View Poll Results: Are you attending the rally and are you interested in a "Forum Members" happy hour?
I would like to meet & greet other forum members at a Happy Hour. 13 68.42%
Happy hour does not interest me. 0 0%
I want to but cannot make it. 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2004, 06:56 AM   #43
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Lonely and envious

Man, you sure can tell that there are a lot of Forum Members at the FLA Rally. It is quiet in here and has been for a couple of days.

I sure wish I was at the FLA Rally, I am getting reports back from friends and they are having a BLAST!

Sigh.......................................

Old 02-22-2004, 02:18 PM   #44
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Yet another photo...

Another photo from the rally:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture 020.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	4907  

Old 02-22-2004, 03:42 PM   #45
1 Rivet Member

Well we are back from the rally and had a ball. It was our first and we wil go again. already making plans to go to the Georgia State Rally next month. Met a lot of new people and made some new friends. Looking forward to next year

David Morgan
wbcci # 3451
Old 02-22-2004, 05:20 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Hi all,
We are also back from the rally in sarasota where we became official members of the WBCCI, the Florida springs chapter . We had a ball and met many, many wonderful people. We were accepted, greeted and treated like members of the "family".
Our WBCCI # is 1801. .
Marie
Old 02-22-2004, 05:28 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
We had an awesome time! The forums happy hour was great, but not long enough. We met so many great people, and are looking forward to seeing y’all down the road.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	forums group lr.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	4908  
Old 02-22-2004, 08:45 PM   #48
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Seriously GOOD time at the Florida State Rally!

GOOD STUFF:
-- making friends with Edie & Brett G, Argosy20, SD90Mac, Grogan, and others from the Forum...
-- dinner out with Sneakinup and his sidekick
-- being part of the Vintage Open House
-- won a door prize (cappucino)
-- nice weather
-- Flea Market
-- South Lido Beach today (80+ degrees and unlimited sunshine)
-- meeting a pair of 91-year-old Charter Members
-- meeting a pair of 3-year-old new members

NOT-SO-GOOD STUFF:
-- noisy location for vintage trailers by the highway
-- couldn't afford a new Bambi CCD
-- had a nasty dump station accident (oh, don't ask ...)
-- wish there were more families!

See ya next year for sure!

-- RL

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:07 PM   #49
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
We had a WICKED good time!

Now Rich, ya know when you say you had a bad dump station experience I have to ask We want the details! I think there is even a thread dedicated to the whoops that we all do from time to time

You left out the thing that we all needed more of, SLEEP! I was wishing that the days were longer so we could have more time together. There is always next year, right?
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:30 PM   #50
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Right, I forgot the sleep aspect -- probably because I'm still SO tired! Don't let anyone tell you WBCCI rallies are boring, at least not when Edie & Brett are around. We were up to midnight every night, laughing and talking in their very comfortable Argosy 28.

Now, as to the dump station incident. I'll spill the details, but you have to promise not to tell a soul...

Somebody left a slinky attached to the dump station I was using, and there was no water hose, so I elected to use the slinky instead of my Sewer Solution. It didn't fit very well for some reason ...

Just then a friendly fellow flagged me down as I was crouched on my knees studying the problem. "Are you the fellow who is doing Airstream Life?" he asked. He was Canadian and was wondering what the subscription rate would be in Canada. I asked him to fill out the subscription card and promised to call him with the correct rate. He agreed and went back to his trailer to get a pen.

Then I pulled the black tank dump valve ....

[Incredibly disgusting incident description deleted in the interest of good taste and decency.]

... and then the fellow came back with the subscription card all filled out. I think he smelled me before he actually saw me.

"Uh, I'll just drop this off with your wife, OK?" he said, before rapidly retreating.

As I was changing clothes and washing up in the trailer, I made a note: don't EVER use anyone else's slinky again!

Are you sorry you asked (or are you laughing)?

-- RL

Old 02-22-2004, 09:33 PM   #51
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Laughing almost as hard as I was last night at midnight with your seasick whale watching story!

Old 02-23-2004, 09:08 AM   #52
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Ugh!!! that tank incident is what I fear the most about rv-ing.

Well...that's learn ya to pay attention! LOL! reminds me of what flight instructor are known for...except they do it on purpose.

flight instructor: "hey..what's that over there" (points out the window, behind the wing, so you have to turn WAY over your shoulder to see....)

Me: "huh?? (craning neck, looking out window)

....meanwhile, mean instructor is yanking out half the fuses in the panel, while your eyes are somewhere else...then waits innocently to see just how long it takes you to notice half your guages aren't working any more...

ANYway...I came perilously close to doing the same thing at a rally last year...but I only had a little leakage. nothing drastic. And that was bad enough!!

Sounds like everyone had a great time, though. wish I could have been there. and to think, I was actually toying with the idea of trailering down to FL next month. Instead, we'll be flying. But maybe next year...

hey, someone post a caption for that pic; I only recognize 2 faces. Who are all the others??
Old 02-23-2004, 09:14 AM   #53
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Faces

I recognize four other faces, of course I recognize a total of six including Brett and Edie but the folks to the right, the good looking lady with the great hairdo is Mrs, Carolyn White and her husband, David, Forum name, White1949, the big guy in the back on the left side and the blond lady on the left is Mr Mark and Mrs Amy Grogan, Forum name , "Grogan".

They are members of the SCCU.

They are down in Port of Call today looking at some deals on Airstreams.

Smily
Old 02-23-2004, 09:38 AM   #54
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Cool Forums members at Florida State Rally

OK, here's my picture from the Forum happy hour with the captions of people. I'm only listing screen names.

From left to right:

Captain Airstream, EdieG, Grogan's spouse, Capt Airstream's spouse, Grogan, Sneakinup and his lady friend, rluhr, Argosy20, sd90mac, thenewkid64, and (I think) White1949 and his wife.

If you look closely you can see Brett's sunburn.

-- RL
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fsr forums members 02-20-04.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	4916  

Old 02-23-2004, 09:43 AM   #55
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Rich almost got it right. I think the two on the farthest right are White1949 and her husband.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:43 AM   #56
2 Rivet Member

Great stuff!!

Thank you guys for posting pictures, stories and details. I would love to attend a rally and you brought it all to life. Do Airstream junkies ever just show up without their rigs? Georgia's on my mind. If there are any rallies planned for Washington State I'd love to know. I guess if I were to join I'd hear all about it. Good job...thanks.

Niki