Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #101
2 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1974 25' Tradewind
1973 31' Sovereign
Charlottesville , Virginia
I hope to make it with my GT, it depends on my belly pan progress. It is slow but steady at this point but have not done any banana wrapping yet! I would so enjoy meeting other Airstreamers, not too many people understand what I am talking about when they ask me how I spend my time.
ASIcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #102
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Umm, actually I get it at a place like Out Of Doors Mart...
Seriously, what we use is one of two products, depending on how grungy and greasy the fan is. I either use a product called Reliable1, or RV-Do. Available at finer RV supply stores everywhere...
If you would put that on your list of things to bring from ODM, we would be grateful. Ours is fairly bad, so whatever you think is best.

Thanks,

Maggie
Old 09-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #103
2 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1974 25' Tradewind
1973 31' Sovereign
Oh my goodness, I did not RSVP, is it too late? Can someone point out the info as I am not seeing it? Thanks!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #104
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
If you've made a reservation and posted here, I'm sure you're good.

Scroll down a bit and find the post where someone included a link to the RSVP place. Follow the directions.

See you there,

Maggie
Old 09-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #105
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Fredericksburg , Texas
Suzy & I hope to make it to the gathering. Early in the week we will be visiting friends in Spartanburg, SC & hope to head up to the Smokies from there. Since we don't know definitely our time frame for our visit with our friends, we aren't booking yet.
Morgan guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #106
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Ours is fairly bad, so whatever you think is best.

Thanks,

Maggie
...Napalm?...
Old 09-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #107
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I've been following the Fantastic Fan discussion (cleaning one, that is).

Since our AS is still very new to us, we've been going through it and cleaning, scrubbing, dusting, etc. Not that the last PO left it in bad shape, because it wasn't just tidying up a bit.

We're lucky enough to have the Pop and Lock screens (I think that is what they are called) on our FFs. So, cleaning them is pretty simple as there are no screws to deal with. If you don't have these they are probably worth the expense to get rid of the hassle of screws to remove and refasten the screens.

As for cleaning the fan itself, I found that either an all purpose cleaner or a glass cleaner (since we have two fans I tried different products) worked fine. I sprayed and wiped each blade individually one by one. That was tedious and uncomfortable because I was reaching above my head and my shoulders got tired, especially because I did each fan twice, but it produced pretty good results.

Like Doug and Maggie I was hoping there might be a way to remove the blade and thus get above it as well, but I didn't see a way to do it and I guess my assumption that it was not made to be removed, was correct. To bad, it would definitely make it easier to clean and allow for a more thorough job.

Pete
TV 2006 Dodge Ram 2500
Mega Cab Diesel 4x4
Re-Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #108
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Quote:
If you've made a reservation and posted here, I'm sure you're good.

Scroll down a bit and find the post where someone included a link to the RSVP place. Follow the directions.

See you there,

Maggie
Somehow I went to the RSVP page when I logged on yesterday, I don;t even know exactly how that happened. I was probably linking in from an email I received. Here is a real newbie question. How would one know there is an RSVP page and where to find it?

Pete
TV 2006 Dodge Ram 2500
Mega Cab Diesel 4x4
Old 09-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #109
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
I certainly don't want to turn this into a Fantastic Vent cleaning thread, but here are a couple of links I found at fantasticvent.com that may be of interest.

Pop-N-Lock Screens and How to clean a Fantastic Fan. It takes a bit of work, but the blade can be removed.

Phyllis and I are really looking forward to meeting everyone, and I'm looking forward to seeing Steve and Di's jazzy belt line LEDs.

Pete
TV 2006 Dodge Ram 2500
Mega Cab Diesel 4x4
Old 09-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #110
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cruiser View Post
We would be two of the Airstreamers who hadn't RSVP'd, but I just completed that. Well, I said this will be our first rally....................sorry, but I just didn't think of it.

We are planning to pack Thursday night, and leave here by 9am or earlier, stopping for breakfast. We don't know how long the drive will be, but we are guesstimating 5-6 hrs., so hoping to be there by 3pm. Is there a check-in time that we can't get in before?

Paula, are you still looking for another DO? If so, I have an extra footed DO you can use while there if you'd like. Just let me know and I'll bring it along; it is a little larger one (a Lodge).

Thanks, AirHeadsRus, for the reminder.

Deb
If it's not too much trouble, bring the DO along. We can always make biscuits or cornbread or maybe oatmeal for breakfast. I used to think I hated oatmeal until I started eating steel cut - takes 30 minutes to cook - with added dried fruit. It's still sticky, but you'll never eat instant rolled oats again! (I buy it at the local feed and grain store, so I have plenty.)

I hear the apples aren't too good on the trees in the campground, so I'll look for a roadside stand somewhere to buy fresh ones. Anyone coming through Winchester VA could also find some.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #111
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
TO RSVP Va Highland Haven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIcons View Post
Oh my goodness, I did not RSVP, is it too late? Can someone point out the info as I am not seeing it? Thanks!
Go to Portal:

Go to bottom of Portal Page See list of upcoming Rallies

Click on Virginia Highland Haven - Casual

Read and Follow the bouncing Ball - Click on YES, MAYBE or NO, add a comment if you wish and Enter!

See you there! Also DO call Va Highland Haven and make reservations - they say they have plenty of spaces but best to make sure. They DO NOT take credit cards so you'll have to pay by check or cash. Also Terry (Overlander63) will probably NOT be able to take credit cards for Out of Doors Mart at the Rally - So if you want to order anything on credit, call OODM before the rally and order it there with Terry delivering it - or of course take cash.

Wow. This is the first time this year I've attended a rally and I'm so pleased to meet new friends and reconnect with old ones! Thanks a billion for coming!

Paula

Paula
Old 09-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #112
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
ASIcons

I hope you can make it to the rally. Come even if you have to bring an aluminum (or nylon) tent. Nice to have a TW owner not to far from Lynchburg. Anytime you want to talk about Aistreams, just give me a holler. Believe me I know what you mean about folks not understanding your passion.

My son live is C'ville, so I get up there on a sorta regular basis.

Dan 434-401-4060
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #113
2 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1974 25' Tradewind
1973 31' Sovereign
The TW is my next project, can't wait! I think your son may be my next door neighbor, Steve. I am definitely coming to the rally even if I have to put up somewhere else. Have no tent, just aluminum. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #114
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Speaking of apples, we picked up some delicious honey crisp at a market today. I am definitely doing apple crisp for the potluck Saturday night, plus the corn dish. . I will get apples before we arrive at the campground, it will just be easier for me.

We have no freezer to speak of---if someone would like to bring vanilla ice cream for the crisp, that would be perfect.

Terry, don't bother getting/bringing anything from ODM for our fan blades. We're going to try something less toxic and go from there. If we have to do something really messy, we'll wait til we get home. .

It has been rainy and horribly humid in Pennsylvania the past few days. Thank goodness for electricity and AC, or I would be a puddle.

Hope the weather starts to turn fall-ish soon. My favorite time of year.

Maggie
Old 09-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #115
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
We will bring vanilla ice for the apply crisp. How much do you think we should bring, do you think one gallon would suffice? (I'm not certain how many we have coming.)

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #116
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cruiser
We will bring vanilla ice for the apply crisp. How much do you think we should bring, do you think one gallon would suffice? (I'm not certain how many we have coming.)

Deb
Thanks, and I think a gallon would be plenty.

Mggie
Old 09-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #117
2 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1974 25' Tradewind
1973 31' Sovereign
I made a reservation today after RSVPing and would love to contribute to the pot luck. Please let me know what I can bring.

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #118
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Pete and I have room in our freezer too so we'll bring a back up for the ice cream, I'm sure it won't go bad
Phyllis
Phoedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #119
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:

Terry, don't bother getting/bringing anything from ODM for our fan blades. We're going to try something less toxic and go from there. If we have to do something really messy, we'll wait til we get home. .

Maggie
Maggie, you do know the napalm comment was in jest, right?
Old 09-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #120
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
On another note, I was able to con, err, talk one of the salesmen into donating a couple pairs of items for door prizes. There may be a few more trinkets, but these will definitely come in handy on the 15th.