Old 12-22-2008, 06:49 AM   #127
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Steve, I haven't gotten an updated list of registrations from Elaine in the past week and will now likely wait to request one until after Christmas. I'm sure if you sent in your registration, Elaine now has you registered, but you are not on my old list as registered. I do have you down on my list as intending to send in your registration. I am relatively certain that everything is in order, but again, let me wait until after Christmas to check with Elaine.
Looking forward to seeing that super sharp Argosy and meeting you.
GStephens

Old 12-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #128
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Off the fence

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephens View Post
As not everyone is posting their intention to attend the 2009 Texas Vintage Rally in the rally thread or on the Rally anouncement thread at the bottom of the portal page, I am posting a current list of likely attendees. As of today, we have the following forums attendees and probable attendees based on phone calls, emails and posts to this thread:
Likely Attendees
fyrzowt (CALIFORNIA FORUMS MEMBER)
TomW (NORMAL, ALABAMA FORUMS MEMBER)(PAST VINTAGE PARTICIPANT)
Gayland,

Kim and I have been able to round up local childcare for the Boyz, and we are really looking forward to attending the upcoming rally. Plans are to mail Elaine a registration fee check this evening. It will be great to see you, Dennis, and everyone else we met or knew on our 2007 visit .

But, if nothing else, its going to be great to visit Texas again.

Tom

TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:28 PM   #129
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Tom said "But, if nothing else, its going to be great to visit Texas again.

Tom - And we Texans are looking forward to seeing ya'll once again too . I think it's great how Airstreams tend to bring folks together .

Jim
Old 12-22-2008, 11:39 PM   #130
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Just sent it my registration to Elaine

I may not be vintage, but we're gonna plan to go and drool over some of the vintage units...(provided work does not send us out)

Who knows - the economy needs stimulating so we should invest in vintage aluminum versus the stock market... Any vintage units gonna be up for sale?

Look forward to it.
Maxwell the 1964 Globe Trotter
Name TBD the 1955 Overlander
WBCCI # 6155
AIR # 6155

2nd love - 2006 28' Safari LS
1st love - 2004 19' CCD Bambi
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #131
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
TomW, Hot Damned! (jump up and down) I haven't been this happy since I got my first car forty something years ago! Can't wait to see you two. Be sure we spend some time together.

Whitsend, Are you bringing that sweet '54?

Bambi Bandit, Now we're getting some class at this rally. By the way, that Pressure Pro system I purchased from you is working flawlessly.

Looking forward to seeing and spending some time with each of you.

GStephens
Old 12-23-2008, 09:40 AM   #132
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Keller , Texas
Thumbs up

I just added my name to the "yes" list, and will send in my reservation form within the next day or two ... After seeing how much my wife and I enjoy our vintage rig, her parents took the plunge and bought a '54 Flying Cloud (or is it a '53?) that is need of restoration, so they're quite excited about all of the seminars and how-to events ... Should be a great time!

Will SOBs be allowed on-site? (The in-laws' Flyind Cloud isn't quite roadworthy yet, so they'll have to pull their white box along ... )
Old 12-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #133
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephens View Post
Whitsend, Are you bringing that sweet '54?
GStephens
GStephens - Our Miss Kitty informs me that she's not tastefully presentable right now. She's undergoing something of a modified "body" lift (as many well bred 54 year old Southern ladies are wont to do, and has had her "furnishings" removed and is down to her under"floor" attire - down right nekked so to speak. She'd be simply maw-ta-fied to make a public display of herself in this conditon. We're shooting for next year. Or the next. Miss Kitty is threatening to with hold the sugar from your ice tea for even suggesting she make a public specticle of herself at this stage.

Rearranging the tonge in cheek, I'm told one of our esteemed presenters is bringing a mid 1950's Flying Cloud in much the same condition as my Kitty - all cabinetry removed, but with new insulation, new sub-flooring & wiring installed. Folks will have the unique opportunity to get a real hands-on view & experience learning how all this rarely seen renovation work is done and fire their questions at the experts. Personally, I can't wait. This year's vintage rally is shaping up to be absolutely fantastic.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #134
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Gayland-- I e-mailed Elaine but haven't yet received a response. Do you know if she is e-mailing or snail-mailing responses? I gave her both methods to contact. Alternatively, is there a sign-up sheet through a website?

Jim-- I'm so disappointed you're not bringing out the 54! I'll simply have to make a specific trip to come out and visit her... err... I mean, you.

Tom-- I'm really looking forward to meeting you. We can talk about Frank behind his back. It will be great fun!

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #135
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Great minds think alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
... Tom-- I'm really looking forward to meeting you. We can talk about Frank behind his back. It will be great fun! ...
Marcus,

I was hoping you would make it so I could do the same two things - Meet you, and talk about Frank behind his back.

FWIW, I called Elaine's house the other evening to give a verbal "I'm coming, check's in the mail", and her husband answered & inclined that she was a bit under the weather. From past experience, I'd say hang tight - she will send you email.

Its going to be fun,
Tom
Old 12-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #136
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Great, sounds good Tom, it is agreed that there will be much talking about Frank behind his back. I don't feel bad, I told him he should drag Anna down to attend this one.

And I will be patient and let Elaine have time to do her thing. But if you or Gayland wanted to just PM me her address and the total $ amount for two adults (and one 16-month-old if there's a charge for that?), I could just send her a check with my details and and my "special needs" requirements, which is likely to be the need to be somewhat close to "the facilities."

The good news is that I'm making good progress on my '63, and will hopefully have the the frame painted and the new subfloor pieces laid in by the end of this weekend. Then it's just a hop, skip, and a jump to having a completely functioning bathroom, right???

Okay, maybe not, but I'm still hopeful!

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #137
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
... if you or Gayland wanted to just PM me her address and the total $ amount for two adults (and one 16-month-old if there's a charge for that?), I could just send her a check with my details ...
Marcus,

Here's the form I used: http://wbregion9.org/pdf_files/Vint_Reg%20only%2009.pdf

It has an address & everything.

If the page should give you trouble loading, I found it here: http://wbregion9.org/VintageRally2009.html

Tom
Old 12-23-2008, 06:21 PM   #138
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Marcus - We all know you're only interested in meeting my Miss Kitty, but you know you're welcome out here in the boonies anytime. I'll introduce you to the world famous Blanco Bowling Club - I'm a card carrying member, so I can get you in with no cover charge.

Tom - How cool, that your inlaw's caught the AS vintage bug too. Now you have a sort of mutual help society, and I'm sure you both will always need that extra hand.

And lastly - Poor ole Frank. I'm thinking he'll eventually decide he has to pull Anna to the rally, if only in self defense. Plus - I'd bet he could put on one heck of a seminar too? There's NEVER enough seminars!!

I look forward to finally meeting all our Forums friends!!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:33 AM   #139
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
...only a month to go - hard to believe...

Time for some serious shine -

TomW - how great that you are coming again this year...

Gayland - any speculation on what the final attendance numbers may be?

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:07 AM   #140
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Aransas Pass , Texas
I just found this thread today. Is there an events schedule posted anywhere yet? I won't be able to bring my 73 Soverign (unsafe to tow) but the wife and I would definately like to attend most of the seminars. Is there a schedule of which tells which seminars will be given at what times/dates yet?