will stick pretty close to the formula that has worked well over our previous vintage rallies. Lots of seminars, happy hours, very little structure. As in our previous vintage rallies, WBCCI membership is not a requirement for attendance and Airstreams of any year are welcome..

We had a unit rally at Braunig Lake several years ago, so we already have a good leg up on local attractions and choosing caterers.
I have a 1998 Bambi that I am remodeling and would like to attend. What do I need to do to make a reservation?
Old 10-25-2008, 09:04 AM   #82
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
It is close to being an Airstream

If I keep at it I may have the Curtis Wright,(Spock) presentable. Can I come as a Vintage?.....or should I bring the Caravel (Molly)? Regardless, sign me up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pair of Oldies.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	70190  
Old 10-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #83
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
soldiermedic, we will arrange for you to do a demonstration early in the rally schedule and make certain that the demonstration is listed on the rally schedule.

A.L. Mayfiel, there are a number of ways to do this, but the easiest to explain is for you to contact Elaine Jackson, our registrar for this rally at elain@gaj.com . She will send you a rally brochure which has a registration application in it. Complete the application and return. It is that simple. Other ways would be to click on the 2009 Texas Vintage Rally link at the bottom of the portal page on this forum and follow the links to the application form, print it off, complete it, and return it. A third way would be to go to the WBCCI website, click on Regions, click on Region 9, arrow down to the Texas Vintage Rally link, click on the photgraph, click on the application form, print it off, complete it and return it to Elaine Jackson.
Melody Ranch, bring either trailer. You can be a part of the whole rally experience if you bring the Caravel and it is the one I would bring if I were you. With it, you would be parked with the vintage units and you'd be eligible to enter the judging and be judged along with participation in the concourse de elegance. Bring the Curtis Wright and we would be happy to let you exhibit it as an "exhibition only" trailer since it isn't an Airstream and we couldn't put it into competition with the Airstreams onsite at an "Airstream only" event, but your trailer has great historical significance for Airstream enthusiasts. Whatever you decide is great with us and we would look forward to seeing you.

Should you decide to attend, and we hope you do, we only have 104 sites reserved that will be all together. We may be able to park any additonal trailers on other sites in the park, but they would not be parked with the Airstream units. They would be mixed in with other brands of trailers here and there about the park on an as available basis. The reason I bring this up is that I was adding up all the names of those who have sent in their applications already or who I feel will send them in within the next few days as they have aggreed to judge, chair various aspects of the rally, volunteer or be presenters of the various seminars and I already can count 63 of the available spots taken at this early date. For that reason, you might want to make your decision as early as possible. Again, we have only 104 sites reserved and it appears as if this is going to be one great rally.
GStephens
Old 10-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #84
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohillgrish View Post
A.L. Mayfiel, there are a number of ways to do this, but the easiest to explain is for you to contact Elaine Jackson, our registrar for this rally at elain@gaj.com . She will send you a rally brochure which has a registration application in it. Complete the application and return. It is that simple. Other ways would be to click on the 2009 Texas Vintage Rally link at the bottom of the portal page on this forum and follow the links to the application form, print it off, complete it, and return it. A third way would be to go to the WBCCI website, click on Regions, click on Region 9, arrow down to the Texas Vintage Rally link, click on the photgraph, click on the application form, print it off, complete it and return it to Elaine Jackson.

Should you decide to attend, and we hope you do, we only have 104 sites reserved that will be all together. We may be able to park any additonal trailers on other sites in the park, but they would not be parked with the Airstream units. They would be mixed in with other brands of trailers here and there about the park on an as available basis. The reason I bring this up is that I was adding up all the names of those who have sent in their applications already or who I feel will send them in within the next few days as they have aggreed to judge, chair various aspects of the rally, volunteer or be presenters of the various seminars and I already can count 63 of the available spots taken at this early date. For that reason, you might want to make your decision as early as possible. Again, we have only 104 sites reserved and it appears as if this is going to be one great rally.
GStephens
G,
I just registered on the thread and sent an e-mail to Elaine as you suggested to see what else I need to do. Save me one of those 104 spots. This appears to be shaping up as a great rally, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.[/quote]