Old 04-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #281
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
WOW!! Did I miss alot!!! Just got back from Florida and was off the grid for awhile.

It sounds like the pack is growing. Loudruff- If you want me to bring stamping stuff of anything for your projects - let me know, I do the card thing, too. Got tons of stuff.

So, Friday night is Mexican....I will have to think on that one. Anybody like omelets for breakfast?? I also drink coffee almost anytime- with cream, sugar, kahlua........

i am going to try to get up there on Thursday night as well- don't want to miss any fun!!

PEACE!

Holly
silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #282
4 Rivet Member

Ok vacation has been moved we plan on attending the We can tow it rally. Are there a block of sites that we all are staying in or is it scattered around the park.Let us know so we can reserve.Will tow into Jackson Center and onto the Camp ground after the tour.

S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch. Pulled By 2010 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Megacab
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:19 PM   #283
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Dont make reservations, they charge 8 dollars, and there is no need, who ever gets to the campground first can ask where the best sites would be, and we will get a group around them. Who ever gets there first, Sharon or Carol, ask them to tell anyone for the We Can Tow It rally to send them to where you guys are!!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #284
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
YEA!!! We are getting a great turnout. So glad you could rearrange the schedule and have you two aboard.

This is who we have attending so far

Laura (airedale)
Brock (BrockLives)
Sharon (GT1963) Peter
Lynda (Roamin' Cat)
Holly (silvermoon)
Holly (Silvertwin)
Stephanie (tin sista) Dave and Sam
Carol (wheel interested) Brad
Lou (loudruff) Larry
Mrs (ctdair) Mr
Marylou (Mikethefixit) Roger

Roger and Marylou are tentative

And Brad and I will be bringing both trailers and all the animals and going on to Hocking Hills after the rally.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:52 AM   #285
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
That and I dont think Dave and Sam are coming. I think its only Steph, and Holly(Silvertwin) has her husband Jason coming as well
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:41 AM   #286
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
stamping

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermoon
Loudruff- If you want me to bring stamping stuff of anything for your projects - let me know, I do the card thing, too. Got tons of stuff.
Hi Holly! I am going to try to pack stamps, ink, cardstock and cutters etc. Carol and I are teaming up on some card ideas...kind of like a make it and take it kit. I am throwing in my Airstream stamps, flamingos, palm trees, etc. If you have any good images to go with the camping/Rivettes theme that would be great!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #287
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
Loudruff- So you are going to do the precuts and have some ideas?

Carol- There is also a lady that is in my area that said she was coming to the rally, although I don't see her name on the list. She goes by Overdrawn. I will PM her to see if she is coming.

PEACE!

Holly
Old 04-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #288
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Laura will be nice to see your sister and B-I-L again! We had a good time at Apple Creek. Next time we copy the list we can make those corrections.

Steph what's the plan? Are you arriving by yourself and then the boys may join you later? Or are you just a girl on the loose for all time?

With two crafty ladies, Lou and Holly, between your combined expertise those cards are going to be cool. Holly and Lou will you also bring some of your finished cards to show us please? I wonder what you two will cook up?

Holly that is great about Overdrawn, thanks for touching base with her. Might she be an artist? That's a unique name.

photography
Old 04-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #289
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
I believe that her x-husband was a banker!

PEACE!

Holly
Old 04-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #290
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
I should be excited but

after reading about corrosion, clearcoat probs, and some other stuff today, all I feel is depressed.

We really stretched ourselves several ways in this purchase, and rather impulsively, which is most unlike us. Far too little research and a BIG financial commitment - new AS and new truck. Usually I suffer from analysis paralysis, really, and that combined with a tendency to procrastinate and a memory problem, mean that not a lot gets followed through on around here.

I actually thought this was a blessing, this buying impulsively off the lot when we only stopped to look. DH was the one who wanted to go for it, even though I dragged him there just to look. It will go down in history as my bad, though, if it turns out that way, and I/we just don't have room at the moment for this kind of stress.

I guess I need a pep talk or a reality check or a smack in the face or a drink or a hug or something!

I am supposed to be packing for the pickup trip and shake down, the house is a mess, and I am way behind on several projects that are past deadline. Feeling rather overwhelmed and down.

Aren't I supposed to feel excited?!

Sorry for the rant

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:18 PM   #291
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
Cheer up!! Not all trailers have problems!!! Most of us are running around in trailers that are 30 or 40 years old- and we know that they have problems- but they just keep rolling along.

As for the house- You would be wasting time if you cleaned- because it will just be dirty again tomorrow!!!

PEACE!

Holly
Old 04-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #292
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hey Lynda!

Buying an Airstream is a really big deal. You are essentially buying a home with all the stress and mixed feelings of such a big move. So far you are par for the course. It may take you a while to settle down with all the thoughts that are flying through your head. It's so easy to circumvent that ecstacy and first love with the rigors of questioning your decision with pre buyers remorse jitters. But you are being too rough on yourself. I think we all do that. You are just exhibiting responsibility and good common sense in review but also going through a time of high anxiety. Who loves the process of buying a car? We surely don't, can't wait to get home free. It can be very overwhelming. So if you can suspend thinking along those lines, trust your inclinations and DH's wholehearted embrace of the new venture. This is the beginning of wonderful things to come. It isn't just an aluminum bodied RV but it's value to you in what it holds in store for you in the way of appreciation and experience and life style.

The trouble threads will sap your joy. They are depressing. Read them, absorb the knowlege and then leave them alone. Get Colonial to wax your baby before she leaves the lot, insist it be part of the prep they should do. Then that's that for six months. Don't look at the spot of corrosion or the scratch or the ding in the counter that is bound to come along, look at the big picture, a beautifully styled work of art comfortable and well appointed, that is going to make you feel like a million dollars and take you where ever you want to go. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

The house, well...er... I know that you would feel SOOOO good once you left seeing my place, I guarantee it. A messy house is a sign of an active mind. So what? The house is there to serve you, you aren't there to serve it. But I do understand your feelings. I think we were separated at birth as twins.

Challenge yourself, you will not be sorry once you jump in and feel the love. We're waiting for you. You'll be just fine. I always feel overwhelmed when I look around and try to tie up loose ends before a trip and it does overshadow the excitement, but a half an hour into being out on the road fixes that just fine. Don't forget to bring your favorite tunes for the truck.

photography
Old 04-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #293
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
I agree with Carol. Only I feel better the minute we turn out of the driveway! We love to travel. I never want to come home when we are out on the road.

You meet so many more people out on the road when you are in your Airstream, than another RV. People really gravitate to them.

Also, remember that is it just money. What makes a good life are great experiences and spending time with the people that you love.

PEACE!

Holly
Old 04-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #294
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
thanks for talking me back from the ledge! I appreciate the support and encouragement I have found here so very much, thank you, and also for your patience with me

Will write on Sunday night when we return and tell you how it all went.

Carol, since we already signed the papers and paid, is it too late to ask for that waxing? Another rookie mistake

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote