Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2008, 09:35 PM   #241
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Only if your young, hot and single!!!!!

joking!!!!!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:18 AM   #242
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
My criteria is more yielding.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lifeat50.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	56746  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:23 PM   #243
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Great photos Carol!!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:07 AM   #244
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Hey Ladies, I called the campground yesterday, and it looks like we are not going to need to make reservations. They dont have any Large groups coming that weekend. So we are golden!!! So where has everyone been?

Old 03-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #245
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
Hey Ladies, I called the campground yesterday, and it looks like we are not going to need to make reservations. They dont have any Large groups coming that weekend. So we are golden!!! So where has everyone been?
Great update Laura I'm getting psyched...what's been going on??? Bake sales, for school stuff I feel like a Stepford wife arrrggghhh... Today I'm taking in treats for Sam's birthday...gotta run keep up the great rally info!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:33 AM   #246
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Aww Sam's birthday, yay!!! How cute, im guessing he is 6 now!!! He is getting Big!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 10:06 AM   #247
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Ah Steph Sam is growing so fast!! Such a good mom.

Laura can you post a tentative timeline for itinerary please? And shall we start our food list? Just copy and paste if you would like to add to the list. Are there coffee drinkers? Does anyone have a large coffee urn or is that too much caffine for you all? I might be the only one that drinks it all morning long...

Taco bar- Friday
layered dip and chips- Carol
ground beef taco meat and cheddar cheese-Carol

Potluck-Saturday
chicken wings- Carol

Breakfast-Saturday?
Egg and sausage skillet- Carol

photography
Old 03-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #248
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
coffee urn

Hi Carol and All of you all!
Larry and I are planning to attend if we possibly can. Mom is still in the nursing home and not able to walk without help. Getting therapy. We will see where she is at with that in a few weeks. Still attempting to figure out why she is having so much trouble.
We have several large coffee pots that we can bring along. We have a 35 c. pot and a 100 c. pot. How much coffee do you want to brew up??? LOL
We are getting excited about the approaching date and looking forward to it and hoping we can be there.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #249
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Well I don't think I can drink more than about 12 cups at a setting myself

photography
Old 03-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #250
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
coffee

Well, I will try to remember to pack the pot and filters. Neither Larry nor I drink coffee, but we make it for the Concession Stand and the pancake breakfasts all the time. Maybe the 35 c. pot is just the ticket for all of you! LOL
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 03-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #251
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Well, I will try to remember to pack the pot and filters. Neither Larry nor I drink coffee, but we make it for the Concession Stand and the pancake breakfasts all the time. Maybe the 35 c. pot is just the ticket for all of you! LOL
Lou you are a doll. I will buy the coffee just let me know what I owe you. But seriously if there are no other coffee drinkers it might be overkill. I just hate having to excuse myself from the action while I boil another cup of water for the coffee single. Perhaps I should just bring the home coffee maker if no one else is a caffine addict. It just takes a lot to jump start this old gal these days...

Do you feel like leading a little crafting activity though? Maybe something 1/2 hour and we can continue on our own if the project requires it? Need I mention my attention span after all the coffee? Seriously your cards and banners are wonderful and I thought it was so nice when you did the class at the Louapalooza. You have so much talent, those and crochet and painting...I bet there's more, where there is smoke there is fire!

photography
Old 03-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #252
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
crafting

Crafting is my thing. What did you have in mind? I can always bring rubberstamps and card stuff. Banners are a little harder to do and takes lots more planning and materials, and fabric, and a sewing machine. Hope we will have good weather for outside time. Pray for no rain and snow!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 03-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #253
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
I THINK I'm gonna make it, but will need help :-)

Hi Ladies!

We are supposed to pick up the TV on Monday, and hoping to pick up the AS on Friday (!). We are booked the two weekends prior to the Rally, so I may show up with virtually NO experience towing (except from CT to OH!), backing, hooking up and unhooking, running the AS works, etc.

This might be just too much to ask, but I will anyway, 'cause I really want to come! Will you be able to help me, orient me, etc.? I will devour the manual and have one small trip and one overnight under my belt, but really this will all be new. I will bring wine, food and margarita stuff

What do you think? Be honest, please. I have never towed anything before, or owned a trailer, and have only driven a truck on test drives in the last week. Too optimistic, too much to ask, or go for it?!

Please let me know, I really do not want to be a burden to you all.

Thanks!
Lynda

ps Laura, I sent an email, but system is still having trouble and not sure when it will actually send.
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:07 PM   #254
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
you can do it

There will be lots of experienced folks there! You will have lots of fun and there is a wealth of information to tap! Come on!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 03-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #255
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hey Lynda how exciting! Congrats on the new Airstream and we would LOVE to have you at the rally.

You probably will receive the RV Safety training video and booklets with your owner's manuals. There is a lot of great information for towing. I'd say avoid congested traffic and narrow places and take it as slow as your comfort level allows, don't let anyone rush you and don't be hesitant to stop and get out and survey any clearances in question. I've gotten stuck in a few tight places and slowly worked out of them. Have your towing mirrors adjusted to see what's what around you in relation to the AS. Check your brakes with the new contoller and work that manual trailer brake on the controller and feel what it does. Don't follow too close, you will need lots of room to stop the combination. Remember to make wide turns and keep an eye where the AS wheels and rear end are. Pull throughs were designed for easy no fuss parking. When you pull off the main roads and enter gas stations and parking lots always have a view to your path to reentry. I like the end pump if the building is straight ahead and requires turning out from the pump...you never know when someone will pull in and park in the space you may have thought you'd be using in your turn. Parallell pumps are the best. Backing out is always an option but I save that for special occassions like campgrounds if possible. Drive the TV on it's way home and the same with the AS or in the lot to become comfortable. If you can do a few short runs or practices you will get a real boost in confidence and experience. Distance won't matter it's just more of the same. YOU CAN TOW IT!!!!!!

As far as showing you where the what's its and thingies go, you'll have plenty of help as Lou mentioned. Don't worry, last rally all the ladies got out their ladders and helped me unroll my awning since I let the awning tab get rolled up. There's always something no matter how many times you go out. The thing is to just go and have fun with the adventure come what may.

Traveling with margarita mix is always savvy and appreciated!

photography
Old 03-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #256
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Crafting is my thing. What did you have in mind? I can always bring rubberstamps and card stuff. Banners are a little harder to do and takes lots more planning and materials, and fabric, and a sewing machine. Hope we will have good weather for outside time. Pray for no rain and snow!
Could you bring your Airstream stamp Lou? If we could make a personalized note card and get some techniques down that would be primo! Your cards are works of art. I will have to bring mine to show. Thanks.

photography
Old 03-29-2008, 08:45 PM   #257
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Lynda, I wrote back to you, but yes, you need to come! There is no way out of it now! Your are signed up, and there is no getting out of it! You are going to have to try it at some point, why not it be at the ladies rally where no one really cares about their image, Right Sharon ???

Come out, have a good time, and take home the experience of a lifetime.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #258
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Denver , Colorado
Lynda,
How lucky you are to be able to go to this rally. I've been reading this thread as I contemplate whether or not to buy an Airstream. You ladies sound like you have a lot of fun and I'm hoping you do this kind of thing every year. I would love to own an Airstream and be able to join you. I admire the self confidence you all seem to have. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next year.
s.noble
s.noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:50 AM   #259
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Thank you!

Thank you for the encouragement, Ladies!

And thanks, Carol, for the great towing suggestions - very helpful I am going to take a couple of short, local trips in the next few weeks to get some experience, as you suggested, that is a terrific idea!

I am very lucky and feel very blessed, to be going to the Rally, to have a wonderful new AS and TV to play with and adventure in, and to have found you all. What a great bunch of people! Very much looking forward to meeting you in person

Thank you
Lynda

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #260
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Linda;

This time last year - my stomach was turning circles at the prospect of not only traveling for the first time on my own, but add in the towing, crossing the border, meeting a whole bunch of new people and the small detail of getting a very old broken down Airstream roadworthy - so that parts would not fall off on my trip....

We all have had challenges.

If you are thinking of doing it - then you have it in you to do it YOU CAN TOW IT!

Getting her hooked up and setting yourself behind that wheel and putting her in drive and rolling off your driveway for the first time is the hardest part of it all. If you can do that Linda then you are on your way - as you will have all the confidence you need to get yourself through to the "gaining experience" level.

And there is as many ladies here have offered and said, lots of combined experience to help you. Carol has lots of miles under her rubber and situations to share. Some of us are newer at it than others. Some of us two small others large, some new and some vintage.

Trust in yourself and your own abilities - at the beginning act like a sponge and soak up as much as you can from various resources - then put them all to the test and settle what is comfortable for you.

YOU OWN THE ROAD! those impatient or rude drivers beside or behind you can always go around - so they are the least of your worries.

Oh and don't worry about any backing in or parking - some of what you may read about contests or judging is just us all having fun on the forum...We really don't actually get out with pilons and clip boards.....we all run away and peak out our windows at the latest arrival NAAA just kidding...

If one is having a spot of trouble - we all don't coming running and jibber jabber your ear off - it usually is just one that will help you and give your confidence a bit of a boost - let you have a breather so that you can collect yourself and then basically do it all by yourself anyway.....

I do so much look forward to meeting those I have not and seeing those I have already again for some great times...and new memories...

and what is this about "image" Laura....I have no Image - they broke the mold on that one
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote