View Poll Results: Are you attending the rally and are you interested in a "Forum Members" happy hour?
I would like to meet & greet other forum members at a Happy Hour. 13 68.42%
Happy hour does not interest me. 0 0%
I want to but cannot make it. 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2004, 12:42 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
i departed Saturday morning and i stopped at the dump station and yes there was a fellow there dumping and he offered me the use of his hose. i didn't see any thing wrong with his hose but i declined and used mine. when you pull the plug best have a good hose you know isn't going to split or burst. after a few days there is a bunch of junk coming out and you don't want to get washed down in the process. the clean out is yesterdays grey water, if you don't have that you still have a hose that is going to make a stinky mess in the storage compartment. it was a rally full of things to do and lots of folks to socialize with. enjoyed it . thanks go to Edie& Brett.

2004 classic 28 WB , Pro Pride P-3 hitch
centramatics wheel ballancers 300-556
wb13798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 05:36 PM   #58
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Re: Great stuff!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubyacht
Do Airstream junkies ever just show up without their rigs?
Niki
Yes. Sneakinup showed up sans Airstream, and I don't remember seeing Captain Airstream's rig, either.
Terry

Old 02-23-2004, 05:42 PM   #59
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally posted by wb13798
i departed Saturday morning and i stopped at the dump station and yes there was a fellow there dumping and he offered me the use of his hose. i didn't see any thing wrong with his hose but i declined and used mine. when you pull the plug best have a good hose you know isn't going to split or burst. after a few days there is a bunch of junk coming out and you don't want to get washed down in the process. the clean out is yesterdays grey water, if you don't have that you still have a hose that is going to make a stinky mess in the storage compartment. it was a rally full of things to do and lots of folks to socialize with. enjoyed it . thanks go to Edie& Brett.
Al, the attendant used his hose to dump my black tank. It had a small hole about midway along the hose, and I had a little fountain of liquid poo squirting in the air about 6 inches high. Sure glad I wasn't standing on top of it...
Glad to see you made it home okay.
Terry
Old 02-23-2004, 05:43 PM   #60
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Capt. Airstream was parked off in the E section outside the fence. They were here from Canada and I remember them talking, at some point, about the drive down with the trailer.

I am so glad that I have more faces to go with names. It was a fun rally and I look forward to meeting more of you in our travels this summer.

We will be attending the Region 3 Rally as well as the International in Lansing.

I may need a week to recover form Lansing if it is anything like this rally was. I would attempt to cross the rally grounds and it would take over an hour. I kept bumping into people I knew form other WBCCI functions, or making new Friends, (thanks for lending us the table Hurst) It was a great rally other than I forgot the sunscreen. Oops
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 02:55 PM   #61
3 Rivet Member

We just got back from our trip to Florida and would like to say that we enjoyed the Florida State rally. It was our first!
I was glad to see Brett accept so many awards on behalf of the Florida Springs Unit.
Wayne & Helen
Old 09-02-2004, 05:40 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member

vancouver , Washington
Red face Finally getting around to reading older reports

I understand from a recent article in our WBCCI unit newsletter by one of our 36+ year members that after the “Gopher Hole” ( a personal, covered and DECORATED hole behind the airstream) era a period where the “Texas Bucket” was used for grey or wash only water disposal. As Edie noted in post #31, the couple of holes in the bottom of the bucket prevented it from ever filling up, MAGIC!!.

Allison Duramax 4X4
Hensley Arrow hitch
Kodiak / Actibrake Disc Brakes
Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller
Doran Pressure Pro
WBCCI #2984 Air # 4173
aluminauts is offline   Reply With Quote