Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Should we have an open show to the public?
Yes, this would be fun 2 100.00%
No, let's keep this first time private 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2007, 08:37 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Looks like an interesting and unique rally. Does anyone know whether there will be any Stanley Steamer cars on display?

I'm a steam nut from way back in high school when I designed several steam engines that I hoped to build someday for my very own steam car. It was pretty hot!! A 2-seater sportscar with a birdcage frame. Very light, very fast, and extremely quiet with my snazzy steam engine under the hood. Only about 10 or 12 moving parts including all 4 wheels!!

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:46 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
I'm not sure if there will be any steam cars. I'll ask them who is presently signed up. Steam vehicles are vary cool, or hot. We were just at the Sacramento State Railroad Museum in Sacramento. Tank about steam
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung
Looks like an interesting and unique rally. Does anyone know whether there will be any Stanley Steamer cars on display?

I'm a steam nut from way back in high school when I designed several steam engines that I hoped to build someday for my very own steam car. It was pretty hot!! A 2-seater sportscar with a birdcage frame. Very light, very fast, and extremely quiet with my snazzy steam engine under the hood. Only about 10 or 12 moving parts including all 4 wheels!!
NorCal Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
Update: We may have a wedding to attend in Seattle on the weekend of the 8th, and I'm not sure about our route- but it may still work to hit this rally on our trip home..? Must check on the work schedule to see how many vacation days can be had!

"If you want something done right, do it yourself!"
sequoiacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:03 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Colfax , California
Looks good, Don. I need to get Kathy out of Dodge at the beginning of the school year and would be good to see you again.
Clint
clintn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
I'll work at keeping everyone posted. It the numbers are small we will meet in a different spot, and try to keep the price down.
Don
Old 05-02-2007, 04:09 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Yreka Fall Gatheing

Don: I'm kicking around the idea of leaving the Burning Man Sept 2, 2007 (solo) heading to an airport to pick up my wife. We would then do some touring in N. Calif. on the way to your rally. From there to the National Antelope Rally at Medicine Bow, WY.

Question; What airport should I look at for her to fly into between Gerlach, NV and Yreka, CA. When I leave Gerlach the direction is north, away from Reno, NV.

I love the old cars and the fair grounds look pretty neat as far as fair grounds go.

Charlie M.
Charlie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Charlie, If she is flying commercial the nearest airports are Medford, Or. and Redding, Ca. Medford is about an hour north of Yreka. Redding is two hours South of Yreka. If she is flying private there is a nice airport in Montague, Ca. about 20 minutes from Yreka. If we don't get 30 signups for the rally we will be in a different location. I'll keep you posted on the events as they unfold.
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie M
Don: I'm kicking around the idea of leaving the Burning Man Sept 2, 2007 (solo) heading to an airport to pick up my wife. We would then do some touring in N. Calif. on the way to your rally. From there to the National Antelope Rally at Medicine Bow, WY.

Question; What airport should I look at for her to fly into between Gerlach, NV and Yreka, CA. When I leave Gerlach the direction is north, away from Reno, NV.

I love the old cars and the fair grounds look pretty neat as far as fair grounds go.

Charlie M.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:29 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via AIM to kitchenclose
Hi Don,
We won't be able to make it cuz the kids will be attending a new school and to take a few days off after school starts wouldn't look good.

But we'll see you at the Beverly Beach Rally. OKAY!?

Take Care
Karen

Ask Claudia to bring her dutch ovens. I'm baking a cobbler for the event. I need some tips from her.
WBCCI #11508
Seattle, WA
kitchenclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
I just thought I should let you guys know, we won't be able to attend due to a possible journey to Jackson, WY durring this gathering. But we'll see you a BBeach!!

"If you want something done right, do it yourself!"
sequoiacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:23 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Canceled
Don
Old 06-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Sorry to hear..

Thank for letting us know Don...

I was about to be conflicted that week, and now I feel better, though I hope you still have a great car show...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote