Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:43 AM   #101
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
We'll be at Enchanted Trails on the 1st too. See you there!
Bill & Sheila
Old 09-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #102
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie M View Post
Regarding post #86

Richard; we are going to meet Don and Gail (Motoman) at Williams and travel with them to Grants.
For information how many intend to meet us in Williams Wednesday on the 30th, how many will be meeting in Flagstaff Thursday morning and how many will be at the Grants/Cibola Sands KOA Thursday afternoon?

What do you want to be in life, a spectator or a participant?

SNU #157
FCU #004
Old 09-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #103

2007 30' Classic S/O
Moorpark , California
We are planning on taking our time leaving Moorpark CA on 9/29; staying in either Barstow or Needles on 9/29; Williams on 9/30 and Grants on 10/1 and then onto the Festival. any recommendations for staying in Barstow, Neeedles and/or Williams?
Old 09-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #104
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Contact Motoman in the post above yours. He will be staying in Williams and meeting up with Jan and I in Flagstaff the next morning.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
Old 09-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #105
Lyle & Margie

2008 28' International CCD
Lakeside , California
Tempe area RV parks

Richard:

On our way to Albuquerque, we intend to stop in Phoenix and catch a couple ball games at Chase Field, Padres vs. D'backs the 26th & 27th.
The race should really be heating up by then .

Then on Monday morning we head to Tucson. I was thinking by staying in Tempe or Scottsdale we could avoid some rush hour traffic.

I was wondering if you and/or the other folks from the Phoenix area, on this thread, could recommend a place here we could stay?

Tnx Lyle
Old 09-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #106
4 Rivet Member

1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAQuilter View Post
We are planning on taking our time leaving Moorpark CA on 9/29; staying in either Barstow or Needles on 9/29; Williams on 9/30 and Grants on 10/1 and then onto the Festival. any recommendations for staying in Barstow, Neeedles and/or Williams?
Have a great recommendation for Williams, the Railside RV Ranch. Three of us will be there. They have great service for shuttling their guests into town for dinner and dessert and the will try to place us together if you tell them you are with the Airstream people. Their web site with info and phone numbers: Railside RV Ranch . We plan to wait until 5 or 5:30 to head into town for dinner and will request the shuttle if others want to go with us. I'll pm my cell phone to those staying there.

Regarding Barstow or Needles, you might try the campground at Calico Ghost Town San Bernardino County Park: Calico Ghost Town or the Barstow/Calico KOA: Home page -- RV park location, services | Barstow Calico KOA . We haven't stayed at either place. Both are convenient for the east bound trip on I-40. You might even take old Route 66, National Trails Highway, east through Amboy to almost Needles however avoid the section between Fort Cady Road and Ludlow (use I-40 for this reach) because it was extremely rough and potholed when we last took it.

SNU #157
FCU #004
Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #107
4 Rivet Member

1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
It looks like I may have under estimated the number of folks overnighting in Grants. I am looking forward to meeting everyone at the KOA.

We will be caravaning across I-40 on Thursday. I believe Don and Gail (Motoman) will be in Williams the night before. Jan and I will be joining Thursday morning in Flagstaff. We will be waiting at Little America (truck stop) which is located just East of the I-17 junction on Butler Ave, just South of I-40.

Keep watching this thread for more details!
Richard, what time should we meet the group from Phoenix at Little America?

SNU #157
FCU #004
Old 09-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #108
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Don,
Here is a great place for desert when you are in Williams: Pine Country Restaurant

Richard

Old 09-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #109
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by lylevg View Post
Richard:

On our way to Albuquerque, we intend to stop in Phoenix and catch a couple ball games at Chase Field, Padres vs. D'backs the 26th & 27th.

Then on Monday morning we head to Tucson. I was thinking by staying in Tempe or Scottsdale we could avoid some rush hour traffic.

I was wondering if you and/or the other folks from the Phoenix area, on this thread, could recommend a place here we could stay?

Tnx Lyle
Lyle...

Haven't stayed there, but check out the Apache Palms PV Park in Tempe... Apache Palms RV Park - A Big Rig & Modem Friendly RV Park in Tempe, Arizona

A fancier place looks to be Gold Canyon in Scottsdale...but then that's Scottsdale! Haven't stayed there either. : Welcome to Roberts Resorts the golf retirement community of Arizona & RV and Golf Resorts of Arizona USA, Championship golf Arizona, Active Adult Community of Arizona

There are a BUNCH of RV places in Apache Junction, which is further east of Tempe in the East Metro Area... a big snow bird destination.

Just curious why you are going from Phx to Tucson on your way to ABQ...unless you have a reason, of course....it's not really on the way to ABQ unless you're already in the southern part of the state! We are going to ABQ via Show Low in the White Mountains...a much more scenic route. We'll come home via 1-25 and I-10, though...

have fun while you're in our fine state...and see you at the Balloon Fiesta!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #110
4 Rivet Member

1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
Quote:
Don,
Here is a great place for desert when you are in Williams: Pine Country Restaurant
I remember it, we went there with Kevbo and the party group from CA Streamers. Hopefully the other guest will get to Williams early enough to go into town for dinner.

SNU #157
FCU #004
Old 09-11-2009, 11:49 PM   #111
Lyle & Margie

Lakeside , California
TB & Greg...and Cockers Annie & Sadie:

Thanks for the suggestions.

Our reason for Tucson next is, I want to see the Air museum. We won't be able to stop on the way back because we need to be in Monterey, CA on the 8th for the sports car races at Laguna Seca.

Any Tucson recommendations?

Tnx Lyle
Old 09-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #112
WBCCI 8562

1975 31' Sovereign
Pelzer , South Carolina
Any one traveling across US 60, we will be hitting Montosa Campground the night of the 1St, Passport America there.
What time do we meet at Camping World???
Old 09-12-2009, 08:49 AM   #113
WBCCI 8562

1975 31' Sovereign
Pelzer , South Carolina
We have a 3rd person joining us, what additional fees will we need
(saw fee is for 2)
Old 09-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #114
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Jim,

The gathering at CW will most likely occur around the noon hour, but Ken will be posting all of the details shortly.

The fee for the rally was listed for two persons because fiesta provides 2 admission tickets for each RV parking in our area. You may be able to find someone traveling solo in the group and get an extra ticket from them. If not, you can always purchase a single ticket at the gate in the morning. No tickets are required to be in the RV area (just off the field), only to go down to the launch area. During the day (after the morning launch) the gates are open and no one is checking passes.

The price of a daily admission ticket is $6.

Richard

Old 09-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #115
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Jim,

The gathering at CW will most likely occur around the noon hour, but Ken will be posting all of the details shortly.

The fee for the rally was listed for two persons because fiesta provides 2 admission tickets for each RV parking in our area. You may be able to find someone traveling solo in the group and get an extra ticket from them. If not, you can always purchase a single ticket at the gate in the morning. No tickets are required to be in the RV area (just off the field), only to go down to the launch area. During the day (after the morning launch) the gates are open and no one is checking passes.

The price of a daily admission ticket is $6.
Jim... We know that Julianne from Phx (JulianneJ) and Sandy from Utah (sandygd) are both traveling alone...maybe you can work out something with one of them. Looking forward to meeting you at the Fiesta, by the way...
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 09-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #116
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
TB & Greg...and Cockers Annie & Sadie:

Thanks for the suggestions.

Our reason for Tucson next is, I want to see the Air museum. We won't be able to stop on the way back because we need to be in Monterey, CA on the 8th for the sports car races at Laguna Seca.

Any Tucson recommendations?

Tnx Lyle
Well that's a good reason... Don't hold me to it, but I THINK you can overnight at the Pima Air Museum (on the SE side of Tucson) ...but I'd call to check for sure.

I think the nicest RV park on the East Side is Rincon Country RV Resort, and it's a Good Sam park... Rincon Country RV Resorts - Your RV Resort in Tucson, Arizona

Mission View looks nice, too...it's on the West Side... also a Good Sam... Home Page

These are just a few... look at Travel Life on line for more... Explore RV Camping, RV Parks and Travel Guides | Trailer Life Directory

If you want a public campground in a beautiful desert setting, I'd highly recommend Gilbert Ray Campground (Pima County run) on the west side of the Tucson Mountains...easy to get to even though it's on the west side... Elect, water available but not at the sites... dump station... very close to the Desert Museum, Old Tucson and the Saguaro National Monument West... NRPR - Gilbert Ray Campground

When you head east to pick up I-25 north...you can take the highway 26 cut-off at Deming to Hatch, NM to pick up I-25 north and bypass Las Cruses...it's an easy road and will save you time & miles. If you want to overnight in NM somewhere...try Leasburg Dam, Caballo Lake or Elephant Butte State Parks on the Rio Grande along I-25...

Or you could go north on 90 to Silver City from Lordsburg and take 126 on to Caballo to pick up I-25 ... (We have not driven the road between Silver City and Caballo, but it looks interesting, and we might come home that way.)... There's a pretty nice RV park in Silver City that we've stayed at a couple of times... Rose Ranch Valley RV Ranch (also a Good Sam park)...almost right in town... Official web site and home page for Rose Valley RV Ranch, the newest and best RV facility in Grant County.

Enjoy, and we'll see you in ABQ!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 09-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #117
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Richard:

Tnx Lyle
We live in Scottsdale and there is this little hidden trailer park near our store in old town Scottsdale.

Scottsdale Trailer Corral
3202 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale AZ 85251
Phone: 480-947-8532
Fax: 480-970-0998

If you need hotel info let us know.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #118
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
Lyle...

A fancier place looks to be Gold Canyon in Scottsdale...but then that's Scottsdale! Haven't stayed there either. : Welcome to Roberts Resorts the golf retirement community of Arizona & RV and Golf Resorts of Arizona USA, Championship golf Arizona, Active Adult Community of Arizona
Gold Canyon is many miles from Scottsdale and Phoenix.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #119
Lyle & Margie

Lakeside , California
TB & Greg...and Cockers Annie & Sadie
Thx for the suggestions. Silver City to Caballo was the route we are considering. I hope the road is good.
Karen & Jay
Thx for the input. Is the Scottsdale Trailer Corral your store or the RV Park?
Thx Lyle
Old 09-12-2009, 10:54 PM   #120
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
TB & Greg...and Cockers Annie & Sadie
Thx for the suggestions. Silver City to Caballo was the route we are considering. I hope the road is good.
Karen & Jay
Thx for the input. Is the Scottsdale Trailer Corral your store or the RV Park?
Thx Lyle
Lyle,
The store is called Scottsdale Pen. The dogs are Janey, Ranger, Ladybug, Hunter and Lily Bear-Bearacuda. See profile picture. LOL
Closed Thread