Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #201
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
What are some things you and the girls are interested in? I grew up on the area and might be able to suggest something fun!

PEACE!

Holly
silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #202
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
30 miles to JC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JCroute.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	56449   Click image for larger version

Name:	directionsjc.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	56450  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:41 PM   #203
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermoon
What are some things you and the girls are interested in? I grew up on the area and might be able to suggest something fun!
Holly Moon that would be terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Myself I am interested in shorter hikes or drive by shootings (stops) tee hee, for photography. Where ever nature is its best this particular time of year. Thanks.

photography
Old 03-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #204
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh Hi Holly (Silver Moon) You either have a cool boss or you work from home or you may be like me and just play from home )

Wow I like anything really - just not hanging out in a Mall all day - unless of course it is pouring with rain, empty credit card and nothing else to do

I think we are going caving as one of the activities and there is the Friday Factory Tour - so anything else would be pretty much game.

Oh and if there are sisters then I am on my own - Hubby can Dog Sit and have all the Peter time he wants.

As for the drive to St.Mary's that is like driving from my home now into Peterborough to have a shower. Bird baths till we reach the point where we or others can no longer stand us or you can not tell the difference between the doggy smell and the human smell - we will vacate and move to St. Mary's - Might even see if we can get into one of their cabins - see how much they are first)) like a second honeymoon - oh brother I could think of a warmer place to be
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #205
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I'll ditto on Carol's thoughts but will add - must haves..... wine pouch and chocolate for the short hike as opposed to long (getting older and body worn out from this past winter - oh what am I saying it still is winter here!!!

....I would be most humbled to shoot along side Carol if you'd have a clutz along My track record for staying on my feet this past winter has not been that good

What is the weather like there...muddy, snow, thawing or are you pretty much dry with no permafrost or white stuff to think of.

Holly do you like photography or nature walks? Would you be able to come out and play that week leading up to the Rally?
Old 03-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #206
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Oh my, I may bring you a nice floral splasher, and if you don't care for it I will just spray my upper lip! Or try this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AAAAAh_QYkwAAAAAAE9GGA.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	56453  

photography
Old 03-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #207
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
One place that comes to mind is the small town of Yellow Springs. It is a little burg that never left the sixties. There are really cool shops, and some neat places to eat. To the immediate north is a nature area called Clifton Gorge and John bryant state park(no campground). It has really neat areas to hike. A wonderful pine forrest and of course a gorge that is really neat. You could spend a whole day in this area. Just north of Yellow Springs is a small dairy that has really good ice cream/food, miniature golf, batting cages and cows to pet.
Buck Creek state park (Springfield) has a nice campground and is located a little further north on the way to St. Marys. There is a lake there to kayak at, some hiking. It is nice, but not in a dramatic way. There is also a good river for canoeing/kayaking close by. George Rogers Clark state park is also there and is good for hiking or mountain biking.
If you like to ride bikes there are extensive bike trails in the area.
A rainy day activity might be the Air Force museum in Fairborn. You have to see it to believe it. They have visiters from all over the world.
Around the area of Ohio caverns are two castles that are open to the public which can be neat.
If you guys need anything while you are in the area, Wally has a pretty extensive shop for working on cool things like Airstreams, so if we can help with anything let us know.
These are the things off the top of my head, I will keep thinking.

PEACE!

Holly
Old 03-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #208
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I seem to remember there was a big Tree at the Terra Port???

But my first vision is the minute I get in it - the dogs would want in and would pull the shower down and I would be left standing in (B)Rare form beside the tree - gosh the tree would run-away!!!! if that happened. Peter would pull up the LadyBug and leave me in a flash.... I suspect Ohio would even declare a state of emergency and issue blinding glasses for everyone

Plastic wrap under the clothing might work better hence no need for the upper lip spray....

But I am a bit worried about the pre-spray situation in the little LadyBug with the big fella along...
Old 03-17-2008, 01:07 PM   #209
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
Gosh, I must type really slow for you to get all that stuff in while I was posting- wait- I did have to go do some work in there.
I love photography. I have been playing around with video and movies lately. Hiking is cool too.

PEACE!

Holly
Old 03-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #210
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
No snow. No permafrost. It is usually a nice time of year. Although if it is raining, there will be some mud involved!

PEACE!

Holly
Old 03-17-2008, 01:11 PM   #211
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
One place that comes to mind is the small town of Yellow Springs. It is a little burg that never left the sixties. There are really cool shops, and some neat places to eat. To the immediate north is a nature area called Clifton Gorge and John bryant state park(no campground). It has really neat areas to hike. A wonderful pine forrest and of course a gorge that is really neat. You could spend a whole day in this area. Just north of Yellow Springs is a small dairy that has really good ice cream/food, miniature golf, batting cages and cows to pet.
Buck Creek state park (Springfield) has a nice campground and is located a little further north on the way to St. Marys. There is a lake there to kayak at, some hiking. It is nice, but not in a dramatic way. There is also a good river for canoeing/kayaking close by. George Rogers Clark state park is also there and is good for hiking or mountain biking.
If you like to ride bikes there are extensive bike trails in the area.
A rainy day activity might be the Air Force museum in Fairborn. You have to see it to believe it. They have visiters from all over the world.
Around the area of Ohio caverns are two castles that are open to the public which can be neat.
If you guys need anything while you are in the area, Wally has a pretty extensive shop for working on cool things like Airstreams, so if we can help with anything let us know.
These are the things off the top of my head, I will keep thinking.

OH WOW Holly what a fabulous line up!! I need to get you to plan my Holiday for sure...sign me up I will do it all it all sounds so great!!

I must not show this to Peter or he will move in!!! The word "Extensive Shop" could send him into a frenzie.....Maybe I could leave him with your Wally for the weekend tee hee....

Are you both retired?
Old 03-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #212
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
No snow. No permafrost. It is usually a nice time of year. Although if it is raining, there will be some mud involved!
Right then ....must bring wellies check on the list, hicking stick and camera....you know you can count on me for wine! and I know Carol finds amazing Chocolate - but then you caught Carol's attention a while back with mention of that wonderful chocolate place...okay not just Carol you caught all our attention with that one

Well looks like we all have lots in common - this is great.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #213
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Wah!

Ladies, our business Answer Center has just ordered new telephone switching equipment, which will be delivered right before the rally. It will take 5-6 weeks to train operators, senior staff (including moi) and convert clients.
Simply no way I can make it barring a last minute miracle.

Paula Ford
Old 03-17-2008, 01:17 PM   #214
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
I am signing off- time to head home. Will catch you girls later!

PEACE!

Holly
Old 03-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #215
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thank you Holly. If we could all meet prerally for a shoot out that would be terrific, nice lunch or dinner, where muddy hiking boots are acceptable, that's my style. It's no treat for me to "dress" for dinner, tee hee, beside Sharon will be odiferous anyway. I'll look up some of these great suggestions while you are in transit.

Paula, oh pooh. Sorry to hear that, however I do believe in miracles, we can always hope. Now how do we replace that special spice you bring? Can't! So we will look forward to seeing you next time for sure!

photography
Old 03-17-2008, 01:30 PM   #216
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
Ladies, our business Answer Center has just ordered new telephone switching equipment, which will be delivered right before the rally..........
Paula Ford
Well lets just hope that the delivery is delayed and does not arrive for another week - ooooohhhhhhuuuummmmmmmm oooooooohhhhhhuuuuuummmmm come on everyone tune in - we can make it work....

Sure hope the plans change Paula it would be great to see you again.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #217
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello everyone... We will be in Jackson Center on Apr 22 to pick up the axles for the Argosy... may see some of you.... heading back to Canada am of Apr 23.... we are making this trip coincide with a visit with family the week before....
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #218
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Hello everyone... We will be in Jackson Center on Apr 22 to pick up the axles for the Argosy... may see some of you.... heading back to Canada am of Apr 23.... we are making this trip coincide with a visit with family the week before....
Hey that is great...maybe we can arrange a dinner or a brunch on either of those two days... Where are you staying over - we have a tent

Don't do four humans and four dogs in a LadyBug
Old 03-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #219
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
MY MY, look at what everyone said, my goodness!!!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #220
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello.... no tenting here.... gave that up years ago.... real motel room with a shower and a bed and heat... haven't decided where to stay yet ... will start checking tonight.... does Peter need to buy a TV... ??? Know where one is for sale really reasonable........ yes dinner or brunch would be great...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote