Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2008, 08:52 PM   #61
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Paula, are you planning on attending again this year?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
I think Husbands, boyfriends, etc are fine as long as they come with Larita's attitude and helpfulness. It was great fun last year and I'm all for it. It is a woman's rally, but that doesn't mean we should exclude males... it just means that they will be outclassed and out-manned!

Paula

Right then I will start making Peters ooops (Petunias) list.....

...go shopping for any and all last minute things we need (no Peter no just me all of the ladies needs)

...politetly knock on all trailers to ask if you can put their coffee on for them
(in my case be sure to have my tea made before you make your rounds) and if there is anything they need to be carried to the common area..

...Check with Jamie for extra fiber cloths and be sure you finish walbernizing all the newer trailers in attendance before the end of the day.

...for those older trailers in need of a polish be sure to leave yourself enough time to get them done before the end of the weekend.

...if it rains we will require an umbrella to protect us as we wonder aimlessly from trailer to trailer...

...for those of us just too busy and tired of getting our own housework done - the last thing we want to do is our trailers - so be sure to bring your Maid trolley with all the materials you need to provide a full service trailer interior clean sweep...

...no you don't have to serve our drinks - we can manage that quite fine....no you don't even have to cook as we do that quite fine too....

Be sure to get your own shopping done before you arrive - we are all dying to see what outfit you will pick - and I am sure there are some that can lend you a helping hand with your hair and makeup

Look out Laritta, Petunia will most certainly be asking you to hang out in the shower for a spell...so bring your tools...

And for the late arrivals like after dark - okay way into dark - bring extra flashlights cause the fellers make extra special runway lighting.....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #63
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
poor guy, im feeling for him now!

Old 03-02-2008, 11:22 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Well if we were going to ketch some menfolk, we just missed Sadie Hawkins Day, darn!

I have stayed at the KOA and we have driven over to the lake to check out the campgrounds. The lake is really big, one of the largest manmade lakes with several beaches and one for campers and a large campground. The KOA is close off 75 at a well developed intersection so easy access to gas stations, restaurants, etc. and a smaller mom and pop type across from a cemetary so on that side the neighbors are quiet. You can see from the one map their proximity to each other and get an idea of the size of the lake.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map copy.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	55412   Click image for larger version

Name:	map2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	55413  

Name:	map3.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	55414  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:17 AM   #65
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
cracked up??

Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
Oh Lou, you crack me up!!!
This is Lou, the other Lou!!! As in Lou and Larry Woodruff.....not the Patterson! What cracks you UP? LOL
Larry and I have stayed at Grand Lake St. Mary's SP when we were there to go to the Neil Armstrong Museum which is close by. It is a great SP. Nice pull thru spots and nice restrooms and showers. Very clean. I don't know if there is a pavillion. We only need a couple of sun shelters next to a couple of awnings, right? And then we pray for nice weather!!!! LOL!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:05 AM   #66
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hey! I've been offline for a while...good news I will be there!! Be sure to let me know when and where to register! A pull through would be a good thing, but then again I have to learn to back in sometime and there's already a dent on one side just kidding...
Old 03-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #67
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Peter and Larry can entertain themselves in fine style. I say! They can have their own men's rally! LOL Add some more men to that and we can call it a Men's and Women's "you can tow it too" rally!

I know your Not Lou Patterson, I havent lost it yet. This post is what made me laugh!!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #68
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Okay Ladies, I called the State Park. First is they dont have full hook up, all they have are electrical sites which are 23.00 dollars a night. They have Water to full your holding tank and also a dump station. Jackson Center is about 30-45 minutes away, and the Caverns are about 45 minutes as well. They Do have Pull Threw sites, and I do have a map of the campground, but I cant post it on here. They dont really have any sites on the water, but they have some that are very close to the water, within walking distance. They dont have a group area in the electric area, but she said that I shouldnt have a problem getting us all together at that time of year. She said that there is an 8 Dollar fee to make reservations, and you have to pay for your whole stay when you make reservations. She said we shoudnt need to make reservations, but to call at the begining of April to see how its going as far as sites open. They have Fire rings and pinic tables at every site.

So what does everyone think?

Old 03-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #69
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I like the state park!

And I think we should do the Dude Looks Like a Lady competition! And thanks to Lou and Larrita (Larry) for starting this fun Rivettee tradition!

Name:	dude3.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	55444 
Name:   dudes1.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  12.1 KB

Name:   dude2.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  8.2 KB

Name:	larrita.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	55445

Name:	My%20best%20friend%2C%20Larrita.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	55446 Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2874-01.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	55447

photography
Old 03-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #70
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Oh Gosh, YES WE DO, and I have that song on my Ipod!!! I think we are going to get some good looking shemales at this rally!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #71
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well that is a fab idea Carol.....Peter has had a bit of practice - but someone really needs to work on his makeup skills Taken many moons ago at our first Halloween Party in our first house so that is way too many years ago....He/she might have aged a bit from that photo

Name:	PK.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	55448
Old 03-03-2008, 10:43 AM   #72
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Jumping Right In......

How is this for a logo...?? The shot was taken at the Jackson Centre Last Year.

I can work the sizing and any of the lettering size depending on what we all want to use it for....perhaps that souvenir site (anyone have the link???) can be set up again....

Name:	Rivette Spring Rally Logo copy.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	55450
Old 03-03-2008, 10:47 AM   #73
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Okay, I like it, but one thinkg, First is that its not the Spring rally, I thought we were going to call it the We Can Tow It rally. And the Airstream is kinda confusing to me, its hard to make it out. But i really like Rosie in the window!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #74
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Oh tell Peter he wont have any problems with looking like a lady, we can work on his makeup.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #75
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
OMG you gals are cracking me up!! I have a question about the "beauty contest". How does one go about judging it? Is it based on personality,looks,best outfit? Will there be a mankini contest or talent portion? Inquiring minds want to know!!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #76
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Mankini, I just got a picture in my head that is more like a nightmare! I think best personality and a talent portion! But I dont care really!

Old 03-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #77
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
About the Logo...

Well lets see.....

Can you make this out?

Name:	100_8104.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	55452

You have to think 40's for both Rosie and the Trailer!

Rivette was the cool name made up last year and I think all the ladies like the distinction. Sounds a bit more fun and generation cool opposed to "women" I am no woman by any stretch and even further from a lady

The emphasis is the We Can Tow It! - if you pop it in the name then it will get lost.

It is spring opposed to summer (as in last years Summer Solstice Rivette Rally) so just trying to be a bit consistent. And thinking ahead to the second Rally that will be in the fall right...so if you call them both the same thing then we will get very confused - and that does not take much for some of us like Moi!!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #78
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
OK, well thats just what I was thinking, but do whatever, and I said the 2nd rally was going to allow men, and be more of a forums rally, so it was going to be called that

Old 03-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #79
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda
OMG you gals are cracking me up!! I have a question about the "beauty contest". How does one go about judging it? Is it based on personality,looks,best outfit? Will there be a mankini contest or talent portion? Inquiring minds want to know!!
OMG talent contest LOL this is fun! Can we all get in on that, it would be a hoot! Beacause I don't have ANY talent, tee hee, just make sure we keep those libations coming...

photography
Old 03-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #80
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
I dont have any talents, but to watch the guys with a talent, that would be fun!