Old 10-19-2008, 07:17 AM   #57
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Jim,

I was up late converting photos to post on my leak test thread and on the Branson Rally thread.

If you wouldn't mind, just arrange with John how the shelf will get to him since I don't know his schedule. He has waited six months for this shelf, so it isn't something that is a dire need to deliver immediately, but whenever someone can get it to him (WBCCI meeting/rally, NTAC, etc).

Going outside to load your fridge...it's cold.

Steve

Old 10-19-2008, 08:25 AM   #58
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Gulfport , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephens View Post
Distantdrummer, the open house and most everything else is optional. You certainly don't have to open up your trailer to the public although every year there are trailers in pretty much all states of repair from as found to fully restored. You may come in just for the open house totally free of charge on Saturday afternoon or you may opt to attend one or more days in order to attend various activities including some outstanding seminars and will be charged accordingly. I feel we are offering a great value.
SCHEDULED SEMINARS
Trailer wiring
Frame repair
Insulation installation
Tongue extension fabrication
Axle replacement and/or upgrade
sub floor repair/replacement
Gray and black tank installation
Polishing techniques
Interior panel and furniture removal
Riveting options
Period correct appliances and cabinets
sourcing of period correct parts
History of Airstream, vintage Caravans, and airstream’s founder, Wally Byam
Additional seminars covering a variety of subjects to be scheduled
Concourse d’Elegance
Peoples Choice Award
Judging of Participants
Awards Presentations
Expecting Over 100 Trailers.
Come Join Us

Parking fees of only $23 per day or $92 + Rally fees of $40 per person and/or $15 per child for an actual cost/day of only $33. Receive a $5 discount if received before Jan 1st. To register, contact Elaine Jackson, phone: 512-832-5663 or email @ elaine@gaj.com . Make checks payable to Texas Vintage Airstream Rally
Gulfport, MS to San Antonio, TX, 600 miles. That's one long day towing. But, it sounds like it will be a great rally with a lot of vintage units and great seminars. I'm thinking........................

WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Overlander & Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:49 AM   #59
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Distantdrummer, we hope to see you there this year. Happycampers (Marvin and Annie) Welcome! all the way from Ontario! Last year we had participants from Alberta. You Canadians are awesome! Overlander & Sea (Rick) hope to see you as well. We understand that Herb Spies, Vintage Airstream Club President will be attending from Florida and that 12-15 units are coming from the New Orleans unit. It would be neat if you could all hook up together and caravan into the rally together.
GStephens
Old 10-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #60
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Good morning... We will be going to Texas via Florida , Tin Can Rally and the Airstream park in Zavalla. Has anyone been there? Looking forward to the rally..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:00 AM   #61
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Happycampers, sorry I haven't been to Zavalla. Maybe someone else will chime in. Be sure that we get to meet Tobi and Niki while at the rally. We have three little 4-9 pound fur babies ourselves who will be in attendance. Let's see that they get introduced.
GStephens
Old 10-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #62
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Quote:
Happycampers, sorry I haven't been to Zavalla. Maybe someone else will chime in....
Zavalla would be a great place to overnight if coming in from the North or Northeast. It's less than 6 hours from Zavalla to the San Antonio Vintage Rally driving 60 to 63 on the 4 lane highways. A little more if you take the scenic backroads.

Full hookups are only $10 per night.

See the link below for more information to the Zavalla Texas Airstream Harbor.

welcome

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #63
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
GStephens,

During the Branson rally I discussed your rally with several others attending the rally. Several are now either attending or planning to attend in February. Let's keep those numbers coming on people!

Steve
Old 10-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #64
2 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
Cleveland , Texas
Ok, I guess it's in the Home state, and that means I have a deadline. I will try to make it. Currently have the water tank out and in the process of replacing the floor. Will need a couple of axles and A/C. Check out the bath, some plumbing and a couple of minor leaks to do by then. NO PROBLEM.
Adam
Old 10-20-2008, 06:36 AM   #65
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminator46 View Post
Ok, I guess it's in the Home state, and that means I have a deadline. I will try to make it. Currently have the water tank out and in the process of replacing the floor. Will need a couple of axles and A/C. ....
I would encourage you, and anyone else, to bring their work in progress to the Vintage Rally as long as it is safe to tow....many, many trailers are right now in various stages of restoration, and I believe that the sharing of progress (and being able to see how it is done before everything is covered up) is just as important as viewing the finished product.

There are lots of budget priced motels in the rally area, so even if the trailer is not liveable bring a (gasp) tent, or do the motel thing...

The rally is really about sharing progress and learning how to do "stuff"...the more trailers under construction which are still "open" the more people who are contemplating undertaking a project can learn. Besides, by bringing your project someone who has "been there and done that" might be able to point out an easier alternative, or, more importantly, give advice on how to make a huge improvement with only a small amount of additional effort.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:52 AM   #66
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander & Sea View Post
Gulfport, MS to San Antonio, TX, 600 miles. That's one long day towing. But, it sounds like it will be a great rally with a lot of vintage units and great seminars. I'm thinking........................
Hey Rick, you're right about that, it is a long day of towing. As you know, I picked up my trailer in Mobile, AL, and drove right through your neck o' the woods. I went there and back in about 32 hours, 10 hours driving on the way out, and 12 hours on the way home. I can appreciate how tough that is.

But, I'm planning on being there (I should have the rear floor back in by then, but not sure about the plumbing). So if you can make it, I'd love to meet you and thank you personally for your Airstream Spirit.

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:13 AM   #67
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Thanks Soldiermedic for the support. I PM'd you a list of the nine individuals who are already signed up for leak testing. Did you receive it?

87MH, the rest of us might as well not enter the judging this year since you will be there in your mirror shined work of art. Looking forward to seeing you again. Hopefully, you'll find a number of your ideas from last year incorporated into this year's improved version.

eliminator46 and utee94 take heed. We will be parking ALL the Vintage trailers and motorhomes as close to the bathrooms and meeting hall as possible this year so that those who lack bathroom facilities for one reason or the other will have convenient access to facilities. As we get closer to February 4th, if you are one of those who needs an accomodation due to not having your plumbing up to snuff or because your unit was not manufactured with a bath, let us know in advance of the rally and we'll make a special effort to park you as close as possible to the restrooms before filling in that area with other vintage units. We already have a short list of one or two individuals that have handicaps and will need to be parked right across the street from the restrooms. As 87MH said, this rally is all about learning from the seminars and each other while having as much fun as possible. Come as you are. There is no requirement that anyone open his trailer to the general public or have his trailer judged, if that will be an issue. Just close the door to your trailer during the open house and go look at everyone else's trailer with the general public and/or tell us you do not wish to have your trailer judged. No problem.

GStephens
Old 10-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #68
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Gulfport , Mississippi
Quote:
Overlander & Sea (Rick) hope to see you as well. We understand that Herb Spies, Vintage Airstream Club President will be attending from Florida and that 12-15 units are coming from the New Orleans unit. It would be neat if you could all hook up together and caravan into the rally together.
GStephens
Thank you for the information. That sounds good, I would like to caravan. I'll check with them to see what day they're planning to make the trip over to Austin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
Hey Rick, you're right about that, it is a long day of towing. As you know, I picked up my trailer in Mobile, AL, and drove right through your neck o' the woods. I went there and back in about 32 hours, 10 hours driving on the way out, and 12 hours on the way home. I can appreciate how tough that is.

But, I'm planning on being there (I should have the rear floor back in by then, but not sure about the plumbing). So if you can make it, I'd love to meet you and thank you personally for your Airstream Spirit.

-Marcus
Marcus,

OK, you've talked me in to it! I just printed the registration form & I'll mail it today. About two weeeks ago, we drove about the same distance in one day-from Gray, TN to home. I'm looking forward to meeting you and all the people at the rally. Can't wait to see all of those vintage Airstreams & attend some of the seminars.
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Overlander & Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #69
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
87MH,

Did you ever get that oven I dropped off to your niece?

Steve
Old 10-20-2008, 03:22 PM   #70
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Soldiermedic, did you receive the list of those wanting their trailers leak tested during the Vintage Rally?
GStephens