Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:33 AM   #99
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmini
OUR TTQ has been in exile in Quartzsit all winter. But before you throw him out a window, , or behead him, make sure you get the tiara back from him.That cost BIG $$$$.
Just to be fair(political statement), I have a throw-down tiara stashed...

"...undeserving..."...!!!??? I have lied, cheated, bribed, behaved shamelessly, and done other things no self-respecting politico or royalty(oxymoron AND truth-in-advertising) would have THOUGHT of...all in the name of a herald I MUST have been born to(don't anyone tell my mom)...

"...tyrant..."!!!??? Well, I know that such insubordination is worthy of reprehensible retribution,,,but I'm benign...I'll have one of my minions do you in.

I have, in my youth(yes,I had one...Yes, I'm still enjoying it) thrown myself out of a few windows...and I have landed in some really deep stuff somewhere around the same time(s)...what more do you really require for qualifications? I'm not anyone's grand-daughter(that I know of, but it wouldn't help me with this audience if I was...)...

I also(ok, WE, own an Airstream Motorhome, BUT, it looks like a silver-tuibey kinda thing with wheels in the front, too, and requires much Forums assistance and commiseration to keep it happy...Oh, yeah, it also requires periodic infusions of a bartering system called...C A S H...besides, I don't think you'll find me on the WBCCI podium of self-inflicted importance anytime in this century...I don't own a vest or beret, and the only flag flying below the Good Ol' Stars and Stripes is the Flamingo wind sock and its baby...oh, and the windchime made of bleached bone fragment, obsolete light bulbs(from an AS), fishing line, frame chain, a rusty tin can, and a gift for visual/auditory art from Mr Michael(Artstream)...hot glue and an imagination brought all this together; I'm the proud, current guardian...

If you wanted to vote for me, but missed the innaugural crowning, PLEASE!!!(shameless groveling) send that vote for me in TONIGHT...
BUT WAIT!!!!!!!!!IF YOU SEND IN THAT VOTE TONIGHT(FOR ME) YOU GET A SECOND VOTE FOR ME FREE11111 TAX NON-DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED...

Hope I didn't leave any flat stones unturned when I crawled out from under them

As always, I hope, despite the banter, that this finds all of you healthy and happy...
mike

We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
Old 04-18-2008, 08:24 AM   #100
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Well, Mike, I'm not sure this changes anything or not. ANYBODY who gets to spend winters in AZ and tell people staying in cold winter torture chambers like Angel Fire about it should be punished at some level!

(In truth, even though it snowed yesterday, spring is coming here. Tiny little green grass sprigs are starting to show, and places like Taos are covered with buds!)

Lynn

Old 04-18-2008, 07:04 PM   #101
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
livin' the dream!

Yay! We'll be there!!! Thank you Ken!

Have dreamed of going for half my life, and now get to do it in an AS, which is another dream that has been fulfilled! God is SO generous Not to be greedy, but still dreamin' of full-timing in a vintage custom AS

This will be our big trip for this year and we are looking forward to meeting y'all. Hoping my mom will agree to join us, she has wanted to go since the beginning. This would be way cool to share with her!

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Old 04-18-2008, 07:18 PM   #102
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
This is so great you are getting to join us - I'm looking forward to meeting you and hope that your mom can make it. Maybe you can pick up my mother in the way in NJ - just kidding....

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Old 04-18-2008, 07:38 PM   #103
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Mom is gonna save for her vacation (no bennies, no paid time off!) and I am trying to get her flights with airmiles points - unless someone wants to bring her down from Seattle? She is lots of fun! She does snore something fierce, though, I once thought a bear was trying to brake into the borrowed poptop we were sharing

We have room for you mom in the TV, Ken. We are planning an adventure that includes upstate NY, Detroit, Atlanta, Alabama, and of course, Albuquerque Still working on the rest of the plan, but it will come together. Will have one or two home educated kids with me, besides my one (trying to borrow some), so it will be a grand explore!

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Old 04-30-2008, 01:45 PM   #104
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
The FCU looks at snoring as white noise at night - it makes us sleep better

We are up to 33 units attending, and I've asked for a couple more for a nice round number of 35 - this rally is going to rock! Now that the restoration rally is behind us (if you not checked out the thread, you should - what a time was had by all) it is now time to start planning the Balloon rally, so you will be hearing from the planning committee soon.

We did so well getting 22 units to arrive at the field at once last year - we can get 35 in this year! - Thinking about splitting up an east and west group all meeting at the intersection of I25 and I40 at once - that will be cool!

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 04-30-2008, 01:55 PM   #105
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
Thinking about splitting up an east and west group all meeting at the intersection of I25 and I40 at once - that will be cool!

Ken J.
I can see it now......shut down the fly over (I think that is what they call the transition road) at the I25 and I40........fill it with Airstreams coming from both directions...cool all right...pj
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
Old 05-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #106
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Thats what I thought too - lets see if we can pull it off

Ken J
Rally
restoration rally
Old 05-01-2008, 11:08 AM   #107
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Channel 4 should be there too! They always cover events leading up to the Fiesta opening.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #108
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Abq Balloon Rally

Can not wait for Oct.We are starting that way on the 3rd of May.Off to the cool pines of the high country in Arizona.See you all at ABQ in about 6 months
Old 05-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #109
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Divert the cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
Thats what I thought too - lets see if we can pull it off

Ken J
Perhaps we can divert the cops away from their security check points to ease the way!!! paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
Old 05-03-2008, 12:10 AM   #110
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
We're on our way!!!...uhm, but we have a few days before October, so I guess we'll drag our feet a little...I need to practice saying 'whirled peas' thru a kazoo, anyway. El Paso is a little cool, and a little windy, and a LOT dirty, but it beats the 50+mph winds that cornered us in Deming for 2 1/2 days. Ah, well, onward towards Austin...
mike
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
Old 05-03-2008, 09:20 AM   #111
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
wow - can I come to Austin with you? what a great place....

Ken
Rally
restoration rally
Old 05-03-2008, 09:27 AM   #112
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Sure, come on down, the weather is fabulous. Highs around 80 and sunny right now. Overnight lows in the lower 60s.

Closed Thread