Old 01-20-2006, 09:01 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Smile 1/2 of Rig # 7032 will be in attendance

My Sister and I will be flying in to attend, she will be my guest as Leon does not have the vacation time to attend this event along with all the other New England events I've signed up for. We will be coming in from Manchester, NH on whatever airline has the cheapest fare. We will rent a room near the fairgrounds and attend the events with my Parents who will have their Airstream MH parked on site. So it's the best of both worlds for us, unlimited water and power at our hotel and a place to hang out, have lunch and use the bathroom at the rally in "The Blimp" ( my parent's MH).

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:05 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
My Sister and I will be flying in to attend, she will be my guest as Leon does not have the vacation time to attend this event along with all the other New England events I've signed up for. We will be coming in from Manchester, NH on whatever airline has the cheapest fare. We will rent a room near the fairgrounds and attend the events with my Parents who will have their Airstream MH parked on site. So it's the best of both worlds for us, unlimited water and power at our hotel and a place to hang out, have lunch and use the bathroom at the rally in "The Blimp" ( my parent's MH).
Michelle,

Great, drop by the vintage 3 amp area and say hi. We should be easy to spot, there probably won't be another 1977 Lincoln Continental in attendance. We should have flags flying on the 5 pole holder also.

Bill

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:08 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
Michelle,

Great, drop by the vintage 3 amp area and say hi. We should be easy to spot, there probably won't be another 1977 Lincoln Continental in attendance. We should have flags flying on the 5 pole holder also.

Bill
Cool! Will do! Oh, can I use your bathroom?

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:35 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
Cool! Will do! Oh, can I use your bathroom?
Michelle,

Of course, Airstreamers are giving people.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 01-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
International Schedule

Last week we received the registration confirmation for the International. In the packet was a statement that due to requests at last years first timer meeting a request was made to make the schedule available before you arrive, and as a result a schedule, subject to change, would be posted on the WBCCI website. The schedule, subject to change, has been posted at: http://www.wbcci.org/documents/Rally%20Activities.pdf

The vintage parade is scheduled for 10:00 AM on Monday, June 26 (great now we have to drive 951 miles in two days). The schedule also states the the Vintage Open House is on Friday, June 30. I believe that the open house should be on Saturday, can anyone tell me why Friday was selected?

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 01-31-2006, 11:09 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
VAC Events at the 2006 International

Here is my email to the VAC officers, Wayne Moore's reply and my response:

Wayne,

Thank you for your prompt response. I did not realize that the Vintage Parade was in connection with the Wagon Wheels Caravan, hopefully we will be able to participate in this caravan in the future. I assume that the Vintage parade is open to any vintage Airstream whether or not it is part of the Caravan? Can you tell me the location of the meeting place and where the vintage parking, both 3 amp and 30 amp, is located? Charlie Burke was kind enough to direct me to a map of the fairgrounds.

Wayne A. Moore wrote:
Hi Bill,

Most years the VAC sponsors a Caravan prior to the International Rally, "The Wagon Wheels". It runs the week before and takes months of preparation and coordination. The Vintage Club parade into International is held in conjunction with the parking date for the Caravan. Club members meet the caravan at a rendezvous point the day before our entry date to participate in the parade.

We coordinate our date to park with the WBCCI Caravan and Parking committee along with the 100 or more unit caravans, individuals and Intra-clubs that plan to attend. Because it takes days to park all the attendees, the parking dates must be well before the opening ceremonies. Many of our members like yourself still work and are in many cases more than 1000 miles away. The rally runs just one week prior to the 4th of July no matter what day of the week it is and the relative schedule of events tends to be the same each year. It is not practical given the number of activities we need to schedule after the VAC open house and concours to always conduct that on the weekend. Some years it works out on the weekends, this year it does not.

My wife Linda and I have attended 6 International Rallies and enthusiastically made the commitment to adjust our schedule to participate and enjoy ourselves to the fullest measure possible regardless of how the schedule affected our vacation time. It has not always been easy as our first 3 rallies were in the Dakotas, and at 1500 miles one-way from New Hampshire, it was quite challenging to save as many of those days as possible and to make the best and safest choices to get there in time to enjoy the company of the many friends we have made through past participation.

Realizing that many members have the same challenges, we invite you to join those members in their 2006 travel adventure to Salem Oregon for what should prove to be, another memorable gathering of the Vintage Airstream Club! Have a safe and enjoyable ride and join us when you can get there. Make sure you tell the parkers in the Bull Pen you want to park with the Vintage Club!

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me!

Wayne A. Moore
President
Vintage Airstream Club
VAC/WBCCI 15116

William Kerfoot <wkerfoot@socal.rr.com> wrote:
Last week we received the registration confirmation for the International. In the packet was a statement that due to requests at last years first timer meeting the schedule would be available on the WBCCI web site. That schedule has now been posted.

The schedule shows that the vintage parade is scheduled for 10:00 AM on Monday, June 26 even though the Rally does not begin until June 28. Why is the parade two days before opening? Having the parade on Monday, June 26 makes it very difficult for us, coming from So Calif, to make the parade especially since we cannot leave until Saturday and must then travel 951 miles in two days.

The schedule also states that the Vintage Open House is on Friday, June 30. I believe that the open house should be on Saturday as that is a day which would garner the most non member interest. Can anyone tell me why Friday was selected?

Thank you,

Bill Kerfoot
WBCCI/VAC #5223
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon
1977 Lincoln Continental
1979 23' Safari
and now a 1954 Double Door 30' Liner, oops its a 29' Liner
Orange, CA

http://www.tompatterson.com/gallery/...th-1979-Safari
http://www.tompatterson.com/gallery/album06

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 02-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #49
2 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
Sun Valley , Idaho
Rally Location

Where will this rally be held? We are new owners of a Bambi Quicksiver and
have never been to a Rally. We travel with our two Kerry Blue Terriers and
I want to know if they put "Pup" folks all in one area? What can we expect
at a Rally besides viewing many wonderful Airstreams? Thanking you in advance. Warm Regards & Happy Trails
Old 02-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettymsb
Where will this rally be held? We are new owners of a Bambi Quicksiver and
have never been to a Rally. We travel with our two Kerry Blue Terriers and
I want to know if they put "Pup" folks all in one area? What can we expect
at a Rally besides viewing many wonderful Airstreams? Thanking you in advance. Warm Regards & Happy Trails
Betty,

The rally is at the Fairgrounds in Salem, OR. Yes, they do put all of the dog people in one section.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 02-11-2006, 11:01 AM   #51
3 Rivet Member

Salem rally notebook

We have begun developing our own on-line notebook of information related to the WBCCI International Rally in Salem Oregon this year. From past experience and what seems to be the case with this rally, information is hard to come by and what there is is scattered all over the place. We hope our notebook will be a gathering place for all the assorted information regarding the Salem rally. Our notebook also includes links to photo galleries of past international rallies.

http://sierranevadaairstreams.org/sn...lly/index.html

This is a work in progress. If you have any information, experiences, questions, answers, or ideas you would like to share, please pass them along.

email salem@SierraNevadaAirstreams.org

Attending an international rally is a unique opportunity and part of the WBCCI history you should experience at least once. The more information you have and the better prepared you are, the more you will get out of the rally.
Sierra Nevada Unit #157
http://sierranevadaairstreams.org
SierraBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:38 PM   #52

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
For those who are unable to commit to a whole week of activities at the international, we are having an alternate forum rally at nearby Silver Falls SP the last weekend of international. This is for people who can't afford the big rally, or can't commit the time, or aren't members and want to get out that 4th of July weekend. Check it out on the rally calendar.

I had been hoping the Vintage open house would be on the weekend so we could go see the trailers, but I guess not. I don't know if outsiders would be welcome to the vintage open house anyway, it might have been just for attendees. I'm pretty disappointed about that, but what can you do? I know there's going to be a lot of forum folks in town for the international, and I was hoping to visit with some of them.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Steph,
We're registered for the International Rally in Salem. Your mention of the Silver Falls Rally is the first I've heard of that happening. I'll probably be ready to leave Salem by the end of the week! Might try to make two rallies back to back! There might even be some of the forum members from out of state (like Norbert at BB) that would consider attending after the International if we got the word out. Did we get the group site?

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
I don't know if outsiders would be welcome to the vintage open house anyway, it might have been just for attendees.
The VAC Open House is open to one and all...non-WBCCI members, forum members, non-AS owners, general public...anybody who shows up!

Seminars, entertainment, happy hours and other scheduled rally events are for rally participants/members only ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:08 PM   #55

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Thanks, Shari, I couldn't find anywhere that made that clear. So folks who have the day off from work can still go visit. I've always heard the vintage portion of international is the best part!

Yes Jim, we've got the group camp at Silver Falls booked. Darol set it up. It should be fun. We've got a thread on it over in the forum rally section. I don't intend to 'lure' anyone away from international though. Those who can go should go and enjoy themselves. This is a nearby alternative for those who aren't going (though if you wanted to leave early, that's your business ).

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
For those who are unable to commit to a whole week of activities at the international, we are having an alternate forum rally at nearby Silver Falls SP the last weekend of international. This is for people who can't afford the big rally, or can't commit the time, or aren't members and want to get out that 4th of July weekend. Check it out on the rally calendar.

I had been hoping the Vintage open house would be on the weekend so we could go see the trailers, but I guess not. I don't know if outsiders would be welcome to the vintage open house anyway, it might have been just for attendees. I'm pretty disappointed about that, but what can you do? I know there's going to be a lot of forum folks in town for the international, and I was hoping to visit with some of them.
Stephanie,

Let me know if you want to come by on Saturday or Sunday, I am sure that we can find something for you to look at.

Bill

Just my personal opinion