Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-12-2008, 07:28 AM   #341
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey low 70's and clouds heck girls =- that is like the Caribbean@!!!

We are still in the balmy 30-40's.

Heaters we don't need no heaters body heat - 0 Carbon Footprint is our Motto. Fur for blankets too Will create the Tin Igloo effect

Oh Carol very very scary clouds add trees to your yard and that would be an Airstreamers Nightmare....hail and high winds in the face of substantial trees...
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #342
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
beach towels

I went out shopping with Loren today. I got to take my time and cruise through the WalMart store. They have the coolest hot pink beach towels with flamingo and palm tree. The palm tree is embroidered and 3 D. Very cool. I just had to get one. And a hot pink beach bag too. I found a beach bag that had a flamingo on it, but it was an ugly color. So I took a picture of it and I will try and draw a flamingo like that to put on the prettier beach bag that I bought. Sharon, the Dollar Tree store had lady bug hats...too cute. Steph, thanks for the tip on the Dollar Tree store. I had fun finding all kinds of flamingo junk! LOL! Does anyone know how many children are coming? The only one that I know of is Sam.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #343
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Lou
Is flamingo stuff Mandatory if ya have an Airstream? If so we are in trouble.we dont have any flamingo anything! We are get excited about meeting all of U.

Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #344
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I'll step in- and say Naaa - it is what ever turns your crank....I was into the sun stars and moons with our first one - and this second is of course LadyBugs

There is nothing I repeat nothing in life that is mandatory - except death. - not even taxes are mandatory - we just think they are tee hee...

No worries there Mikethefixit - you gotta lighten up a bit - it is all about having fun and meeting people - the rest is just a bonus...

on the less - well we just upped the anti on the furniture side tee hee - if we can not have the services we may as well make the inside look like a little Rec Room - tee hee - make the girls feel at home anyway...
Old 04-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #345
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Hey Carol
I hope its ok I invited a couple down the street to come also. They bought a 69 LandYaht last fall. I dont think they have been out wiff it yet. They have converted from a huge 5th Wheel SOB to a 31 ft Airstream.
They are very nice people ,I can tell and I just met them today, he was more than eager to show me thru,like most Airstreamers do.
I say the more the merrier. I dont think they are online so If they deside to come I will ad them to the list if thats ok.
Later
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #346
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I'll share that more the merrier mantra with you Roger. I am sure I have heard our rally hostess Laura say that herself! Laura has done such a great job in planning this rally, I know it will be a lot of fun. But me, I'm just another big fan and cheerleader, and participant as yourself, I just talk more.

That's pretty cool to have Airstreaming neighbors. I hope I get to see it and they can make the rally. I think they would enjoy the tour too, especially as new Airstreamers, don't you think? Airstreams are made to roll!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who else is out there? Come on to the rally, you hear?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:00 PM   #347
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
We've been reading this thread since the beginning - it sounds like such a blast when you all get together. We met Lou and Larry last fall (Dillon S.P.) when we were first looking for an AS. We have made our decision and we've made our purchase - but it is being re-done (inside) and it will not be ready for this rally. WE are so anxious to see it!!! We purchased a 25' 2007 Airstream International SS Ocean Breeze but weren't happy with all the blue interior. It looked nice and had a terrific WOW factor but it wasn't us and we just had to make it our own - we didn't want it to look like all the other OB's out there. All interior upholstery (sofa and dinette) is being redone, new bedspread, new curtains between the bedroom and the galley and new window curtains all around. We picked out all the materials and are so excited - we hope it comes off as well as we think it will. We hoped to have it ready for the Lake St. Mary's week-end but it isn't going to happen.

One day we'll be out there and then we'll be happy to show off our OB (modified) AS. We hope to be able to stop by sometime during the week end to see how the rally is going and to get a chance to meet so many of you that we keep reading messages from - especially those from Michigan which happens to be our home state. (We've been stuck down here in Ohio for many years and have come to love Ohio and its beauty also.)

Hope to see you all some time during the week end. Have a great rally!!! And keep enjoying 'streaming.
Prodigy Brake controls
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool
Than to open it and remove all doubt."
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #348
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hey that is great Pilgrim. Yes stop by, we'll be looking for you, we'll be the ones over by all the Airstreams. Too bad that the OB isn't ready yet. Congratulations on your new Airstream. I will be very interested in how you customize it to be your very own. My favorite part of all the rallies is open house and seeing everyone's unique flavor. No two are ever alike. Lou and Larry are aces in everyone's book. Always fun to be at a rally with them. See you soon then!!

photography
Old 04-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #349
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
flamingos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit
Lou
Is flamingo stuff Mandatory if ya have an Airstream? If so we are in trouble.we dont have any flamingo anything! We are get excited about meeting all of U.
Roger
Roger, for some reason flamingos seem to flock to the shiny aluminum. Not exactly sure how that works. Seems that most of us have one or two pink flamingos and a few palm trees that come along on our trips. But you really don't need to have them. We agree that the more the merrier! Hope your new found AS neighbors can come. Maybe you can caravan up! Pilgrim, we are sorry that you will not be bringing the new OB with you. We are excited to see how it turns out. We look forward to seeing you again. Will you be joining us for the factory tour on Fri., or the potluck on Sat.? We hope to see you down the road to wherever you can make it.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #350
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
[quote=GT1963]Thought you were leaving yours at home and bunking in with Laura???

So do you have one of your three that you are coming into the rally with??

No, maybe you are confusing me with the other Holly- Lauras' sister? I can't wait to meet everbody because I am in a total state of confusion as to who I am talking to at any given moment!

I will be bringing the '67 tradewind. It now has power!!!!!!!!!

Roger-
I didn't realize we were so close together. I live in Springfield. As far as the flamingos go- I don't think I have any. My sister -in-law on the other hand has one that sings and dances!

PEACE!

Holly
silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #351
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermoon
............No, maybe you are confusing me with the other Holly- Lauras' sister? I can't wait to meet everbody because I am in a total state of confusion as to who I am talking to at any given moment!
oh yes I am so confused - who am I I am sorry Holly I am.. Okay so who has the parrots and the 70's overlander that will not be ready for the weekend then? tee hee

that is Great - Holly you and I can talk power for the people and "Girl POWER" So sorry Daniel will not be here this trip - she and her Mom have such a great time with the girls!!! Come on Vicki just one more girls weekend kick the year off with us.....

so Holly you in for a morning hike and photo shoot either Monday Tues or Wednesday of next week and lunch??

And how about a dinner with Annie and Marvin and Peter and I on tuesday night? - hanging in Jackson Centre.

We plan on being at the Terra Port for Sunday night or Monday morning. Leaning toward Sunday Night - so Hubby can have as much time with the Tech experts and pick up all our parts

We are leaving this thursday so I only have 3 more days to get my act together - where is that glass of wine to keep me going...I have been told I can not touch the new batch - PS it is awsome....chilled or room temp
Old 04-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #352
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Brock is bunking with me!!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #353
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
ladybug girl!

Hey Sharon, sounds like you are going to have a BIG week! We are looking forward to seeing you! When will you be moving from the TerraPort to Grand Lake? I don't know when anyone else will be landing at Grand Lake St. Mary's. Larry and I are trying to figure out when we can be there.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #354
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
Brock is bunking with me!!

Yes yes yes my senior moment has ended - Brock also has the beautiful birds too....

Okay I am straight now - well I will never be straight but that is beside the point - straight as in as straight as anyone can be at any given time in their lives

Hey you back from your trip south?? Have a nice time??? ready for next week are you?

I am flying out the door now to work more on the ladybug....
Old 04-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #355
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Yes, Im back, it was 90 degs most of time. Let me tell you I had a great time. But im glad to be back home, and back to work tonight!!

Old 04-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #356
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Hey Sharon, sounds like you are going to have a BIG week! We are looking forward to seeing you! When will you be moving from the TerraPort to Grand Lake? I don't know when anyone else will be landing at Grand Lake St. Mary's. Larry and I are trying to figure out when we can be there.

sorry lou must have been typing the same time as your post and I missed it

Yes big week - to many things and I need to clone myself right this minute as I just sent the washer on for a cycle with NO CLOTHES IN IT
As for moving the wagon over to the Rally site - that will be up to My darling Peter...it is his vacation in the middle mine at the end and Ours at the beginning tee hee...have this worked out to a T - got the begging part of the trip planned and the end but you can guess why the middle is not - must be a man thing

I suspect once Peter has had is super duper fix on the Mothership he will want to move shop to the forest again...

I look very much to see you again Lou & Larry and all...lots of new faces all very exciting....

Off again to do more and more....
Old 04-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #357
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
ill be there on thursday wth Steph!

Old 04-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #358
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Laura how was Florida! Glad you are back. Time is now at hand, it's time to rally!!!!!

I am planning on leaving this Friday, so barring any unforeseen obstacles I will be pulling into Grand Lake Saint Mary's on the 18th, Saturday the latest (I hope) and planning to relocate when our rally hostess, Laura, Miss Rivette 2008!!! arrives and designates our communal area.

Holly, Sharon, I may be in on anything you two are doing if I may crash the party. I plan on getting some errands and shopping done in the extra time before the rally and resting up to be able to keep up with all you zany energetic ladies.

photography
Old 04-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #359
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
well whoever gets to the campground just pick the spots, it really doesnt matter, no need to make people move once they are there, just pick a spot where we can all be!

Old 04-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #360
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Laura but will be no problem to move. I am a crazy bird choosing my site. I don't want to lock everyone into my prerally choice...too big a responsibility for me to handle. I am going to pick a very special place that appeals to me. I walk the grounds like Goldilocks choosing a chair. We have been teased by campground hosts if we are ready to buy yet, when we finally hit the office.

But I will be glad to scope it out and post pictures. I think they have wi-fi.

photography