Old 01-14-2009, 06:22 AM   #155
1 Rivet Member

1999 19' Bambi
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
I'm the seminar chairman.

I'll have the day-to-day schedule posted early next week. I'm waiting for confirmation from the Dept. of Public Safety liaison that I will have a DPS trooper to talk to us about safety and Texas towing laws. My contact has been out of his office for several weeks.

I can confirm that there will be outdoor seminars Thursday, Friday, and Saturday on restoration of a vintage trailer.
  • Thursday, 10am, Rescue of 54 Flying Cloud
  • Thursday, 2pm, Torsion axle replacement
  • Friday, 9:30 am, polishing demo
  • Saturday, 10am, Riveting and skin repair
I have not completed my renavation of my trailor. It will not be road ready
by Feb 4th. How ever I would like to attend and go to the siminars. Can I regester when I get there or should I do it now?

Old 01-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #156
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.L. Mayfiel View Post
I have not completed my renavation of my trailor. It will not be road ready
by Feb 4th. How ever I would like to attend and go to the siminars. Can I register when I get there or should I do it now?

IMPORTANT!

Probably too late now.

I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that we will have 100 sites.

The bad news is that we will not have the formerly promised 104 sites due to a larger than expected number of winter Texans in the park.

As of this afternoon, we have 98 rigs signed up and registrations are still coming in.

We do expect a couple of cancellations. You ca still take a chance and mail a registration. If we top the 100 rigs (very likely), we will put you on a wait list in the order received.

There is a motel adjacent, owned by the same folks as the park. We can accommodate a few off-site folks; just pay the rally fee without the parking.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #157
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
I have several things I would like to remind folks about.

First, I want to remind everyone about the Swap and Shop event that will be held on Saturday morning from 9-11. Bring your extra Airstream parts, hobby and craft items. You may set your tables up from 8-9 am. There is no charge for attending this event or selling your items at the Swap and Shop so whether you have just a few items or a lot of things, bring what you have and let’s make this a fun event. The Swap and Shop will be held in the large Lakeside meeting hall.

From 1-3 in the afternoon, we’ll be having the Vintage Airstream Open House. This also is a free event open to the public. Come and see over 40 vintage trailers that will be open for your viewing pleasure. The public will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite Vintage Trailer. A "People's Choice" award will be given to the Vintage Trailer receiving the most votes. Be sure to vote for you favorite vintage trailer.

Finally, during the Open House our own forums member, Dale “Pee Wee” Schwamborn, will be conducting a question and answer session geared especially toward the general public who are interested in Airstreams and perhaps their history. Specifically, he’ll be covering questions concerning the history of the Airstream Company, historic caravans to exotic countries and the history of the WBCCI (the Airstream Club). Come and meet Pee Wee and have your questions answered.

Again, admission to the Park is free to the public on Saturday. Come enjoy the day with us. You may park in the parking lot in front of the Lakeside Meeting Hall which is just inside the park and to some extent in the parking lot of the motel next door to the Braunig Lake RV Park.

I'm looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone.

GStephens
Old 01-15-2009, 06:37 AM   #158
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Peewee lives just north of Phoenix and is a member of the 4CU. We have been very fortunate to have him at several of our rallies. It is a real treat to go back in time with him at these events. It is something you don't want to miss. My favorite subject to discuss with him is the Capetown to Cairo Caravan where he was an advanced scout.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1765.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	74010  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #159
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Full! Full! Full!

We have sold out the 100 sites that the park can give us. Any registrations in the mail will be put on a first-in, first-out wait list. The Registrar will advise those on the wait list of any cancellations by Monday, Feb 2. I know this is short notice, but we want every site filled. I hate to say it, but if you snooze, you may lose.

I have printed color copies of the time line that PeeWee uses to elicit questions from the audience. He prefers to use this method of involving the audience rather than a canned lecture. I heard him at Bozeman and really look forward to hearing him again at SA.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #160
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
We have sold out the 100 sites that the park can give us. Any registrations in the mail will be put on a first-in, first-out wait list. The Registrar will advise those on the wait list of any cancellations by Monday, Feb 2. I know this is short notice, but we want every site filled. I hate to say it, but if you snooze, you may lose.
Tell us how we know if we are on the confirmed list. We are coming from Canada and really need to know for sure.
Doug and Terry Rowbottom
98 Safari
1950 Spartan
1966 Globetrotter
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #161
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shacksman View Post
Tell us how we know if we are on the confirmed list. We are coming from Canada and really need to know for sure.
Doug and Terry Rowbottom
I'll check and get back to you. It is late, so it will probably be tomorrow. I'll post here whether you are confirmed. If you sent in your registration more than a few days ago, you are probably in. There was an avalanche of registrations in the last few days.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #162
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Doug and Terry Rowbottom
I did reach Elaine tonight. She said that she has not received your letter yet, but she does have you on the confirmed list. She made n exception simce your letter had to come from Canada.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #163
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Doug and Terry, you are on the last list I received. It shows you bringing a 22' 1967 Safari.
GStephens
Old 01-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #164
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Thanks for letting us know, we are leaving here on Sunday to head your way. It's -16c here today, I hope you're warmer there.
98 Safari
1950 Spartan
1966 Globetrotter
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #165
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Thanks for letting us know, we are leaving here on Sunday to head your way. It's -16c here today, I hope you're warmer there.
Lately, it has been dipping a little below freezing at night and pretty much flannel shirt weather in the afternoon, although we are supposed to get some of the colder stuff for the next couple of days. By February, it is usually anywhere from light jacket to T-shirt weather in the day, but still some chance of an overnight light freeze..

Two years ago at the vintage rally, it was a bit raw, but last year was T-shirt weather for the whole rally. Our February weather may be unpredictable, but it has always been good enough to enjoy the rally.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #166
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
WX check every day

Its getting close enough now that I check the NOAA forecast regularly. I even did a furnace check just in case.
7-Day Forecast for Latitude 29.46N and Longitude 98.5W
Old 01-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #167
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
We’re going to ask your help at the 2009 Texas Vintage Rally. I have tried the best I could to match up forums handles with the names of attendees using clues such as hometowns and the occasional first name that someone might reveal on their forums posts. I've even attempted to phone most of you. This has been a very difficult task to do without missing someone here and there. We would like to be able to identify air forums participants at this year’s rally so that air forums members might meet with, and spend some time with, one another.

When you arrive, all participants will be asked to stop by the registration desk to pick up an information packet containing information of importance to you. When you pick up this packet, we will have a nicely printed name tag with everyone’s real name on it and a second blank name tag for air forums members to use in writing down your forums handle. We’re going to ask that if you are a forums member, you write your forums handle on the second tag and attach the second tag to the one with your real name on it so that we can identify each other and spend some time with one another.

If I thought I had a chance to accurately cross reference everyone’s forums handle with their real names, I would do so and we’d print your forums handle on the second tag and thus avoid having to hand write forums handles on it, but I am seeing all too clearly that this is not likely to happen.

GStephens
Old 01-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #168
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Where do we go?

I have not seen anything about the locations selected for us and where to check in upon arrival.
Braunig Lake RV Resort - Locations within our RV Park and campgrounds

I do not see any facilities like restrooms, showers, laundry, store, etc on the map. They do have them ...right?

Oops....I see two toilet facilities for all to enjoy. Please say there is more. The Curtis has no black/gray/water/etc..etc. It is vintage after all.