Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #101
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Yea, I can bring it, How does friday night, south of the border night sound? Everyone bring what they want on the quadillias, or if everyone brought one thing, we could all share, and I could cook it, also, what about some dips, I know some I could make as well. Yes steph, there is a campground, but I would wait to make reservations because they charge 8 dollars to make it, and we may not need to because they said its not really busy that time of year, Thursday would be great, what time do u want to leave? Rhonda, what time can I pick you up?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #102
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hey Laura, south of the border night sounds fun. With 2 quesadilla machines we could be in biz!!

Thursday, hmm anytime that works for you all and avoids the Ann Arbor work rush, lunch rush, home rush mess you know what I'm talking about Laura I'm flexible, Sharon, Carol others??? I like being the caboose so you all let me know what works for you and I'll watch yer back!!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #103
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
YUM!!! I have a dip recipe for chips and will bring fixings.

I can travel Thursday.

What's our count up to?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #104
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
OK, well each of us can bring something for the quesadillas, Ill bring the Green Pepper and the machine.

I dont know where the count it, but ill try to start a sign in

Old 03-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #105
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Taco/Quesadilla Bar
onions
tomatoes
cilantro
salsa hot and mild
taco meat ground beef
hard shells tortillas chips
chicken strips
sour cream
lettuce
glacomole
cheeses
flavored rice
refried beans

Not that we need all of these, but am I on the right track here? The dip I make is served at room temperature, a layered deal with cream cheese on the bottom salsa and cheese, etc. Sorry gals I am no gourmet cook.

Anybody have a recipe for pico de gallo? I love it and Michelle had made some glacamole to die for, another thing I don't know how to make.

Does everyone like magaritas?

photography
Old 03-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #106
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh Yummy I like the fixins - but what are Quasadillas??? I only know tacos...but love all the mexican stuff.... I'll bring whatever anyone does not want to bring

Steph I am having a real brain fart - what stuff??? do you have??? Have I actually ordered something and completely forgot - oh please tell me I am dying of suspense....

March was to pick up the shower - but still no word from Airstream inc if we can have one out of stolk or if we have to order - if ordered it is going to be 3-6 weeks....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #107
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
MUSHROOMS, We cant forget mushrooms!!! I put Onions, Mushrooms, Green pepper, baked chicken, and Cheese. But all that other stuff sounds good, whatever you gals want to bring, we can start a list!

Old 03-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #108
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Oh mushrooms, great and left overs can make salad bar another afternoon, you think, Steph said bread maybe throw some stuff on a grill???

Anyone have a large coffee maker? Sharon is tea drinker.

Quesadillas are flour tortillas stuffed and warmed.
Attached Images

photography
Old 03-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #109
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Piniatas 
Name:   SB10063384F-001.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  6.9 KB
I can bring some - who has the baseball bat....

Name:   PCL12648.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  5.4 KB

No party without the servasa...

Name:   IS498-055.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  6.1 KB

And Party essentials... Hat and sunglasses...

Could be a theme for the weekend...

And Look Petunia has his/her outfit all set...

Name:   AAC3645.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  4.7 KB
Old 03-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #110
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
....Anyone have a large coffee maker? Sharon is tea drinker.

Quesadillas are flour tortillas stuffed and warmed.
travel nowhere without me POT

So do burritos count too - Peter makes them they are nice - Love the beef strips too...
Old 03-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #111
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Oh, I have a ton of stuff, my whole camper is going for a western theme, but maybe we should all dress up for it, Cinco de mayo is only a week from then??

Old 03-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #112
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
IM not sure how I feel about Beef right now!! There is a large re-call

Old 03-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #113
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Celebrate with our neighbors

Thought this would be of interest if we go with the theme, might as well see what we are celebrating.

Cinco de Mayo
The 5th of May is not Mexican Independence Day, but it should be! And Cinco de Mayo is not an American holiday, but it should be. Mexico declared its independence from mother Spain on midnight, the 15th of September, 1810. And it took 11 years before the first Spanish soldiers were told and forced to leave Mexico.
So, why Cinco de Mayo? And why should Americans savor this day as well? Because 4,000 Mexican soldiers smashed the French and traitor Mexican army of 8,000 at Puebla, Mexico, 100 miles east of Mexico City on the morning of May 5, 1862.
The French had landed in Mexico (along with Spanish and English troops) five months earlier on the pretext of collecting Mexican debts from the newly elected government of democratic President (and Indian) Benito Juarez. The English and Spanish quickly made deals and left. The French, however, had different ideas.
Under Emperor Napoleon III, who detested the United States, the French came to stay. They brought a Hapsburg prince with them to rule the new Mexican empire. His name was Maximilian; his wife, Carolota. Napoleon's French Army had not been defeated in 50 years, and it invaded Mexico with the finest modern equipment and with a newly reconstituted Foreign Legion. The French were not afraid of anyone, especially since the United States was embroiled in its own Civil War.
The French Army left the port of Vera Cruz to attack Mexico City to the west, as the French assumed that the Mexicans would give up should their capital fall to the enemy -- as European countries traditionally did.
Under the command of Texas-born General Zaragosa, (and the cavalry under the command of Colonel Porfirio Diaz, later to be Mexico's president and dictator), the Mexicans awaited. Brightly dressed French Dragoons led the enemy columns. The Mexican Army was less stylish.
General Zaragosa ordered Colonel Diaz to take his cavalry, the best in the world, out to the French flanks. In response, the French did a most stupid thing; they sent their cavalry off to chase Diaz and his men, who proceeded to butcher them. The remaining French infantrymen charged the Mexican defenders through sloppy mud from a thunderstorm and through hundreds of head of stampeding cattle stirred up by Indians armed only with machetes.
When the battle was over, many French were killed or wounded and their cavalry was being chased by Diaz' superb horsemen miles away. The Mexicans had won a great victory that kept Napoleon III from supplying the confederate rebels for another year, allowing the United States to build the greatest army the world had ever seen. This grand army smashed the Confederates at Gettysburg just 14 months after the battle of Puebla, essentially ending the Civil War.
Union forces were then rushed to the Texas/Mexican border under General Phil Sheridan, who made sure that the Mexicans got all the weapons and ammunition they needed to expel the French. American soldiers were discharged with their uniforms and rifles if they promised to join the Mexican Army to fight the French. The American Legion of Honor marched in the Victory Parade in Mexico, City.
It might be a historical stretch to credit the survival of the United States to those brave 4,000 Mexicans who faced an army twice as large in 1862. But who knows?

photography
Old 03-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #114
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Cinco De Mayo is my dads birthday, its a good day for drinking!

Old 03-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #115
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
It is! Wow Hey everyday is someones birthday sooooo they all are good for drinking.

photography
Old 03-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #116
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
SWEET, lets party!!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #117
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Good Morning Ladies.. (and possible gents)

Do you think we will get lots of men folk if we celebrate our first campfire in this fashion
Click image for larger version

Name:	cgon16l copy.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	55517

Laura and Brock are setting up tours to the technical side of camping don't miss your chance at picking up your e-mail and checking out the forums

Name:	hsc4220l.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	55519

Oh yes I also heard that once we get our parking down pat - we can request slight adjustments to keep the boys happy....I hear they are bringing their toys with them....be sure to book your adjustment...if not quite level - we don't want to have to waste visiting time adjusting now do we

Name:	rhan200l.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	55518
Old 03-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #118
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
pico de gallo, etc.

Hey Carol,
I use cilantro, onion, tomato, tomatillos and that's it--my cousin's wife is from Mexico she taught me her way, I'm sure there's many varities. Its not the same as salsa so its more the flavor of the cilantro/tomato/etc. I can make some if you'd like. Cinco de mayo is a great theme, anyone have one of those cool margarita machines?? I can just bring my friend Jose Cuervo...

Sharon, too funny about the men. Are they optional or mandatory for the rally? Tee hee just kidding Dave and Sam...
Old 03-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #119
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
You made me think jalapenos might be added to our list!

I never saw a tomatillo Steph. I just looked them up. Your recipe sounds great. I don't think one could improve upon real authenticity.

Lime salt and Jose, yum.

photography
Old 03-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #120
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
omg, i really cant wait now!!!!!