Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-11-2005, 07:02 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1969 18' Caravel
, Iowa
I will be there 6/23 - 7/4. 1969 Caravel in the 'poor folks' section (3 amp).
I think a get-together is a great idea!
WBCCI #4568
MarkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 10:08 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
2005 International...I'm going, are you?

If all goes as currently planned, I will be there with my '78 Minuet 6.0 Metre and Cadillac towcar -- in fact, I should already be in East Saint Louis, IL for the beginning of the Wagon Wheels Caravan. Career obligations got in the way, and my departure has been delayed until either tomorrow or Monday.

My mechanic finally was able to give the Cadillac a clean "bill of health" for the trip so I am hoping that it will make its first extended trip with the Minuet this summer. The temperamental car did, however, manage to short out a brand new Custom Autosound stereo less than ten minutes after it was professionally installed.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:14 AM   #23
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
I see in an article the Blue Beret (June issue) that we are being asked not to leak graywater on the ground at International, due to the risk of contaminating the caverns below. (See page 21, third column.)

Does anyone know if there will be any provision for vintage trailers to dump graywater anywhere nearby, or is this one of those "unfunded mandates" which leaves us to figure out how to exist for a week without showering?

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:07 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

Bob Herman (VAC prez) said in the May VAC newsletter that there will be a sewer access point for the dumping of blue boys in the VAC 3 amp section. The 3 amp section and the 30 amp section are separated by an electrical substation.

Herb
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:41 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Arrow Can't go but courtesy parking available....

If you are coming to Missouri from the West or Northwest, please keep us in mind for an overnight stay. Just 20 minutes north of KC. Not hard to find. 42 acres of country peace and quiet..... unless you consider the nail gun at the son's building site, or the neighbor kid's newest "souped up" truck, or the tree frogs, crickets, and hoot owls.

Just email or pm your plans.

Have fun at Springfield....

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 04:23 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Does anybody KNOW the official dates for the rally? The WBCCI site says both 6/28/05 to 7/4/05 and 6/28/05 to 7/5/05.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:27 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
From what I've seen...there are events planned all day on the 4th so if you want to stay through those, you would most likely stay the night of the 4th & leave on the 5th.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 05:10 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47WeeWind
Edie: Now that Andy is officially licensed, how about field testing a white AIR oval on a blue background for the Forum buttons at International? That LARGE TYPE geezer friendly design would be instantly recognizable at a distance and wouldn't require me to slap on my spectacles to read fine print to learn what the button says.
Well, I usually try to have the button image relate to the rally location or theme. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate needing an easily recognizable button.

Since the theme of this rally is FUN FELLOWSHIP ADVENTURE - THE HEART OF WBCCI, here's the button...
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2005, 05:50 PM   #29
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
The button looks great! I like the artwork.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 05:52 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewkid64
The button looks great! I like the artwork.
BTW - I've emailed the artwork to you, will you please make the buttons for us?
Old 06-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #31
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Sure! How many do you want?
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:06 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie G
Well, I usually try to have the button image relate to the rally location or theme. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate needing an easily recognizable button. Since the theme of this rally is FUN FELLOWSHIP ADVENTURE - THE HEART OF WBCCI, here's the button...
Edie: That's a hearty looking button, with an image large enough that even I can recognize it (and a Forum member) at a distance. Nice job!
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:13 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois

Greetings Edie!

Quote:
Does anybody KNOW the official dates for the rally? The WBCCI site says both 6/28/05 to 7/4/05 and 6/28/05 to 7/5/05.
Based on past International Rallys, July 4th will be filled with planned activities as Shari mentioned in her post; but there will be no official activities for the general membership on July 5th. July 5th is typically the date that the primary membership parking areas must be vacated -- it is not unusual for the electricity and water service to disappear shortly after dawn on July 5th -- I have not parked in the 30-AMP section before so do not know if the disappearing utilities will apply there as well.

Kevin
AIR #827
Old 06-12-2005, 08:38 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Fred - I'm glad you like the button. I will have a bunch of them at the trailer where I'm staying for Forum members to stop by and pick up in case I miss you. I will be at 31082 in the general 30 amp section.

Regarding the dates of the rally, I have to leave the 2nd or 3rd in order to be back at work on the 5th. I just wanted to have the correct dates on the button.

So, are we all getting excited?

Shari - do you have an idea for a happy hour or potluck time and place? Will we have some type of a Forum bulletin board with info and announcements or schedule changes for our members? Where will it be? Parking area or convention center?
Old 06-12-2005, 08:55 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
I have no idea...any suggestions?

Quote:
Shari - do you have an idea for a happy hour or potluck time and place? Will we have some type of a Forum bulletin board with info and announcements or schedule changes for our members? Where will it be? Parking area or convention center?
It looks like most of the folks listed are going to be in the VAC area...I have never been to an International before - what do you suggest? Schedule-wise is a particular night better (freed-up) than another? I know there is a VAC Happy Hour every night...but I don't know what the evenings (dinner hour and beyond) have in store...can someone who's been before give any insight? Kevin, Edie, Herb, etc.

I'd be happy to host 'whatever' at Maxwell, 1824...the DenCO Unit will have a bulletin board (whereever these things go)...or I can leave a message at my trailer. Or I'll have my laptop and can post it here...

I vote for a true 'potluck' whatever shows up is what we get ~ or BYOM (Bring Your Own Meat) and a sidedish/dessert to share ~ I have a RoadTrip Grill which is pretty big...the only conflict I will have is our Unit potluck night...but I'm not sure of the day of it either...I will know before the Opening Day though ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 09:12 PM   #36
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
The unit bulletin boards will be at the arena, but I think that having the bulletin board in the parking area may be better because the arena is so far away. Some people may never even leave the parking area and go to the arena. I would borrow our unit's bulletin board and bring it, but it is out of reach at this time. Of course, we could just tape messages to Maxell's windows...

Just my experience...there are LOTS of happy hours every night. So anything planned will conflict with something. You just need to pick a night and go for it (of course as long as it doesn't interfere with your unit's potluck). I would plan the event early in the rally in case people want to get together a second time.

A potluck sounds fun but takes a lot more preparation than a happy hour. Tables for putting the buffet on can be hard to bring. I won't be cooking since I am staying with a friend, but I am an expert at picking up some really yummy food:

Evening entertainment usually starts at 7:00 or 7:30 I think. And you must be present to win if your name is called for a door prize. I understand that the drive from the parking area to the arena is pretty significant, so a potluck probably needs to be over by 6:00.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:42 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois

Greetings Shari and Edie!

I agree the idea of either a potluck or happy hours sounds great! As a member of both VAC and Free Wheelers, I can attest to the fact that there is little hope avoiding conflicts with other happy hours/potlucks as many of the Intra-Clubs have daily happy hours (typically 4:00 p.m.) -- I know that both the VAC and Free Wheelers have daily happy hours at the usual 4:00 p.m. time if this year follows the usual pattern.

In the case of a potluck, in the heat and humidity that are likely to be present, it may be difficult to find a shaded area for the event. There is a WBCCI tent at the main parking site that can be reserved for Unit or Intra-Club activities -- I don't know whether it would be available for this purpose. I know that the humidity here in the Mid-Mississippi River Valley (about 225 miles East of Springfield) has been terrible for the past two weeks -- yesterday, at 5:00 p.m., we had 85 degrees with 83% relative humidity.

I am in the count-down phase -- will be leaving to joing the Wagon Wheels Caravan (already in-progress) first thing Tuesday morning!

Looking forward to the gathering in Springfield!

Kevin
AIR #827
Old 06-13-2005, 05:06 AM   #38
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
I wonder if it would be better to find a local restaurant where we could meet? (Read air conditioning) A number of places in Lansing had coupons in the rally guide.

With the expected heat and humidity, I may not attend many happy hours. I'm not sure how happy I'll be after melting.

For those who may be attending their first WBCCI rally in Springfield, let me give a hint on happy hours. You will be welcomed with open arms, plan to bring a chair, a drink, and a snack to share. The snack can be as easy as a can of nuts or as elaborate as you like. If your drink is alcoholic, please be discreet. Pour your beer into a cup or use a koozie, etc.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:45 AM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois

Greetings Edie!

The idea of meeting at a restaurant sounds good to me -- there have always been a tremendous number of interesting places to eat near the International Rally site. My favorite Springfield area eatery would make for a fun location (Lambert's Cafe ), but it wouldn't be the most conducive to visiting as it is generally a very jubilant environment (similar in some ways to a Cracker Barrel's noise level) with the "ever-present-danger" of being beaned by a flying home-made yeast roll.

I am preparing to be near melt-down most evenings as humidity is the name of the game in this region on a daily basis at this time of year. We were near melt-down during most, if not all, of the International Rally in Dayton (1999), and it is one of the reasons that I didn't waste any time signing up for the 30-AMP section.

Kevin
AIR #827
Old 06-13-2005, 10:45 AM   #40
Rivet Master

If a restaurant gathering seems desirable, let me know an approximate party size and I could make some suggestions.

Mark