Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #581
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
factory tour

You get to see the current models that are being built. Whatever is on the line at the time. If you go during the week you will be able to watch them building. If you go on a Fri. the tour goes and the workers are not there, but it is nice and quiet and you see lots more. There is a nice store there. Go early enough to shop. It is not exactly like a showroom, but still fun to see all of the options.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:53 AM   #582
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Thank you for the info. I think we will stop at a dealer along the way. Our more local AS dealer has two on the lot....kind of worries me but he is only an hour away. We need to stretch out and see which model we fit in
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #583
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sharon, great music I'm so impressed that you don't just talk about music, girl. You MAKE it; you PLAY it; you SING it! Thanks for sending it out to us. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #584
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia View Post
Sharon, great music I'm so impressed that you don't just talk about music, girl. You MAKE it; you PLAY it; you SING it! Thanks for sending it out to us. ~G

Your most welcome ~G - and Thanks - Glad you enjoyed it...

Now I sing the song a couple of times a day just for breathing practice. And cannot seem to get the tune out of my head It is fun to make up other lyrics but I can never remember them by the time I get to a pen and paper
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #585
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile How can one woman be so talented??

Good for you Sharon!!! Keep those tunes coming and get well soon!!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:30 AM   #586
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well - is anyone out there????

I have a Rally Question for the Fall Rally that was mentioned earlier??

I can only find one post that mentioned tentative Sept 12-14 as a possible date.

But would like to try and find out if we could maybe start a new thread where we can hash that Rally out a bit more..

Reason:

I was hoping to set up my own little holiday away - since I highly doubt under the circumstances that my 25th Anniversary will be met with a fabulous sweep me off my feet excusion - since we just dropped $20K on this darn OMB mess and still have to do yet another round before the winter falls - so the big trip will be postponed.

I have only ever traveled Northern (well slightly northern) Ontario and am thinking of taking a trip up with Kayak and Camera in hand for some spectacular scenery.

Two thoughts - Late August and then to the Rally - but that will be out if 12-14 as my Dad has a chance to go to Carnegie Hall for a live concert with his Nephew's Welsh Male Choir. It would be a once in a life time thing for him and he has been invited to sing with the choir which he is absolutely ecstatic over.

However, Mom will need me as her caregiver - as she cannot be unattended because of the night dialysis machine. And she needs help with many things. I don't mind at all and would just work around this week.

If I could fit the Rally in either before or after then that would be great and I would do the ON/MI loop as my "Unleashed and Lov'in" it holiday

My first thoughts were to pick up our new Rivette Barbara who stays up at Hope Bay until October. And maybe if anyone is interested in a little Caravan around North/Western Ontario and back in to MI at Ste Sault Marie - I would more than be please to work on some arrangements. I have never been on a Caravan before thought and it might be kind of neat - in the off season and not on such big Roads either.

If we pushed the date back a bit - we could get into some spectacular fall colours on that route too.

So just some thoughts that I am tossing around - as I have nothing else I can do right now.... although the compounder has my name on it and it is calling me to finish off the LadyBug....but there are so many other things now that I am feeling better that I can start working on - Curtains, Cushions, New Foam and upholstery of the couch etc.....

Oh PS - for my new "Fan Club"

Here is sort of a sequel to Never Be Afriad.....and to all those women who just need to get away sometimes and hit the road, for travel and adventure and to feel alive beyond our daily lives - hmm like me and the "unleashed and love'n it" ideal.....but not for ever - just enough to wet the appetite but Home is where I hang my Hat Gals...(What is that saying can't live with'em but ya can't live without'em either)

Click link to Download Music File

Running The Line ©2008

Running The Line

Running down, down the Road
You're now on your own.

The wind is blowing, blowing, in your hair
You see things all clear and now they're fair
Taking everything that you need just to live
There is a world ahead, no chance to relive

You will be running
running, running the line
Now you're on your own
you'll be running the line.

Leaving the life, you once knew, well behind you
So many things, you will, see them through
Now you have, not a care in the world, now you're on your own
Don't you, look back and steer clear of the danger zone

You will be running
running, running the line.
Now you're on your own
you'll be running the line.

Just around the corner is your whole life for you
It is out there so go make your debut
With all you are and you have been
You need to get away, get away from him.

Don't you think now just breath
Follow the overpass and you will be free
Let the miles take your thoughts far away
Up to the night sky, for a milky way.

You Are Free

Just around the corner
Taking everything that you need
There is a world ahead
Leaving your life

Running down the Road
You're on your own
You will be running

Now down the road you never quit
You're on your own, you've nothing to admit
Go, enjoy, be free, take charge
Life is big but never too large

Just around the corner
Taking everything that you need
There is a world ahead
Leaving your life

Leaving the life, you once knew, well behind you
So many things, you will, see them through
Now you have, not a care in the world, now you're on your own
Don't you, look back and steer clear of the danger zone

Running down the Road
You're on your own
You will be running

You will be running

You will be running

Running down the Road
You're on your own
You will be running

Running, Running, Running the line.
Running, Running, Running the line.

Written and Performed by Sharon Kallaste ©2008
Old 06-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #587
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
The reason I selected that date is because the weekend before I believe is the TCT rally in Milford, MI. And we are trying to keep it in Sept due to the ferries.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:39 PM   #588
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I was just looking into the ferries today on the ontario side from Tobermory to Manitoulin Island and they run to mid October.

What about that Mac they should be basically the same no?

Is the date in stone? What off September 25-27 (is there anything going on then?) or first week of October - gosh cannot be any colder than it was in Ohio with that wind

I don't want to jump in either Laura so just asking questions - cause I had not seen anything firmed up or any sign ups yet???

I would really love to make that Rally - SOLO this time!!
Old 06-15-2008, 09:45 PM   #589
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Well, I will have to do some more research on the ferries. I have been so busy working and getting ready to leave in a week for Bozeman. Im going to try and get something going, I guess we can start a thread if we have a name for the rally? I have already taken off thoes dates with me work, but if I have to I might be able to change them, for some reason we selected thoes dates for some reason or another. I dont mind planning the rally but if someone eles wants to, I wont stop them. If you thought the wind was bad in Ohio, wait until you get next to the lakes in October, trust me, it gets cold!

Old 06-15-2008, 10:01 PM   #590
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Huddling is a good past time NO problem you and I can just park behind the longest trailer there and we would be wind blocked

Hey if I can look up info I will do to help - you are busy with the big trip to B-Man Cool hope you have a super great time!!! Wish I was going - but not this year. Really considering it for next year though - as I know the Ladybug will be finished by then.

I think I would have to have a nap right now just even trying to hook up my trailer!!! Wind has really been knocked out of my sails. Even just singing a bit just about puts me under the table but has been great therapy.

Since I am not doing much I will help again with name and logo but lets keep it as you wanted it eh? "We can Tow It" Concept...

You go and enjoy your B-Man I will do some behind the scene research and if anything comes up I will just pop on start a new thread when I have some time this week. That way all the info and brain storm can be in the one thread.....
Old 06-15-2008, 10:10 PM   #591
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Okay, well keep looking at my Blog, I will have updates of our 3 week trip out west.

I was also thinking, maybe we should just have this as a Airforums rally? Does anyone eles agree? I had a ton of people say they wanted to go to the We Can Tow It Rally, but didnt want to because they were umm..........Rivette Shavers! I could careless either way.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:10 PM   #592
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
All Ferries run April 25 - October 26

So that might give some breathing room

However The Ontario Ferry for me to take the short cut runs to Mid October - Running up through the Bruce Peninsula to Manitoulin then across on 6 to Ste. Sault Marie.

By road would send my all the way around Georgian Bay long trip.....

Hoping to invade our new Rivette Barbara from the last Rally An she might piggy back with me - not with her trailer though this time.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:23 AM   #593
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Wow Sharon, who knew you could sing too! You sound terrific. I love the music, singing and lyrics. Travel songs are a favorite of mine and your we can tow it tribute is awesome too. Glad you are finally feeling good like yourself again after having been so ill. Sturdy stock girl, was only a matter of time and you certainly have been creative and thoughtful towards us all. Thanks for writing new music for us. I'll be watching your trip planning and rooting for a great get away for you.

Laura will be watching for your forums rally too this fall. I am sure it will be a big hit. Be safe and have fun in Bozeman!!!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #594
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Hey Carol, be sure to stop at international!! I would love to see ya!

Old 06-17-2008, 06:42 PM   #595
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
MY MY our roving reporter checks in from WA. My Carol U do get around.Hope U are at home for August.
Sharon
If ya think ya might not make the August Rally let me know. I have a little something I can need to ship ya. Hope U are feelin much better.
Laura
U be careful. We hope ya have a great time in Boseman.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #596
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
Sharon
If ya think ya might not make the August Rally let me know. I have a little something I can need to ship ya. Hope U are feelin much better.........
Roger

Hi Roger;

I am feeling 1000% better now - and adding percents every day Thanks for asking.

I think if we are heading to a Rally it will be the Eastern Region 1 in August...Peter has only a short vacation so it is his choice this time. He loves PEI and wants to go back there.

But he has a mission in that he will have to get the LB ready in about 6 weeks so not sure if that is doable for him or not??? I am not holding out for a yes on that one...
Old 06-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #597
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Wow Sharon, who knew you could sing too! You sound terrific. I love the music, singing and lyrics. Travel songs are a favorite of mine and your we can tow it tribute is awesome too. Glad you are finally feeling good like yourself again after having been so ill. Sturdy stock girl, was only a matter of time and you certainly have been creative and thoughtful towards us all. Thanks for writing new music for us. I'll be watching your trip planning and rooting for a great get away for you.

Laura will be watching for your forums rally too this fall. I am sure it will be a big hit. Be safe and have fun in Bozeman!!!
Ohh double wow back You are too kind - shucks.... It was a lot of fun writing and singing for a bit. What a better motivation factor than all you women/Rivettes out there - traveling and doing what you "want to".

I am not sure what will come next but when the creative juices flow they flow and not much I can do but to run with it when I can. Whether I make the dogs howl or not

I'd have to question that sturdy stock though - if I was I doubt that I would have been hit so hard with a terrible bacteria...but all glad that it is over now and well on my way to starting the summer over again With working on the LB and Gardening - have lots to catch up - so little bits at a time......
Old 06-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #598
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
We are on our way! We drove 850 miles today and are getting ready to stop just shy of the MN SD border. 16 hours of driving but we cut out one whole day by driving longer today. We will be getting to Mt Rushmore later in the afternoon tommarrow. Hope everyone is good be sure to check my blog for updates and pictures on the adventure!

Old 07-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #599
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Laura I just love your blog it is so cool!! I hope you got the hat, it was mahvelous dahling you must wear it to the next rally!! Super nice photos hope you are having the best vacation ever!! Regards to airboss!!