Old 03-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #197
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I plan to arrive in Ohio before time as well. I was thinking of several options the terraport for $10.00 a night full hook-up, or extra time at the rally site or Hocking Hills State Park to the SouthEast of Grand Lake St. Mary's and then there are many other state parks in the area Facilities Available at Ohio State Parks Of course that KOA is still right in line with the trip too.

Hocking Hills Region of Ohio - hockinghills.com - "HOCKING HILLS INTERNET GUIDE"

Hocking Hills has many caves and waterfalls and different areas to explore and hike. There will be a photo contest April 20th Shoot the Hills at the park and spring wild flowers hopefully will be cooperatingly in abundance.
hocking_hills Photo Gallery by Carol Baidinger at pbase.com

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #198
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Peter was debating the same actually... If he wanted to work on the LadyBug what a better place to do it. He would love to talk shop with the tech people. And he may even dry fit the new shower. I have no idea what he will get done before we leave but I know he will fill his time with busy hands.

There is a big field there so the girls would not mind that at all.

and maybe if there are a few others in the neighbour hood we could congregate and tour the area "beyond" the factory and hopefully not get lost in the corn fields....

Certainly is economical - but we have one issue - we do not have running water per see - but the porta potti is just fine. Are there any facilities in the area?? As we will be tin tenting it. Somehow I don't think he will have my shower operational....

Old 03-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #199
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
Certainly is economical - but we have one issue - we do not have running water per see - but the porta pottis is just fine. Are there any facilities in the area?? As we will be tin tenting it. Somehow I don't think he will have my shower operational....
You'd have to take a bird bath in the customer's lounge at JC. Otherwise you could always go back to Poor Farmer's Campground... (I know you enjoyed their facilities so much...)lol

The state parks should have open shower houses April 1st, I think.

photography
Old 03-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #200
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey if Peter takes out a camping site and stick the Canadian Flag Tent up there we could still use their facilities tee hee - how far away from Airstream is the state park? Did I see that somewhere?

Oh PS Poor Farmers lived up to its name - they could not afford bath house keepers - oh my that place was hmmm not a pleasant memory...And I can not believe that I am agreeing to travel AGAIN with no facilities in this trailer...what does a girl gotta do to get one that works - all of it working at the same time..
Old 03-17-2008, 01:28 PM   #201
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
What are some things you and the girls are interested in? I grew up on the area and might be able to suggest something fun!

PEACE!

Holly
silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #202
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
30 miles to JC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JCroute.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	56449   Click image for larger version

Name:	directionsjc.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	56450  

photography
Old 03-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #203
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermoon
What are some things you and the girls are interested in? I grew up on the area and might be able to suggest something fun!
Holly Moon that would be terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Myself I am interested in shorter hikes or drive by shootings (stops) tee hee, for photography. Where ever nature is its best this particular time of year. Thanks.

photography
Old 03-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #204
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh Hi Holly (Silver Moon) You either have a cool boss or you work from home or you may be like me and just play from home )

Wow I like anything really - just not hanging out in a Mall all day - unless of course it is pouring with rain, empty credit card and nothing else to do

I think we are going caving as one of the activities and there is the Friday Factory Tour - so anything else would be pretty much game.

Oh and if there are sisters then I am on my own - Hubby can Dog Sit and have all the Peter time he wants.

As for the drive to St.Mary's that is like driving from my home now into Peterborough to have a shower. Bird baths till we reach the point where we or others can no longer stand us or you can not tell the difference between the doggy smell and the human smell - we will vacate and move to St. Mary's - Might even see if we can get into one of their cabins - see how much they are first)) like a second honeymoon - oh brother I could think of a warmer place to be
Old 03-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #205
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I'll ditto on Carol's thoughts but will add - must haves..... wine pouch and chocolate for the short hike as opposed to long (getting older and body worn out from this past winter - oh what am I saying it still is winter here!!!

....I would be most humbled to shoot along side Carol if you'd have a clutz along My track record for staying on my feet this past winter has not been that good

What is the weather like there...muddy, snow, thawing or are you pretty much dry with no permafrost or white stuff to think of.

Holly do you like photography or nature walks? Would you be able to come out and play that week leading up to the Rally?
Old 03-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #206
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Oh my, I may bring you a nice floral splasher, and if you don't care for it I will just spray my upper lip! Or try this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AAAAAh_QYkwAAAAAAE9GGA.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	56453  

photography
Old 03-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #207
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
One place that comes to mind is the small town of Yellow Springs. It is a little burg that never left the sixties. There are really cool shops, and some neat places to eat. To the immediate north is a nature area called Clifton Gorge and John bryant state park(no campground). It has really neat areas to hike. A wonderful pine forrest and of course a gorge that is really neat. You could spend a whole day in this area. Just north of Yellow Springs is a small dairy that has really good ice cream/food, miniature golf, batting cages and cows to pet.
Buck Creek state park (Springfield) has a nice campground and is located a little further north on the way to St. Marys. There is a lake there to kayak at, some hiking. It is nice, but not in a dramatic way. There is also a good river for canoeing/kayaking close by. George Rogers Clark state park is also there and is good for hiking or mountain biking.
If you like to ride bikes there are extensive bike trails in the area.
A rainy day activity might be the Air Force museum in Fairborn. You have to see it to believe it. They have visiters from all over the world.
Around the area of Ohio caverns are two castles that are open to the public which can be neat.
If you guys need anything while you are in the area, Wally has a pretty extensive shop for working on cool things like Airstreams, so if we can help with anything let us know.
These are the things off the top of my head, I will keep thinking.

PEACE!

Holly
Old 03-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #208
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I seem to remember there was a big Tree at the Terra Port???

But my first vision is the minute I get in it - the dogs would want in and would pull the shower down and I would be left standing in (B)Rare form beside the tree - gosh the tree would run-away!!!! if that happened. Peter would pull up the LadyBug and leave me in a flash.... I suspect Ohio would even declare a state of emergency and issue blinding glasses for everyone

Plastic wrap under the clothing might work better hence no need for the upper lip spray....

But I am a bit worried about the pre-spray situation in the little LadyBug with the big fella along...
Old 03-17-2008, 02:07 PM   #209
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
Gosh, I must type really slow for you to get all that stuff in while I was posting- wait- I did have to go do some work in there.
I love photography. I have been playing around with video and movies lately. Hiking is cool too.

PEACE!

Holly
Old 03-17-2008, 02:09 PM   #210
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
No snow. No permafrost. It is usually a nice time of year. Although if it is raining, there will be some mud involved!

PEACE!

Holly