Old 04-11-2004, 02:17 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
2005 Region 9 Rally

The 2005 Region 9 Rally will be in Claremore, OK, April 6-12, 2005. It is usually somewhere in Texas, but this time we will be the folks that have a long drive to get there. This is a unique opportunity for all you folks in the midwest to attend. Great news, all sites will have full hookups with 30A power. Six nights for $72 plus $50 per adult ($45 if you register before March of 2005)! Free parking in the Bull Pen *no hookups) the night preceding the rally.

The registration form is on the Region 9 website at http://www.wbregion9.org/rally2005.html .

There are several great optional tours and great entertainment planned for each night.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Daily schedule now finalized

I have postedthe final draft of the daily schedule on the Region 9 website (http://wbregion9.org/)

WBCCI #9632
Old 04-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
About ready to go

I just unstuck the thread; if folks aren't already getting ready to go, they aren't coming.

The trailer is cleaned and Walburnized and tomorrow I'll start loading the first items to prepare for a Tuesday morning departure. Since my Classic will be on display at the Sunday open house, I have to take a few more items along than we take for an ordinary rally. For instance, I'll have to take carrying cages for the cats during the open house and more cleaning supplies than we usually take.

I'll be presenting a PowerPoint seminar on unit website development at the rally.
WBCCI #9632
Old 04-03-2005, 11:29 PM   #4
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Hillsboro , Texas
Claremore Bound

Pahaska,

I am leaving Dallas Wednesday morning. If someone is traveling and wouldn't mind me tagging along or if there is a caravan, I'd to join in. This is my first WBCCI function so I'm looking forward to attending.

Is there a link to direction to Claremore?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:51 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
that looks like fun!

Great Link. The RV park and full hook-up and price sounds terrific. Take lots of pictures and have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
I just unstuck the thread; if folks aren't already getting ready to go, they aren't coming.

The trailer is cleaned and Walburnized and tomorrow I'll start loading the first items to prepare for a Tuesday morning departure. Since my Classic will be on display at the Sunday open house, I have to take a few more items along than we take for an ordinary rally. For instance, I'll have to take carrying cages for the cats during the open house and more cleaning supplies than we usually take.

I'll be presenting a PowerPoint seminar on unit website development at the rally.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:13 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Hurry!

The site is on Okla 20 between Claremore and Pryor. Look for the big sign along the highway for "Will Rogers Downs". The info is in the March/April newsletter at this location

The daily schedule is also on the website at this location . Hurry, though, since I will be taking those pages down tomorrow (Monday) afternoon before leaving early Tuesday morning for the rally.
WBCCI #9632
Old 04-14-2005, 10:54 AM   #7
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Great rally

The rally went just fine.

We had 5 nights of very good entertainment, 3 great breakfasts, 2 good dinners, and one disastrous dinner. For $45, I sure can't complain. We arrived there in driving rain and some folks were parked in swamps, but the region ordered tow trucks to move them and there were plenty of dryer sites available. I was in the Platinum parking area since I had agreed to show my trailer at the Sunday open house. It was reasonably dry where I was parked.

The rally site was recently purchased from the bankrupt previous owner by the Cherokee Nation. There was a lot of reconstruction going on which made some of the meetings a little noisy. All in all, though, the Cherokee Nation really took care of us very well. The next rally was already starting to fill the sites when we left.

Coming home, I led a caravan of 5 Classic trailers down the Indian Nation Turnpike from Claremore to Canton, Texas on a perfect spring day. What a pleasure it was to look in the mirror on every curve and see them all strung out behind me like a string of pearls. It is always prettier when the whole caravan is trailers. We filled a nice little 7-site campground at Canton and had a happy hour under a giant oak tree. The owner couldn't believe the 5 Airstreams ornamenting his campground. In the morning, we split up to go to our various homes.
WBCCI #9632
Old 04-14-2005, 01:27 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Oh, and ...

We had 199 units at the rally.

Strangely, before the rally started and there were just a few Airstreams there preparing, there were two Airstreams that tied up and spent a couple of nights. No one questioned them since it was assumed that they would register at the start of the rally. When the rally started, they were long gone without ever paying for the nights they were there.

Fortunately, the parkers did get their numbers and they will receive bills in the mail for the nights they stayed.

Some folks have a lot of nerve!
WBCCI #9632
Old 04-14-2005, 05:13 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Wink

199 units, now that is amazing ... I think.
Is that a record of some sort for a region rally?
I saw a list of reserved spots at your Reg9 site, and it was far far (about 180) short of 199.
Hope you'll post a list (over there) of the different models and where they came from.And the strength of representation from each unit and each units membership numbers.Is it safe to guess that Oklahoma was well represented?
Also would love to see an age of participants breakdown.

BTW what was disastrous about that one meal?
Could use a report on that small Canton area RV park too.

Glad you all had a good un, and thanks to you for the fine Region website design and work, need more pictures though.

Thanks

Flicka
Old 04-14-2005, 06:56 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitnMiss
199 units, now that is amazing ... I think.
Is that a record of some sort for a region rally?
I saw a list of reserved spots at your Reg9 site, and it was far far (about 180) short of 199.
Hope you'll post a list (over there) of the different models and where they came from.And the strength of representation from each unit and each units membership numbers.Is it safe to guess that Oklahoma was well represented?
Also would love to see an age of participants breakdown.

BTW what was disastrous about that one meal?
Could use a report on that small Canton area RV park too.

Glad you all had a good un, and thanks to you for the fine Region website design and work, need more pictures though.

Thanks

Flicka
Region rallies used to be over 300 units, maybe even 400. We expected more at this rally, but fuel prices apparently bit us.

The "reserved spots" were for one unit for each model year. To get one of those spots, you had to agree to open your unit to the public for 2 hours on Sunday afternoon.

Oklahoma was well represented. The next newsletter should have stats on the most represented units by number and by percentage of membership.

The bad meal was a Mexican dinner with burritos so tough they needed a steak knife to cut and tasteless enchiladas that ran out before all were served. I broke 3 plastic forks trying to eat it. It was pretty bad. The two other dinners were really good.

The neat little RV park is about 6 miles south of Canton on the west side of TX 19. About 7 grass sites, some with sewer, some without. Really nice folks run it and they have 3 pet burros there that just love to be petted. The place is absolutely immaculate. $15 a night. I'll stop there again.

WBCCI #9632