Old 06-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #71
2 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
conway , Washington
good question, caddygrn; I'm not sure we'll get an answer back on this forum, as she and Glen are already out there (they're having an extended holiday);
I tried calling her earlier so if I hear back I'll ask and let you know.

Any other questions.......anyone?
Carolyn

Old 06-29-2008, 06:12 PM   #72
2 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
conway , Washington
Claudia, Teresa just called and said she'd have access to the forum and will reply tonight.
Anyone else with questions for our "resident expert"....ask on
Carolyn

Old 06-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by paisanochic View Post
Any other questions.......anyone?
Carolyn
Since you asked.........is the river navigable by kayak?? I was thinking of throwing our kayak on top the Avy if there was some water nearby to ply. (I only do smooth water kayaking0)

Looking forward to seeing everyone......and trying our Argosy for a short run before we take it to Alaska the following week!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #74
2 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
conway , Washington
Hey Jim.....
"resident expert" referred to is Teresa...... (holy cow...not me!).....
she'll be on line later;
You and Cheryl must be getting quite excited about your trip to the North country! Sounds wonderful
See you both this next week...looking forward to seeing you
Carolyn
Old 06-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #75
2006 F350 V10 Ext. Cab LB

1998 30' Excella 1000
Sherwood , Oregon
Hi,
Just spoke to the "resident expert" about 15 minutes ago. Looks like there's room for us and maybe a couple more (She's on site). At the moment only 3 of the approx. 15 regular sites are occupied and roughly 5 more can fit in the reserved group site area.

According to our "resident expert", there are no communal type planned meals - i.e. no suggestions for things to bring & share (I'm bringing a fishing pole). And, she was somewhat emphatic about suggesting people bring leveling blocks for their rigs ..... Hmmmmm.

Walt
Old 06-30-2008, 11:14 PM   #76

1998 30' Excella 1000
Sherwood , Oregon
Hi again,

On just reading through some of this thread, I quess I misunderstood about the communal type planned meals. I'll bake a cake if the heat wave backs off.

Walt
Old 07-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #77
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Hello everyone!

We should be off by noon today ~ we'll go part way and meet up with Darol tomorrow, we will both arrive on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Mrs. NorCal Bambi traveling in S Tardis ~ from the Great State of Jefferson
My new blog: Yreka History
Old 07-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #78

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I think there's a couple ways meals can go. One would be that we all just cook for ourselves, one would be your basic pot-luck where everyone brings a dish, and the third way would be where someone organizes a main dish and everyone else brings sides. The bigger the group, the more organized you have to be about it. We've had times we were just all cooking for ourselves and it turns into a potluck because everyone cooks too much! And of course if you're not into potlucks, you can always join in and just take care of yourself. Everyone has their own way of doing it. Somehow it always seems to work out!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #79
2 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
conway , Washington
Hi everyone....
What I do know.....is that there is a 'planned', old fashioned All-American potluck planned for the 4th of July; probably to happen before the parade, which starts at 7..... Teresa and I sorta took the bull by the horn and threw the idea out there ....several threads back.
We will need everyone to bring what you want to bbq and a side dish to share; if you have a sm. bbq that could be used, that would be great too.
I am bringing a pasta salad and watermelon....Teresa is making a potato salad; when we all get there, it will all fall into place.
This is a great laid back group....we just ~flow~
So let's just kick back and enjoy!

Carolyn

Our 'leader'...stephanieroberts....needs some R&R....so we just wanna help her get that
Old 07-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #80

1998 30' Excella 1000
Sherwood , Oregon
Hi Again,
It's still very hot here in Sherwood (Probably no cake). I will bring enough firewood (Mostly about 5+ yrs. dried oak, madrone, & some misc.) for at least 1 night's common fire if we're not too extravagant. Also, we use a super cheapo (Maybe $2.50 new) charcoal grill about 18" dia. and will have that available for anyone to use.

Don't forget the leveling blocks Blue Pearl mentioned. I've driven through this site once to see what's there, but never stayed. It looked mostly flat, but I can't attest to what the individual sites are like. When I was there, the stream was a bit high from snow melt & I wouldn't try a canoe or kayak there at that time. I am thinking of drifting #10 or #12 gold hooks with Pautzke eggs with light gear (Fishing) to see what might be in there (If there's a salmon, my gear's dead).
Walt
Old 07-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #81

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I hate to do this, because lately it seems like we keep having to cancel out of rallys at the last minute. Our dog Chester is quite elderly and has been going downhill slowly, but things seem to have picked up speed this last week. We can't take him with us because he can barely walk. There's no way we can leave him here alone with just the petsitters looking in on him twice a day, he keeps falling down and needing help to get up again. This might be his last weekend, we've got a really bad feeling about this. So I guess we'll have to sit this one out and stay home again! Sorry, we'll miss seeing everyone, but there will be more rallys down the road.

Send my regards to everyone there.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #82
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts View Post
I hate to do this, because lately it seems like we keep having to cancel out of rallys at the last minute. Our dog Chester is quite elderly and has been going downhill slowly, but things seem to have picked up speed this last week. We can't take him with us because he can barely walk. There's no way we can leave him here alone with just the petsitters looking in on him twice a day, he keeps falling down and needing help to get up again. This might be his last weekend, we've got a really bad feeling about this. So I guess we'll have to sit this one out and stay home again! Sorry, we'll miss seeing everyone, but there will be more rallys down the road.

Send my regards to everyone there.
Have a good weekend with Chester Stephanie. Shower him with all the love and attention a good old dog needs right now. It's a sad time that needs to be spent with a guy who sees you two as mom and dad. You are all in our thoughts.

Barry and Donna
Old 07-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Gee Steph, that's terrible! May he enjoy his days with you two.. you two are great parents.

We also will have to cancel. Just too much going on this week and next. Hope you all have a great rally.
Marc and Mona
Old 07-08-2008, 01:47 AM   #84
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Thank you

I want to thank everyone for making this a fun and filling rally. I'm still not hungry! thanks to our foody, Caroline for making sure we had great meals. Good friends, good food, good campfires and normal forum weather what else can we ask for. See you guys down the road.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote