Old 02-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #253
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
'splain this thing to me

I did a double take as I looked at the numbers. I just thought each unit carried its own numbers..I guess its the owners number. Regardless....I luv it all. Will the real 1777 please step up?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1777 (1).JPG
Views:	78
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	75293   Click image for larger version

Name:	1777 (2).JPG
Views:	84
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	75294  

Old 02-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #254
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
I did a double take as I looked at the numbers. I just thought each unit carried its own numbers..I guess its the owners number. Regardless....I luv it all. Will the real 1777 please step up?
Both of those numbers and both of those trailers belong to Pat McDowell who is Region 9 Vintage Chairman and who presented some of the restoration seminars.

The partially restored unit in the background also belongs to Pat. He brought one of those trailers for PeeWee and Susan Schaumberg to stay in during the rally.

Incidentally, Pat has 5 Airstreams and all can carry the number 1777.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #255
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
5 with the same numer?

Poor Pat
Old 02-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #256
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
I had time to get a few pictures.
Attached Images

WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #257
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
And a few more.
Attached Images

WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #258
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I'll add some too

A 52 Flying Cloud

Forum Members utee94, TomW, Shacksman, and me with Susan and Pee Wee Schwamborn.

A 54 Flying Cloud

A beautiful 13 panel with custom interior, curb center bath, new zolatone, and deer antler lights inside!!!!

Steve
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	52 FC Exterior.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	75335   Click image for larger version

Name:	MarcusTomDougSteveSusanPeeWee_s.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	75336  

Name:	54 FC.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	75337   Click image for larger version

Name:	FCUzolatone.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	75338  

Old 02-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #259
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Rally Newsletter

In addition to our usual unit newsletter for the month, I put out a "Rally Special Edition" with all of the rally info from our regular newsletter and a lot more photos. There is a list of awards and a list of door prize winners.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VintageRallyEdition.pdf (519.6 KB, 219 views)
WBCCI #9632
Old 02-15-2009, 10:51 PM   #260
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Mr. and Mrs. Wee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
Both of those numbers and both of those trailers belong to Pat McDowell who is Region 9 Vintage Chairman and who presented some of the restoration seminars.

The partially restored unit in the background also belongs to Pat. He brought one of those trailers for PeeWee and Susan Schaumberg to stay in during the rally.

Incidentally, Pat has 5 Airstreams and all can carry the number 1777.
Schwamborn
Old 02-16-2009, 06:34 AM   #261
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
In addition to our usual unit newsletter for the month, I put out a "Rally Special Edition" with all of the rally info from our regular newsletter and a lot more photos. There is a list of awards and a list of door prize winners.
John,
Thanks for sharing your newsletter. For those of us outside your region, it again did a nice job of summing up a great rally. I shared how much we enjoyed the rally this past weekend with our local unit (Missouri Greater Ozarks). Don't be surprized if you have more folks from Missouri next year (that is if we're still invited).
Old 02-16-2009, 07:01 AM   #262
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
Schwamborn
Sorry. That's what happens when I try to do things after midnight. I'm rushing to leave for the Mardi Gras rally.
WBCCI #9632
Old 02-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #263
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Dennis, you and your friends will always have a standing invitation to this rally though I can guarantee you we will be moving it to another location next year. This park repeatedly did not honor its agreements which created many, many problems for us that did not have to be.

I enjoyed so much meeting you and your lovely wife. I just wish I'd had more time to visit.

GStephens
Old 02-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #264
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephens View Post
I can guarantee you we will be moving it to another location next year. This park repeatedly did not honor its agreements which created many, many problems for us that did not have to be.
GStephens
Maybe moving it further north towards Missouri?

That will help us out next year traveling with a then five year old.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #265
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
I wish we could hold it further north Steve, but we will likely keep it in the Southern part of Texas below a San Antonio, Austin, north of Houston line to try and insure the best possible weather. It is imperative due to a variety of reasons that we hold this rally in February each year. Our Texas Highland Lakes Unit conducts this rally without financial help from any other source every year and we try to pass along all savings in parking fees, meals, etc. to the participants thus keeping our rally fees as low as possible. We are not in this to make a profit, but to provide a platform for the celebration of all things Vintage Airstream. A bad weather event with resulting cancellations would spell financial ruin for us if we had a number of folks fail to show up after we had already paid for catered meals, decorations, rally awards, etc. This year we fed over 225 people each of the three nights at an average cost of $10 per meal. Do the math just on meals to see the kind of money we could potentially loose. Add in the cost of some of the seminar presenters, copying costs, programs, rally ribbons and awards and you soon see that we must have a reasonable chance for having good weather to sponsor this event each year.

We will have a short meeting at our March unit rally to once again take it before the membership as to whether or not we hold this rally again next year. I am confident we will, but it is something that the membership must collectively decide upon every year. This year it required 28 committee chairmen and 52 total volunteers to put this rally together into the cohesive, well run rally that you saw for the benefit off the 103 trailers and 8 rooms of people staying in the nearby motel. This rally now exceeds the size of all but one WBCCI Region Rally in size as announced at the rally by International 1st Vice President Tom Collier. All of that effort is essentially in the hands of our unit's members with only minimal help from members from other units. Our feedback was tremendous this year. We believe this year's Vintage Rally was universally extremely well received. This rally has become an International event, but remains totally dependent upon the energy and good will of our small group of unit members.

I hope this helps to explain the selection of location each year. By the way, though I didn't have near enough time of my own this year to visit as I would have liked, I would like to personally thank you for attending and adding your own contributions to the success of this rally. I really believe having you available to perform leak testing and having Camper Clinic provide free repair to over 50 trailers while at the rally gave a real value added component to this year's event. Thanks again for your contribution.

GStephens
Old 02-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #266
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Alvin , Texas
Hi Everybody, thanks for posting all of your info, we were very sorry to miss the rally ... my doctor seemed to have other ideas, like sharpening his scalpal.

Great to see the pictures aand read the accounts. I was wondering, does anyone have any pictures of the Argosy that won the 70's award?

Marvin and Annie Fisher, if you are members here, would love to see your pictures!! We have a '78 year model and would love to see how the inside and out was done on yours.

Thanks, and see you next year,

Steve