Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #41
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
OKay, I called the KOA, and this is what Debbie, the owner said. For a group rate Full Hookup with cable is 31.50 and water and electric is 27.31 per night. To get the Group rate we need to have 10 rigs. I dont know if we can get that many. But if we do, we get a free Pavillion that is inclosed, and heated if its to cold to have our meals or whatever. If we didnt have that many Full Hook up will cost is 37.31 a night and water and electric would be 32.31, and you cant use your KOA card, which sounded kinda odd to me. The Pool wont be open, but they do that free WiFi. She told me a lot of great things about the area, such as the Neil Armstrong Museum, and about a good place to get dinner on Friday night.

I also went to the website of the Saint Mary's state park, and they have Water and Electric (I think) for 24.00 a night. Frankly I dont care where we go.

Also I did talk to Mel on the forums, and she is going to edit my first post on here once we get a location down.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:12 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
We should call you the Lightening Woman you are so fast!!

Great info Laura. Maybe a link to both camps and then people can give their two cents as to which might be the best for all. Then the final decision as to the location can be made.

.....is that like the Neil Armstrong to the moon Alice 1969 Moon Landing Neil????? Like the same Neil who has two buddies Michael Collins and Buzz Aldren as in THAT NEIL??????

I am so so so close to committing (no not being committed )

So as soon as there is a definite Date (April 24-26????) Then I can, as the say Book it Dan 'O'
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #43
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Yes, the date will be April 24 thru 26. Anyone who wants to take the tour at the Airstream Plant would need to be there by 2pm. Also, I asked, and the Carverns are about 45 minutes away, and Debbie said IT WAS WORTH THE DRIVE!!!!!!

Yes Sharon, the Neil Armstrong that was the first person to walk on the moon, he has his own museum.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #44
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
ok, here are the web address'

here is the KOA

New Page 1

and here is the Saint Mary's state park

Grand Lake St. Marys State Park

Old 03-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Good links Laura. Hey everybody chime in.

It's nice the KOA has a pavillion...I know it would be better than the "chapel" at Poor Farmers? The lake would be more open in space and elements, may or may not be a good thing. Wonder what the projected forecast is for the end of April.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #46
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
If we can get 10 rigs, I wouldnt mind the KOA, but if we cant, I would like to stay at the lake. The KOA is just so damn pricey, its not like Im going to need cable TV, and the pool is close, and there arent any events going on, so we arent really getting all we could, ya know what I mean? If we can get 10 rigs, i think it would be a nice place, for a good price.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:49 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Thanks Laura - great job on the links....

Looks like Peter is thinking of making a small holiday out of it. By the end of April his arenas will be shut down and he will be in a good frame of mind for a nice break.

We will be picking up the new shower at the Factory - so he will have a job to do to keep him busy while I play

But no more fancy free for me Will have some of that great Blackcurrent Merlot for hand outs - (and if we set too on a name and any ideas for a logo - I will get some wine labels done up.)

But moderation is the key for me - I get myself into far too much trouble

That kiddy play ground looks like a nice substitute for the midnight swim

We might have our Kayaks with us - so a lake or one near by might be nice. As for the girls, stay or go, up in the air at this point...
Old 03-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #48
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
There can be substitute for the pool! I loved the midnight dip, thats why I was thinking of the lake, the only thing is, we may be able to call ourselves polar bears by the end of it LOL!

So Peter is coming, Gee, this is funny coming from the person who didnt want ANY husbands to come!!

Old 03-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #49
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Yeah it is funny really

I could pick the opposite campsite to what the Rivettes choose and just come in for the day - like a Rivette day camp and just bring pictures of my trailer

Or I could choose my husband over the Rivettes completely - which is not really on my list of favorite ideas.

I guess I am looking at a different situation now (life is like that) We have to make the trip to Jackson Centre In April - and it is a good 10 hour drive for us - to make the trip back to back when our time is so limited would be a bit silly.

He will be out of sight and out of mind - if you all want him to be a Larrietta look-a-like then he will oblige. Peter and I will have our time together before and after the weekend if we plan his vacation that way.

I do the towing most of the time anyway and I also do the parking, so there is no big deal on that score.

But if the consensus is no "males" then you just have to say the word - and I will work something out.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #50
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
i dont have a problem with it, but it was just like before when I said that there was 2 couples that said they wanted to come, but husbands had to come, well, now we are changing plans, so what do I say to them, that they can come with their husbands?

Old 03-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #51
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
The philosophy of the Rivettes is to have the courage to tow to the Rally - get out and meet ladies of all walks of life. It is a ladies event primarily. There will always be circumstances where people will be on vacation or passing through or close by to a Rivette Rally - to which thus far we have not turned anyone away.

We had male guests at the first Rivette Rally that did not deter whatsoever from the philosophy of the event, nor from the experiences of all the ladies who went to great lengths to accomplish what they did.

However, for those needing to travel with their husbands or friend - must ask themselves the question as to what their intent would be.

Ours is simple - we are not an afternoon drive away. The rally is now in April rather than June. Peter has vacation and is coming off a long winter with no vacation. We have to visit the Factory - and Peter also would love to do the tour!

Laura please don't think you have to feel like you are responsible for telling anyone anything. I am sure all out there can make their own decisions under whatever circumstances they find themselves in.

But as I mentioned - we can work around it if there is a problem. Peter is the last person we have to worry about crashing our ladies Party! (or is that Petunia)
Old 03-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #52
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
I know, I just dont know where to draw the line. I dont want someone mad because all these men showing up LOL

Old 03-02-2008, 07:37 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Larrita

Larry crashed the last rally. I don't think that he really subtracted anything from the fun that we had at the rally. He added some little amount of interest. He (as Larrita) had some fun and kept himself busy. Both of us had a great time at the Summer Solstice. I think that the rally should be open to any airstreamers that can get there. It adds interest and the ladies that wish to have their get togethers can do so! We had quite a few ladies that gathered off to themselves at the Metro Detroit and I don't think any of the rest of the group was concerned about it. But that is just my take on it....to each her own opinion.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:39 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Peter

Peter and Larry can entertain themselves in fine style. I say! They can have their own men's rally! LOL Add some more men to that and we can call it a Men's and Women's "you can tow it too" rally!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:53 PM   #55
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Larrita was a big hit! Don't worry about drawing lines, I think Lou is right. And good philosophy Sharon. And don't forget that Jamie's husband stopped over as did Lou and Larry's friends.

Post the rally on the calendar and let interested people start signing up and get the exposure from the rally pop-ups and tell your couple friends they can come, and that's my opinion. It's not like us to turn people away or make rules. You can then get busy recruiting for the next rally and getting even more women to tow whether they drive alone or not.

Maybe you want to rename the rally to something about Ohio or the factory???? Catch the wave you have momentum!!

photography
Old 03-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #56
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Oh Lou, you crack me up!!!

Old 03-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #57
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
I thought the name was cool

Old 03-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #58
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
That makes it easy, write it up and give to the mods to put up. Get 'er done.

photography
Old 03-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #59
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
so what campground, has anyone been to the state park before?

Old 03-02-2008, 08:37 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
If'n I kin ketch one, I'd bring him!

I think Husbands, boyfriends, etc are fine as long as they come with Larita's attitude and helpfulness. It was great fun last year and I'm all for it. It is a woman's rally, but that doesn't mean we should exclude males... it just means that they will be outclassed and out-manned!

Paula