Old 02-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

1956 22' Safari
2000 39' Land Yacht XL Diesel w/slide
Crossville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levon
Would like to meet all of the forums members that attend (put a face with a name).

Levon
Hey Levon, did you say you wanted us to make faces at you?

WBCCI #6673 jerry Hodge
Have no intention of arriving at the grave safely, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,throttle in the other, totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!"
steelbird312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

1985 27' Sovereign
1981 22' Excella II
Currently Looking...
Colbert , Georgia
Hi Jerry, seems like I remember your face....hope to see you there. If you want to make a different face, you might confuse me, so keep that same look.

Levon

Old 02-11-2007, 06:26 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member

1956 22' Safari
2000 39' Land Yacht XL Diesel w/slide
Crossville , Tennessee
All you guys going to Sarasota, have a good time. I won't be able to be there- I have to leave for China on Tu for a coupla' weeks.
Someone will need to eat my share of ice cream!
WBCCI #6673 jerry Hodge
Have no intention of arriving at the grave safely, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,throttle in the other, totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!"
steelbird312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:00 AM   #32
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
You make it sound like going to China is bad thing, let us know if there are any AS there.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello Everyone

Hi... We will be coming in for the day on Sat.. Hope to meet some of you..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
I'm not certain of what all my duties will be while I am there, however if no one objects I will post on the bulletin board a time and place for a Fourms Happy Hour. I need to check my scedule so I don't overbook. Not certain about the availabiltiy of wifi there but if I can get on line I will try to post some during the rally.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:39 AM   #35
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
I'm not certain of what all my duties will be while I am there, however if no one objects I will post on the bulletin board a time and place for a Fourms Happy Hour. I need to check my scedule so I don't overbook. Not certain about the availabiltiy of wifi there but if I can get on line I will try to post some during the rally.
WiFi is not really available there, or at least hasn't been in years past, although there are several spots just off the grounds that you could hook up to. There are several dial-up connections that I have used in the past. They work, but man are they s-l-o-w.
BTW, Rick, I/we are tentatively considering coming up for an hour or two on Friday.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:23 AM   #36
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
If you need to get online you can jump on my laptop I have a Verizon card you're more than welcome as anyone else that needs to communicate with the real world.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #37
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Rick can you give us a heads up on the Sat dinner?

layout, food, dress up down etc

Old 02-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #38
tincantom

1975 25' Tradewind
Crossville , Tennessee
Thumbs up More on FLState Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
Just go, you'll have a good time and meet other Airstreamers....try to park with other vintage (VAC) folks, since you will have common interests with your generation of trailer.
We've been many times and always enjoyed it. In fact we find it a better overall rally than International many years. Your registration fee includes water, (rally) electric and a dump at the end of the rally. If you aren't familiar with rally electric, it is about 3 (that's three) amps, but that's enough to keep your batteries charged, run fans and radio or tv (of course your lights are battery powered) so you'll be comfortable. NO AC (you shouldn't need it), electric coffee maker, iron, or hair curlers to name a few high voltage items. There are FREE donuts and coffee every morning and free ice cream every night. A lot of the women who feel the need take their curling irons to the bathrooms where there 30 amps are available. There are lots of seminars on everything from cooking to solar power, ham radio, and on the road communications as well as info on upcoming caravans and other events. Lots of good door prizes. The rally site is in town so there are lots of stores available. Your neighbors, your unit or the VAC, if you park with them will usually have social gatherings like happy hour, maybe a potluck but often will go out to restaurants and fast food places, many within walking distance. While you are there you don't want to miss at least one meal at one of the many Amish Restaurants in the neighborhood. If you really like to cook there are stores nearby so you don't have to bring a load of groceries. There is one free (usually) good dinner on Sat nite. I believe this year's theme is "hoedown" or something to do with western wear. I'd suggest you go back to the Pensacola Unit website and ask there for this info or any other specifics. I'm sure you'll get an answer there. I'd echo the above - just go and you won't regret it - and don't worry yo won't be alone.
tom
Old 02-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
The dinner is pretty kicked back, neat and clean would be my idea of proper dress. Most men wear long pants to dinner but hey its Florida. The weather will probably dictate your clothing not a dress code. Its a time to socialize and have fun and no one is going to be paying much attention to what you are wearing, within reason.
It will be a catered meal so that means byob, bring your own body, everything else will be porvided. The meal will be in the meeting hall and it is usually a good one, don't miss it.
Your seating will be as you line up outside the hall. If you have particular friends you want to sit with then get up with them and get in line together. The tables, to the best of my recollection, are set up in a line about 30 to the table. You come in and are served then go to your appointed table. Its kind of fun not knowing who you are going to be having dinner with as you get to meet some interesting people this way.
You guys have had me on a shopping trip today thanks for all the ideas for the firsttimmers, you came up with some that I would have overlooked.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:23 PM   #40
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Thanks for that explaination, I thought I saw something about a swap area or someplace to sell what you don't need or buy some stuff. I not talking about vendors just owners.

After gutting mine I have some stuff that needs a good home, but if it's not an active thing there I'll throw them on Ebay.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #41
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets
Thanks for that explaination, I thought I saw something about a swap area or someplace to sell what you don't need or buy some stuff. I not talking about vendors just owners.

After gutting mine I have some stuff that needs a good home, but if it's not an active thing there I'll throw them on Ebay.
The swap meet is Saturday morning, you just have to reserve a table when you register.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:36 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
swap meet

Hey if anyone sees that step stabilizer for Airstream steps that goes from an under beam to the second step (post with a lip) will you pick it up for me? Not those wedges that you install on both sides. I saw members come away with some back in 2005 at Sarasota but the vendors were gone by the time I found out about those. I have tried to contact people and search for them but so far to no avail. I will gladly pay you for the item and shipping and something towards your time. Or even ask them to hold one and get me a contact info and I will deal direct. I really want one.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for it if you are attending the swap meet or vendor's areas.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote