Old 01-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
1964 24' Tradewind
Plant City , Florida
Send a message via AIM to SwampBillies
Thank You All So Much!

Well, I do feel much better. At least I have some idea of what to expect. The only scary thing is no A/C. Hmmmm....hot flashes in a tt with no fan or A/C. I might not tell my husband that one little part.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:59 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Thanks Herb (jbond) for filling us newbees in. Having just attended the Forums rally in Destin, I too was a little confused that there didn't seem to be any response to this.

Question on services: You explained water (daisy chained--hope everyone doesn't flush at the same time ) and electricity (3a only). What about dump facilities? My 23' only has an 18 gal Black tank and a little larger Gray tank. If I don't dump every two to three days, we're in trouble. Sounds like a "Blue Boy" might be needed, or does everyone just unhook and pull over to a station when needed?

Also, do they allow attendance without a trailer? We might want to come across the state for the day and see what's happening, visit the vendors, etc. if I can't get the time off. We're not WBCCI members yet (Airstream just sent us our package, and we just heard from the FL Unit membership chairman), so this might be informative for us to see even if we can't camp.

2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1990 32' Excella
Saint Petersburg, , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to Tom Randall
My first rally, too!!

Hi Swampbillies,

This is to be my first outing also. I am getting everything together and the posts in this thread have been a big help. As I travel alone, I like to give myself the time and make sure all my paperwork is complete. Pay whoever whatever amount etc.

I am having a service guy recomend to me by the South Florida Chapter (the one I joined) going over my silver hut next week.

Thanks for starting this thread.... and looking forward to meeting some members from this forum there also . Hope I get my AIR stickers and my WBCCI # by then
Tom & his travelin' Pal - Rusty Dog the Doxie

WBCCI # 1946AIR # 18277
Tom Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:57 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

more answers

What about dump facilities? My 23' only has an 18 gal Black tank and a little larger Gray tank. If I don't dump every two to three days, we're in trouble. Sounds like a "Blue Boy" might be needed, or does everyone just unhook and pull over to a station when needed?

First there are restrooms on site. Our 9 gal black tank serves us for the rally by using the fairgrounds facilities when possible. There is a dump site (one) on the grounds but depending on where you are parked you may not be able to move until later in the rally. Wash water is the Airstream name for gray water and it can go to the ground overnight. They say not to release it during the day. Many just crack the wash water valve at night. I don't have a wash water tank but do have a "huge" bucket (it has a small hole in it).

Also, do they allow attendance without a trailer? We might want to come across the state for the day and see what's happening, visit the vendors, etc. if I can't get the time off. We're not WBCCI members yet (Airstream just sent us our package, and we just heard from the FL Unit membership chairman), so this might be informative for us to see even if we can't camp.

I don't think they have a daily fee. When you check in at the site each person gets a ribbon to add to the WBCCI name badge. Sometimes like at the nightly entertainment or the catered meal the ushers check for the ribbon. I think you would be able to enter the vendors area or the Airstream Store and see the rally site w/o the ribbon but I'm not sure. We trie to pay one time at a International rally and they told us to go where we wanted during the day at no charge. They are a little sensitive in that sometimes people crash the rally and stay all week w/o paying. You certainly are welcome at the Vintage Open House on Saturday. The vendors may be closing up on Saturday afternoon though and I think the Airstream store will be closing down also. Most eveyone leaves on Sunday morning so don't come on Sunday.

The only scary thing is no A/C. Hmmmm....hot flashes in a tt with no fan or A/C.

Even though this is Florida, it will still probably be cool to cold in Feb. Could be as high as 80 though. Just open the windows. Or get the Fantastic vendor to install a Fantastic Fan. They run off the battery so they will work.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:58 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
1964 24' Tradewind
Plant City , Florida
Tom,
It's so nice to know I am not the only rookie. I am also waiting for my WBCCI numbers. I called and had the numbers that were originally on our trailer reserved, and I sent in the money so hopefully I will have everything before the rally. The AS is an incomplete project but hopefully she will be up to this short trip. I am excited to make her maiden voyage! I am also looking forward to meeting other forum members!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

I don't know of a web page for the Fl State Rally. So here is a scan of the Blue Beret registration coupon.

http://www.airforums.com/photo...ge.php?i=14482
Old 02-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
The dates are Feb 20-25. There will be seminars, I will be giving a first timers seminar, as well as vendors, Airstream, Dometic, Reese and others. A&W will be there to embroider club logs and anything else you would like to have on your shirts, hats jackets or anything else made of fabric. I have attended rallys based on A&W being there. There will be evening entertainment, games, crafts, demostrations and tours. There will be breakfast on the grounds as well as catered dinners and ice cream. One of the highlights is the Saturday flea market. Many hard to find Airstream items will be on display, if you have any that you no longer want or need this is a good time to let someone share your treasure. There is no cost involved in obtaining a table for the flea market. Hope to see you there.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:28 AM   #22
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Unfortunately, due to my personal disaster, we will not be able to attend the rally this year. I would strongly urge anyone thinking of attending this rally to do so. There are many things to do at this, the second-largest WBCCI rally every year. Plesae post many pictures, as I am going to be stuck at home fuming that I am not there.
There is also the chance for a forum rally at the WBCCI rally, even if it is only a forums happy hour.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1990 32' Excella
Saint Petersburg, , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to Tom Randall
Tarheel, I will certainly want to attend your seminar. By the way, can I bring Rusty Dog? I have soooo many questions - but I will just give it a go. Learn as I go. Plus, a few members from the South Florida Unit #30 will be there that have offered to help me. Happy to hear about the food - and even the vendors! Hope to learn alot.
Tom & his travelin' Pal - Rusty Dog the Doxie

WBCCI # 1946AIR # 18277
Tom Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
1964 24' Tradewind
Plant City , Florida
Tarheel
We would also like to attend your seminar. Obviously, we have a lot to learn. If there is going to be a forum happy hour, please send me an invite! I would love to get to meet some of you in person! I am so excited to go to this rally. Only 2 more week ends to get Betty ready for the trip!

Debbie & Lewis Adkins
WBCCI #15754 --- AIR #18873
1972 - 31' Sovereign International (Betty)
1964 - 24' Tradewind (Glory)
2002 Ford F250 Super Duty
SwampBillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:43 PM   #25
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Count us in, will be leaving NY Monday the 19th, s/b there Tues eve.

Any issues coming in late in the evening?

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #26
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets
Count us in, will be leaving NY Monday the 19th, s/b there Tues eve.

Any issues coming in late in the evening?
You would be parked overnight in the "bull pen", that is, out front until morning.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:02 PM   #27
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Oh great now we have sleep with the cattle

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:17 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

1985 27' Sovereign
1981 22' Excella II
Currently Looking...
Colbert , Georgia
Almost Ready!

We are looking forward to another great Fla. State Rally. We didn't have a Vintage trailer last year, but hopefully will have a 60 Pacer ready for the road in another week. Just finished the interior, and now are working on the exterior.polishing/glass replacement/LP gas lines..still lots to do, but should be ready by next weekend. We will be in the vintage area this year! Would like to meet all of the forums members that attend (put a face with a name).

Levon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2291.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	32155   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2290.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	32156  

Click image for larger version