Old 01-21-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
1964 24' Tradewind
Plant City , Florida
Send a message via AIM to SwampBillies
2007 Florida State Rally

Is anyone going to this rally, or at least have any info on it? It would be the first rally we would be attending and I can't seem to find much info on it. I was able to obtain an application to attend, but I would love to know what is included in the fee. What type of activities are planned. Is there anything else I should know?

Old 01-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
1964 24' Tradewind
Plant City , Florida
Where are all the Florida people?

I posted a thread in Rally Discussions and noone has replied. Is there noone else going to the Florida State Rally? Being a total rookie, this would be my first rally. How dissappointing to be the only one there.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1990 25' Airstream 250
Altoona , Georgia
Smile

Check out April 20-22 rally
Old 01-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
1964 24' Tradewind
Plant City , Florida
Does this mean people just choose one?

I see the Rally posting for Pensacola in April. Looks like a good time, but are you saying that everyone is going to wait for that and not go to the Florida State Rally. I was told the State Rally was one of the largest. Maybe I was misinformed.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Louisville , Kentucky
There is usually 500-600 units at the Florida State Rally. It is one of my favorites. I would go just for the coffee and do-nuts each morning
Old 01-22-2007, 10:39 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
1964 24' Tradewind
Plant City , Florida
Tell me more!

Now that is more of what I was looking for! But I am still concerned. If there are 500+ units there, why is noone on here talking about it or planning on going and meeting up? I can't even find a breakdown of what is planned. I have never been to a rally, and I have several questions.
Are any meals included in the fee? How much food do I need to bring? Is there a potluck dinner? Do I need to plan for that? Are there any activities planned? Is there anything I need to bring in relation to them?
Old 01-22-2007, 10:44 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Check to see if the WBCCI web site has been updated yet, it may be posted there. It was not for a while, too busy recruiting SOB MOHOs?
Old 01-22-2007, 10:59 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
1964 24' Tradewind
Plant City , Florida
Scary isn't it?

I have been reading about that. It figures, as soon as I get my Airstream, joint the "Airstream" club, get all excited about getting the see and meet all the other Airstreamers, that's when they decide to mess the whole thing up. And then I can't even find anyone else going to this rally. I checked the WBCCI website and they have the rally posted there but no details. I did email the local unit and they sent me an application that tells me I need to send in $135 to attend. I emailed him back to ask what was included in that but got no reply. So I am just stuck. Don't know what to do.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Just do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMPBILLIES
I have been reading about that. It figures, as soon as I get my Airstream, joint the "Airstream" club, get all excited about getting the see and meet all the other Airstreamers, that's when they decide to mess the whole thing up. And then I can't even find anyone else going to this rally. I checked the WBCCI website and they have the rally posted there but no details. I did email the local unit and they sent me an application that tells me I need to send in $135 to attend. I emailed him back to ask what was included in that but got no reply. So I am just stuck. Don't know what to do.
Just go, you'll have a good time and meet other Airstreamers....try to park with other vintage (VAC) folks, since you will have common interests with your generation of trailer.

I can't speak specifically for the FL State Rally, but typically, a rally fee covers parking, water, electric, sewer(?), entertainment & maybe a meal or two. Of course, the displays, vintage open house, social aspects & happy hour experiences are always included!

Don't be too put off by the lack of upfront info...you will get all the schedules & info upon arrival & check-in.

You may want to PM 'jbond' - Herb & Sidra are GREAT people, good friends and I know they are going - they'll show you the ropes! I'd love to go sometime...I'm just "geographically challenged" this time of year!

The good news is, it's not out in the boonies, if you forget something, I'm sure there is a Wal-Mart or something nearby! Everybody is in the same boat on their first rally - it's new, you don't know what to expect. That's normal...just go with no expectations and you won't be disappointed.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic
Ocala , Florida
The rally starts on Wednesday, February 21 and runs through Sunday morning February 25, 2007. It is at the Fairgrounds in Sarasota. When you arive in the parking lot out front you will be excorted to a parking area. You have rally power and water. Bring a free flowing "Y" to connect up to your neighbors water hose. A heavy duty extension cord is suggested since you may need to get your power connection over 5o feet away. The power will be enough to keep your batteries charged. Refrig operates on gas. TV runs on rally power. No AC

Every morning there is coffee and donuts. Seminars during the day on a variety of topics. Each evening there is entertainement and ice cream as well as door prizes. Saturday evening is a BBQ dinner with two different serving times. There will be a caft show Satruday and a Flea Market. You sign up fro a table at the rally.

Seminars will include travel topics, discussions with the International officials, Q&A with the Airstream Exec's as well as Airstream having a store setup and repair people on site.

Lots to see and do in the area. Clubs try to arrive together so they can park together. If you have a vintage they have a special area out front for parking if you desire. On Saturday the many of the Vintage folks have open house.

Expect Bate RV to have a bunch of units onsite For Sale.

Many people eat out at local eatries and otherscook in there rigs (we do).

Our unit is a volunteer unit to help with setting up and taking down. As such we are allowed to park early on Monday.

Hope this helps

John Miller
WBCCI # 1855
Florida Springs Unit
Old 01-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #11
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMPBILLIES
So I am just stuck. Don't know what to do.

Have you tried starting a thread on the WBCCI.org forums similar to this one.You may be able to get more info or hook up with someone else going.If you are not comfortable doing that on the WBCCI site let me know and I will start one for you.Sometimes even the most basic information is hard to obtain.Sad really in this day and age.Good luck and try not to get too discouraged.
I hope you can find a WBCCI unit that meets your needs.Sometimes you just have to look around.
Also keep an eye open for any forum rallies that may be planned in your area.You will find lots of Airstream enthusiasts in both groups.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:24 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic
Ocala , Florida
From the WBCCI Website

FLORIDA STATE RALLY
SARASOTA, FLORIDA

Florida State Hoedown Ė Thatís what you will find at this yearís Sarasota Rally. We will have seminars, entertainment, games, dancing, crafts, demos, contests and tours. There will also be breakfasts, a catered dinner and ice cream. Happiness now is a computer class in picking up emails with your cell phone and sewing projects which includes an alteration class (bring something to alter). Donít miss out, come join the fun.
START: 02/21/2007
Old 01-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
The Florida State rally will be well attended with many vendors. There will be entertainment as well as meals. Many of the people that put the Florida State rally together have been at the IBT so that may be the reason you haven't heard from them. I will be there along with many others , Looking forward to seeing you there.
Rick
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #14
4 Rivet Member

OK, from memory as a participant last year ....

Don't let all the current stuff discourage you. There will still be 400-600 Airstreams at this rally. Its always the sceond largest every year. And the Vintage Airstream Club will be there to improve on the fun. So come on and join us!

Are any meals included in the fee?
Yes, coffee/donuts every morning and a catered Saturday Night dinner.

How much food do I need to bring?
Depends, there's many good restaurants nearby. The fairgrounds is close to Amish community with several good places to eat. Also there's a tourist attaction on the beach with super Cuban sandwichs. You are on your own for all lunches and evening meals except for Sat night.

Is there a potluck dinner?
Most units plan a unit meal during the rally, may be at a restaurant or potluck at the rally site. The Vintage Airstream Club (trailers 25 years or older) will have a Potluck dinner one night I'm sure also.

Do I need to plan for that?
If you attend the Vintage potluck plan on a dessert or something to go with Chicken. We usually charge a modest fee and go buy the meat for the meal.

Are there any activities planned?
There's a full schedule of seminars during the day and nightly entertainment. Part of the rally fee goes for entertainment. A schedule isn't published beforehand but you get a printed booklet with the schedule when you arrive.

Is there anything I need to bring in relation to them?
Not that I think of.

ALSO
You will be parked at a fairgrounds with all activites on site. Plan on having only 3 amps of electricity and shared water and no sewer except for a dump site on the fairgrounds. For water you need to have your tank full when you arrive and have a white water hose and a water hose Y. Water hoses are daisy chained from trailer to trailer using the Y. The power at 3 amps means no appliances, hair driers, heaters etc as the circuit is shared amonst the trailers near by and use of a a heater, coffee pot etc will pop the breaker.
Depending on when you arrive you may be in the Bull Pen for a while until you are parked inside the fairgrounds. Just be patient. If you arrive at night you can spend the night in the bull pen.

The Vintage Airstream Club (a intraclub or sub club within WBCCI) parks together somewhere near the back of the grounds and has daily Happy Hour gatherings and a Vintage Airstream Open House on Saturday. Its for those that want to open their Trailers for viewing. Usually there's an annoucement in the paper and lots of people show up to admire the vintage units.

I'm attaching a schedule from 2005 to give you an idea of the activities. But realize this year will be different from this old schedule. Also the fee includes your nightly parking fee.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pocket Schedule FSR 2005.pdf (54.5 KB, 112 views)