Old 08-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #15
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Okay, Marie is off the 16th. I can come up the evening of the 14th, and Marie may have to drive up to meet us the morning of the 15th, as she has to work 3-11 the 14th.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Hi Paula,

At this point Phyl and I are talking about heading up on Thursday the 13th. We have to be back for a meeting in the early evening of the 17th so we plan on leaving the 16th, but may leave the morning of the 17th. Will the park be okay with that kind of arrangement?

Pete

TV 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab Diesel 4x4
Re-Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #17
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Here's a link to the park:
Highland Haven
Old 08-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Pete View Post
Hi Paula,

At this point Phyl and I are talking about heading up on Thursday the 13th. We have to be back for a meeting in the early evening of the 17th so we plan on leaving the 16th, but may leave the morning of the 17th. Will the park be okay with that kind of arrangement?

Pete
Should be no problem. Just call and let them know when you're coming. I was planning on getting there a day early myself. It takes me a while to get the kinks out after a six hour drive. Overlander63 "Terry & Marie" have posted the link to the Haven. And when you see the pictures, sunsets really DO look like that. There will probably be 10-20 rigs there for the whole season with lots of people in residence. Everyone will help you park and get set up - no problemo.

Paula
Old 08-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Smith Mountain Lake , Virginia
Highland Haven

If you don't mind some newbies attending, Denise and I would like to make this week-end. We are only about an hour away, but have never visited HH.
Just getting back from a 3 month cross country this week and our little 1968 Safari 22' is ready for more.
Jim & Denise Pilversack
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Old 08-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapePod View Post
If you don't mind some newbies attending, Denise and I would like to make this week-end. We are only about an hour away, but have never visited HH.
Just getting back from a 3 month cross country this week and our little 1968 Safari 22' is ready for more.
Jim & Denise Pilversack
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
You are of course more than welcome.

Hem.... However... if you've done a 3 month cross country, I'm thinking that you've graduated from "newbie" status - however I don't know what the next rank actually is. Dandy Don Meredith (Dallas Cowboy from times of yore) once said something like, "There are one or two golden years when you're no longer an untried rookie, and you haven't yet become a grizzled veteran." Perhaps that's you.

See you at the Havens (stolen from Lord of the Ring trilogy)

Paula
Old 08-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Smith Mountain Lake , Virginia
Newbie vs grizzled veteran

By newbies I really meant a forum newbie. I have been mining the forums for over two years as we have gotten our safari into traveling shape, but you may have noticed my last message was my first post. I am a veteran (Vietnam)- not quite grizzled yet, and we are second generation streamers.

Looking forward to meeting fellow streamers. After Alumapalooza, we saw fewer than 20 Airstreams over almost 90 days of travel to the west coast and back.
Jim Pilversack
Old 08-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #22
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Jim, you'll probably see that many at Highland Haven.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #23
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
So, other than wine tasting(who is going to be the designated driver?) and pot luck, does anybody want to do anything else?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #24
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Hummm, how 'bout your Mudslides?
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Here's a link to the park:
Highland Haven

Thanks for posting this. I'll probably be able to find it now. Love the pictures.

Pete
Old 08-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Wine Tasting - we COULD take one of the streams down to Chateau Morrisette and after we've sampled ourselves into a soused state sleep it off in the stream.

What else? There may be something going on in Floyd - Bluegrass music or at least a nice restaurant.

I believe we can pick apples from the trees on the hillside below the campground. Pie or cider? I personally just like to enjoy the scenery around the Blue Ridge. Of course Re-Pete will need to have his new toy inspected by a bona-fide Airstream maintenance Sr. Tech.

Paula
Old 08-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Wine Tasting - we COULD take one of the streams down to Chateau Morrisette and after we've sampled ourselves into a soused state sleep it off in the stream.

What else? There may be something going on in Floyd - Bluegrass music or at least a nice restaurant.

I believe we can pick apples from the trees on the hillside below the campground. Pie or cider? I personally just like to enjoy the scenery around the Blue Ridge. Of course Re-Pete will need to have his new toy inspected by a bona-fide Airstream maintenance Sr. Tech.

Paula
Sounds like lots of fun. Neither Phyllis or I imbibe so we can be the designated drivers and I've got a pickup so if needed we can stack the inebriated in the back like cord wood, right next to the apples.

I'm equally excited about my inspection, but I do have a question... Will that be before or after the winery tour?
Old 08-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #28
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Pete View Post

I'm equally excited about my inspection, but I do have a question... Will that be before or after the winery tour?
Yes, it will.