Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #321
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
Ya mean you didn't get a bigger rig to hold all the stuff your going to need for trailer trash queen?

When yer good, ya don't need a lot of props...!
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
Old 09-29-2008, 05:45 PM   #322
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Yes, I saw the report on the local ABQ news tonight, though all they did was to interview a few big-rig RVers who complained about gas prices. I was expecting to see some kind of report with an interview from the fiesta folks who rent out the RV sites.
L
Old 09-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #323
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
2008 27' Classic FB
Oak Harbor , Washington
As newbies we're somewhat overwhelmed but got a nice welcome from some temporary SOBs - Jim & Lynda from California (Silver Pal) who happened to be parked next to us last night at SF Skies. Nice way to break the ice. Quite the coincidence to be neighbors.

Sounds like there's going to be lots of chili but we're still cookin' ours anyway. If nothing all that gas generated can be aimed at DC. We're living dangerously and leaving our Beano behind (2/3 pu)

Bill
Old 09-29-2008, 07:48 PM   #324
I approve of this message

2006 28' International CCD
Redmond , Washington
O'stream leaving Seattle bright eyed and bushy tailed Tuesday morning - 1455 miles to Camping World. See you soon
Old 09-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #325
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
Leaving Texas Tues about noon. Be into Enchanted Trails on Thurs. See ya

Kay
Old 09-30-2008, 03:31 PM   #326
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Kay

Have a great trip and be safe - say hey to Vicki (the owner) of Enchanted Trails - she is a good friend to me and all the Airstream folks..

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Old 09-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #327
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ojai , California
Jim and I (the SOBs) arrived at American RV Park yesterday. No sign of any AS's here, but we'll get on over to Enchanted to check it out. Anyone digging in here @ American RV? Look for our vintage model trailer and red numbers PROUDLY displayed on our SOBs dash (site 92). GREAT meeting Bill & Beth (Ag Sag) at Santa Fe Skies, they will fit in perfectly with this motley crew! We were pumping our hands in the air just to see an Airstream...THEN found out B&B&B (Bear, the dog) were heading south to the Balloon Festival. The Airstream Gods were shining down. Safe travels to all!
Accredited Appraisal Firm www.PolkAssociates-llc.com
Old 09-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #328
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Ready to go.

Hi, Bob & Lee are ready to go.

We are leaving in the morning Wednesday, October 1st and hope to meet up with some of you on the way. We made no reservations for Wednesday because we don't know where we will be by evening; [hopeing to make it to Williams] So we might just stay in a rest area.

Depending on how far we get, we might be able to join a group in Flagstaff, Az. Thursday, October 2nd we are staying in Grants, NM. I think a few other's are staying there too. Friday,

October 3rd we should be meeting everyone at Camping World.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 09-30-2008, 08:48 PM   #329
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Hey SilverPal,
We're in E-12 at Enchanted Trails...will be touring the thrift and antique stores in search of TTQ accoutrements...or, plainly, stuff that might mildly offend without going overboard(said he in the styrofoam(sp?) raft)...so far, a couple of scores...the dollar only store is on the agenda...we don't rise before 0730, and rarely get away before 1100...would that fit your wandering schedule? I've just wilted myself in the hot tub for the last 45 minutes, so bedtime is imminent...
Fro all you read-ins, I passed up the sequined gowns for blue jeans and a Hawaiian
shirt...the rest will have to be a surprise...I don't even know the outcome...
Old 09-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #330
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, Bob & Lee are ready to go.

We are leaving in the morning Wednesday, October 1st and hope to meet up with some of you on the way. We made no reservations for Wednesday because we don't know where we will be by evening; [hopeing to make it to Williams] So we might just stay in a rest area.

Depending on how far we get, we might be able to join a group in Flagstaff, AZ. Thursday, October 2nd we are staying in Grants, NM. I think a few other's are staying there too. Friday,

October 3rd we should be meeting everyone at Camping World.
There is a rest area just East of Williams om I-40, nice setting, big trees but close to the road. We had a rally at the Canyon Motel and RV Park last month in Williams. Nothing special, but a nice place with good rates. You could also stay at the Pilot Travel Center which is located between Williams and Flagstaff on the North side of I-40. They also have the best gas prices in the area.

I'll give you a call when we get to Flagstaff Thursday and see where you are at.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
Old 10-01-2008, 06:16 AM   #331
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Hi balloon fans: We'll miss not seeing you this year but hope to make it back in a year or two. Just looked at a few pictures from last year and reminded about how great the event was and the friends we made. Safe travels. Rich & Lindsey
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2190 (Small).JPG
Views:	113
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	68601  

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

Old 10-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #332
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
Oh, man, I wish we could come on down! We're leaving Sunday for points west and need it. DenCo was here over the weekend for the 3-1/2th Angel Fire Food Orgy, and a couple of the AZ members are coming in today for however long. Then we're free!

Give my best to Vicki at Enchanted Trails! Maybe we'll try to drop way on the way back here in a couple of weeks ...

Lynn
Old 10-01-2008, 07:40 AM   #333
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Y'all have a great trip - - - - I've heard from others too -

Lewster decided he was tired of driving so he a a tow truck pull him for a while

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 10-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #334
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Sorry you guys can't make it...next year...? We're gonna tip a few to you...if you are coming back from the NW, drop down via 550 and stop by...we should be home by then.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:58 AM   #335
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Rich and Lindsey

I'm going to miss you guys (and your looong trailer) this year also - we will have to tip our glasses toward the north to you....

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 10-01-2008, 09:26 AM   #336
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
NM Tourism sent out a message this morning about the fiesta:
Quote:
Navajo artist Rhett Lynch will stop by the New Mexico Tourism Department’s Mobile Visitor Information Center at the 37th annual Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta this Saturday only (October 4, 2008), to sign limited-edition prints of his 2008 Balloon Fiesta Poster.

He will be signing posters from 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and again from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Lynch’s “Artist Edition” is limited to 200 prints. Each print will be signed, numbered, and personalized. The cost of the posters is $150. According to Ken Lingad, director of the Legends Santa Fe gallery, “Lynch’s posters are expected to sell out within the first two days of Balloon Fiesta.”

“Rhett Lynch is recognized world wide as one of the leading voices among contemporary Native American painters,” said Michael Cerletti, Secretary of the Tourism Department, “and this excitingly diverse and distinctive work is sure to capture the imagination of all our guests and collectors as well. We encourage visitors to stop by our Center to meet the artist – and in the process take a tour of our Center, a bright yellow recreational vehicle transformed into a traveling showcase of the best of what New Mexico has to offer. It is a great marketing tool, and gives us unique opportunities to take our message to potential visitors.”

Lynch lives and works in Alameda , New Mexico . In his 30 years as a professional artist, he has found expression in a variety of mediums, from hand-woven tapestries, sculpture, drawings, and monotypes to paintings in oil and acrylic. He has focused on a broad range of subject matter, depicted in realistic as well as abstract manner. He draws from his Indigenous heritage and his work is a testament to the deeply powerful symbols found there. His work attracts a broad range of collectors.

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
The Hot Air Balloon Capital of the world “Launches Dreams” for the 37th annual Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, October 4-12, 2008, at Balloon Fiesta Park .

More than 600 balloons will launch, including eight new special shape balloons. Guests can interact with all of the pilots (including the 43 new Balloon Fiesta pilots) and their crews as they inflate and fly their balloons from the field. Experience mass ascensions, balloon glows, the Wells Fargo Special Shape Rodeo, fireworks, and the 15th annual America ’s Challenge Gas Balloon Race.

Aside from the exciting sites and sounds of the Fiesta, venues throughout the city offer an assortment of activities from fine arts & crafts shows and festivals to special cultural entertainment at museums. Visit www.itsatrip.org/balloonfiesta for a complete list of Albuquerque events.

Gondola Club Best Seat in House
If you would like to reserve the best seats in the house for viewing one of the spectacular Mass Ascensions or Balloon Glows, the Gondola Club is your answer. Last year, 4,500 people reserved space in the Gondola club during the course of the event.

The Gondola Club experience offers each guest the opportunity to enjoy being a part of the beauty and wonder of Balloon Fiesta as a VIP. Guests are seated in one of the most picturesque locations at Balloon Fiesta Park where the view from the Gondola Club Hospitality Tent is terrific – day or night. A Gondola Club VIP package also includes a Gondola Club lapel pin, cashmere scarf, special parking away from the general public, catered buffet meals and shuttles at your disposal.

The Gondola Club menu will offer morning selections complete with an omelet station, pancakes, bacon, fruit and pastries. The dinner menus will include steak, lobster, and pork loin. And for a true international flavor, favorite foods will also be featured with a New Mexican night, German night and an Italian night.
For more information prior to Balloon Fiesta, call 505- 821-1000. During Balloon Fiesta, sign up for open sessions at the Gondola Club.

Chase Crew Volunteers Needed
Have you ever wanted to know how a balloon is readied for take off and packed up after landing?

Visit the Chase Crew Registration table October 2, 2008 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) and October 3, 2008 (9 a.m.-7 p.m.) in “the Landing” at Balloon Fiesta Park to register or visit the Chase Crew tower located in the southeast corner of the launch field any morning or evening of Balloon Fiesta to register.

During set-up, inflation, and launch, volunteers help unload equipment, assemble the basket, and lay out the envelope. When the balloon is ready to be inflated, crew will be assigned positions – the crown line, the throat of the balloon, or the inflator fan.

During the chase, the driver drives – keeps his eyes on the road not the balloon. Passengers are responsible for tracking the balloon and keeping the driver informed.

During landing, recovery and pack-up, the pilot’s priorities are safety first and convenience second. Be prepared to carry equipment out. Wait for instructions on how to pack equipment – pilots pack their balloons the same way every time.

Lynn
Old 10-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #337
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Hopefully those of you who are signed up are getting all my e-mails - I've been sending a lot of info with them...

If you would like to add some excitement to your visit, the balloon fiesta folks are looking for volunteers for chase crews - they are looking for up to 1,200 volunteers (thats not a misprint).

Anyone interested in volunteering for a chase crew can sign up at the pilot's tent on the morning the balloons fly. The pilot's tent is located on the south end of Balloon Fiesta Park. Very close to where we will be.

This is your chance to get up close and very personal with the balloons.

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 10-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #338
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Enchanted Trails is finally becoming aluminized...Razrback is here, Bob&Lou got in earlier this afternoon, and a couple from California(just passin' thru on their way to Kentucky) pulled in...all in all, a nice addition to the park...we're planning on practicing the happy hour-grazing stuff before Friday...firing up the grills, fire dancer(B&L's)...I heard mention of a margarita possibility...lordy!, has anyone seen my liver cushion...?
Old 10-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #339
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Altoona , Florida
Enchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2 View Post
Enchanted Trails is finally becoming aluminized...Razrback is here, Bob&Lou got in earlier this afternoon, and a couple from California(just passin' thru on their way to Kentucky) pulled in...all in all, a nice addition to the park...we're planning on practicing the happy hour-grazing stuff before Friday...firing up the grills, fire dancer(B&L's)...I heard mention of a margarita possibility...lordy!, has anyone seen my liver cushion...?
I called last night and they said they had some spaces and then put me on hold forever. When I called back, they were closed. Now I have no cell service.
Would one of you go to the office and reserve me a place? If not, I'll boondock at the landfill across the street. I should be in about noon then gotta go shopping for the chile thing - Gona be 3 place awarded prizes. 2nd and third are to be shared.

Last year went on balloon ride - This year maybe the tram
Old 10-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #340
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Wow - prizes and all - this is going to be good - who is judging this? Lewster and I were talked and we can help in the judging if you like.....

Ken J
Rally
restoration rally
Closed Thread