Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-23-2006, 02:01 PM   #1
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
2007 Texas State Vintage Rally

Texas Highland Lakes Unit is doing it again! And this time, the North Texas Unit is joining us as co-hosts

Don't let your trailer sit unused all winter. Join us in east Texas. This rally is centered around vintage trailers with an open house and judging, but Airstreams of every and every vintage are invited.

Set aside January 31-February 4 to come to Haven's Landing at Montgomery, Texas. Haven's Landing is a first-class park with all full-hookups on concrete pads and a fine meeting hall.

We have 100 sites reserved for this rally and we need 60 rigs to get the meeting facilities free. We had 51 rigs attending at McKinney Falls SP for our first big vintage rally in February, 2006, so we certainly should be able to get 60 or more out the next time.

This will be conducted very like a Forums rally. There will be a potluck one evening and a catered meal one evening and probably some continental breakfasts. There should be some seminars but no other sceduled activities. Don't look for berets, pomp, and processions; it won't happen.

ALL Airstream owners are invited. WBCCI membership is not required. We will certainly invite you though, without pressure.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:48 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
Elizabeth , Colorado
Where is Montgomery TX?
WBCCI #5345
62 Globe Trotter 19'
69 Sovereign 31'
04 E-350 Van 6.0 diesel
stagecoachbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
John,
Can you please give a link to Haven's Landing? Thanks.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #4
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagecoachbill
Where is Montgomery TX?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoominC6
Can you please give a link to Haven's Landing? Thanks.
Montgomery is just west of Conroe, TX, near I-45, about 55 miles northwest of Houston. Montgomery is an easy tow from Austin, Houston, or the DFW area.

We held a unit rally there several years ago and the 2005 WBCCI IBT was held there. It is one of the top 5 parks that I have ever visited.
WBCCI #9632
Old 05-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
website

There is a link to the website for Havens landing on the link to the aboe review locale. Nice RV Park, easy access less than 20 miles from my home. I want to see you there.

Kay
carnegie1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:17 PM   #6
30' 1999 Excella

Kingwood , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tin Diesel
Park website link

here's the link

http://www.havenslanding.com/flash-web.htm
Tin Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:42 PM   #7
Contributing Member

Good news

The North Texas Unit is joining our Highland Lakes Unit as co-hosts for the rally. That is good news since we now have two of the largest and most active units in the region working together to insure that it comes off well.

We have 100 sites reserved at Haven's Landing and will start to take reservations for those sites starting in late fall, 2006, probably late October.
WBCCI #9632
Old 08-29-2006, 11:38 AM   #8
Contributing Member

Some new info

The rally information and a registration form is now up on the Region 9 website. All owners of Airstream products are invited, so don't let the blank for WBCCI number throw you if you are not a member. That blank is there only to make some of the WBCCI brass happy (or less unhappy).

Not too much hard schedule information yet, here's what I know so far:
  • Wednesday: arrival day. Registration. Dinner on your own since we expect a lot of late arrivals.
  • Thursday: Seminars and demos. A simple pot luck or chili dump that evening
  • Friday: Seminars and demos. A catered dinner and entertainment
  • Saturday: Swap table. Vintage and new Airstream open house. Sausage wraps & fixings that evening
  • Sunday: departure day

We have 100 sites reserved and the vintage trailers will all be on "Vintage Row". For the open house, there will be parking at the end of vintage row and only foot traffic on the row itself. The open house will be widely advertised.

Montgomery is a small "arty" town with a number of antique and other shops.
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-19-2006, 05:34 PM   #9
Contributing Member

Notice to all prospective attendees

For anyone who can attend only part of the rally, we will adjust the rally fee as required. If you are in this situation, please call Jerry Jackson at jerry@gaj.com, or 512-832-5663 or 512-431-8536 to determine the rally fee required.
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #10
Contributing Member

More good news

For those working folks with limited time, we have made arrangements with the RV park that will allow us to stay until 3PM on Sunday without extra charges wnd they will not balk if some stay until 5pm.

We are considering moving the swap table to Sunday morning to free up more time the other days and make use of our extra time on Sunday.

The Airstream Company will be donating door prizes and ice cream. We are working with them on having a Base Camp on display along with the several new trailers our dealer is bringing.
WBCCI #9632
Old 12-07-2006, 03:58 PM   #11
Contributing Member

Tentative schedule

I just posted a tentative schedule at http://www.wbregion9.org/Vintage%20Sched.pdf.

Changes can and will be made at least until mid-January when we go to the printers for schedules. We expect to add more seminars including a "Great Ideas" seminar based on my column in Airstream Life.
WBCCI #9632
Old 12-17-2006, 11:40 AM   #12
Contributing Member

Deadline Change

The registration deadline has been extended to January 15. We will go to the printer on that date for schedules and attendee lists for those attending.

The park has graciously permitted us to stay until 3PM on Sunday without extra charge and we can even push it till 5 if necessary. We have moved the swap table to Sunday morning followed by a potluck lunch. For those who cannot get there at the very start of the rally, this effectively gives us another day.

Remember, if you can not attend the full rally, we still want you to come. Call Jerry Jackson at jerry@gaj.com, or 512-832-5663 or 512-431-8536 to determine the rally fee required.[/U][/I][/B]
WBCCI #9632
Old 12-17-2006, 02:38 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Talking I hope my Airstream's big enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
... Join us in east Texas. This rally is centered around vintage trailers ... WBCCI membership is not required...
This sounds like a perfect trip for my Overlander's first outing to Texas with Kim & I leading the way.

If we can line up my mom & dad to watch the Boyz for a few days, we would like to attend as we have really enjoyed The Lone Star State in past visits.

In Shiner Bock in season in January?

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:41 AM   #14
Contributing Member

Time to sign up is growing short

The deadline for registering has been extended to Jan 15 if you want to be assured of the catered meal and a listing in the rally booklet.

You can register right up to the rally, however, by getting in touch with Jerry Jackson at 512-832-5663 or 512-431-8536 (cell). We can't assure you the catered meal after Jan 15, but we will adjust the rally fee accordingly.

We have over 60 rigs registered to date with over 20 vintage. We hav 8 seminars scheduled so far ... I'm giving one based on my column in Airstream Life. Fred of "Phred says" will aso give a seminar.

I'm leaving this morning for Haven's Landing for a final planning meeting with Jerry and all of the rally chairpersons. We want to make this a rally to remember.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-04-2007, 06:55 AM   #15
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
If this rally ends up being just half as much fun as the one last year, it will be a total success and from the rally schedule, it would appear that this will be the rally which will serve as THE model for fun rallies to come. Everyone is welcome, WBCCI membership is not required, pay for only the days you attend, eight seminars, entertainment by Deep Water, a catered meal, pot luck meals, free sausage wrap meal, free donunts or sweetrolls and coffee every morning, tour of vintage and new units on display, a great campground, kid friendly with plenty for kids to do, unscheduled time, a swap meet, vintage row, 60 to 100 trailers, sponsored by the two BEST units in Texas, a Base Camp, a Squarestream, possibly an Airstream 5th wheel, David Tidmore, Fred Ettline, John Irwin, Les Dodgen, Tom Patterson, Rene Ettline, Questions and Answers by Jim Gardner of Airstream, no formality, plenty of fun and some of the greatest people on the planet.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:38 AM   #16
Contributing Member

FromSunday.

I arrived at 2PM yesterday to find an aluminum city already in place; some of the North Texas Unit have been here since Sunday. Only 4 vintage so far, including 3 fairly rare rigs. By 5PM, there was at least 30 Airstreamt on site. We had a Happy Hour, disussed today's parking assignments, and went to a great catfish restaurant. We have 70 rigs signed up.

Free wi-fi here. KOA bought this park in December. New name for this park is "Houston North/Lake Conroe KOA.

Today, I'm working vintage parking along with several others from my unit while the North Texas unit is parking non-vintage. We have the best-ever vintage parking situation; all vintage are together along a pretty lake on a side loop with no thru traffic. A perfect situation for the open house Saturday.

Tonight, I'm giving Fred Coldwell's Powerpoint presentation on vintage Airstreams that he gave at the 50th International. Tomorrow, I'm giving a Powerpoint presentation based on past and future ideas from my column in Airstream Life magazine. Later, Phred of "Phred Says" will give a talk, David Tidmore will give a talk on disc brakes, and there will be a polishing seminar.

We're talking about next year's vintage rally already. It will probably be at San Antonio.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-31-2007, 07:27 AM   #17

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We will be there today

We have been on the road since Monday. We are in Houston this morning. We have been visiting friends here. We will depart later this morning for Montgomery. We are looking forward to a great time. This is only our second rally.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:11 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I wish I could be there, please take pictures for those of us who are at (shall I say the word) work. My 78 would love to visit with others of his own kind. I hope I can make the next rally. San Antonio isn't that far; however, it's snowing hard here this morning and may do the same in Dallas, so I guess I'm glad I'm not on the road with my baby. Have lots of fun.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:37 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Houston Texas , Texas
Rally attendees...

Anyone there already heard how many units are registered? I will be up mid day Friday, (knock on wood better weather!!)
SafariSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

1968 20' Globetrotter
1959 26' Overlander
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Bastrop , Texas
We're on our way tomorrow!!!1
WBCCI #8689
68 Globetrotter
emo59 is offline   Reply With Quote